Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Tired of keeping up with some quest NPC who wants to drag you halfway across the map? Just click a hotkey and follow them forever!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWIN60_3IpU

ThaumPenguin fucked around with this message at 16:29 on Feb 26, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

May as well post some more recent mods:

No more cheesing NPCs by getting up on a big rock, they're not falling for that again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mF5wPzoYoiQ

NPCs Take Cover - Smarter Anti-Cheese AI

---

D.E.A.D. - Draugr Enemy Asset Diversity
Draugr! They're mummified guardians dating back to the days when dragons ruled the lands. Except, hold on, a lot of the ones we encounter postdate that by millennia, who's mummifying all these corpses? Nobody, that's who. The walking dead who did not die in service of the dragons are now properly fleshy and decayed, and with unique appearances for the named ones as well!

Remember how Potema was a Septim? Now the draugr guarding her are proper imperials!

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

It's such a delight when Nexus gives you the "please endorse these mods" popup, which is just a list of mod names, with no links or any nugget of context towards what game they're even for other than whatever the mod authors thought to include in the names themselves. It's so enthusiastically unhelpful. Yeah sure I'll endorse "Rock retexture" from videogame

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Mak0rz posted:

Sorry to make what is probably "the post we see here every month" but as the OP says it's very out of date. I recently reinstalled Skyrim (SE version) and while I originally played it vanilla I don't think I can stomach that dreadful UI again. I'm looking to fix it up with some improvements.

Since nobody's mentioned it yet, I thought you should know that you do have the option of just going with a Wabbajack modlist. These are pre-made modded game setups curated by various authors or teams of authors, each with specific design goals in mind. So you might have one that's just focused on performance and bugfixes, another that's focused on challenging combat another yet that focuses on questing, or survival. Thing is, once you've picked one, Wabbajack will download, install and configure it for you (provided you're paying for one month of nexus premium, or are instead willing to do a lot of clicking confirmation boxes). If you find that one of them fits your criteria, you might save yourself an awful lot of time and trouble.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Aren't Mashed/Smashed patches considered a bit antiquated these days? I think Synthesis is the hot new thing, but I have no idea how it works.