Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
What's so good about this Legacy of the Dragonborn thing makes it the top quest mod on SE? Is the story compelling and well done or is it just collecting poo poo for a museum and people love that for some reason?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
Skyrim is an awful game. It's there to be modded, not played.

The cycle is you install it once every 5 or so years. Install a bunch of mods. Get those working. Play a little bit until find something you don't like. Mod it. Play a little bit more and find more things you don't like. Eventually you have 300 mods installed and everything is pretty much as good as it's going to get. Then you realised you don't actually want to play any of this content and uninstall it all.

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Jun 8, 2021

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
There's no judgement here friend. I'm currently sitting at over 310 mods installed. If I can just find a high res texture for the Nordic portcullis..

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
It always looks really washed out and bad otherwise. It's really hard to make ambient light look good in Skyrim. I never found a happy medium. It always either looks bad or it's too dark.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I have the unsettling urge to mod the hell out of Skyrim for reasons I don't fully understand or want to introspect on. Hopefully it passes by the weekend.

If it doesn't is there a very up-to-date mod list for making the game look as good as possible? Or any new or interesting "must have" mods made in the past few years?

E: Apparently I modded this up to 300+ mods under a year ago and have somehow completely forgotten about it and everything I assume I learned during it. :psyduck:

Funky See Funky Do fucked around with this message at 13:46 on May 30, 2022