Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Todd Howard did it again!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Can I get some help with High Poly Head NPCs? I used the High Poly Head NPC mod on Nexus, downloaded everything properly but several NPCs have their hairs clip into their heads making them look garbage. I really like the higher fidelity faces but the hair messing up makes it unplayable. Any help fixing this would be appreciated.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
So fellas. SkySA or ABR? What do I choose?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Zokari posted:

Every time I run up that huge ramp to Solitude and sit through an additional loading screen, I spend that time thinking about how much my game experience is improved by not being able to fast travel.

It really sucks that Opencities is kinda buggy and made by the crank Arthmoor because its really fun doing things like climbing over walls and stuff.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Are there any good tutorials for using the sculpting module for RaceMenu?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

nine-gear crow posted:

It's relatively intuitive to pick up once you get going. The big thing to know is that on Special Edition, the preview window is mirrored, so whatever you're doing on the left is actually being done on the right of the face model and vice versa. The good news is that most edits are also mirrored simultaneously on both sides of the face model.

The Smooth tool is going to be your friend and the one you're going to get the most use out of to try and sand off the rough edges of Skyrim's face models. Every tool has a strength and radius slider for fine tuning. You can also toggle what face layer you're editing with check boxes, like the normal face model, facial hair, eyebrows, eyes, and scars, ect. Hair isn't normally editable and if it is NEVER touch it anyway because it always crashes whenever I've tried to edit it.

You're gonna be flipping back and forth between the sliders and the sculpt tool obsessively but it's just a matter of figuring out what each tool does. There's also a sculpt history list that you can scroll through and undo stuff if if you gently caress up.

thank you. One of the best things beth did for Fo4 was making sculpt native.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
How balanced is SPERG compared to something like ordinator? Ordinator has that thing where after a while you gain way too much power when yo go into one skill tree. I am currently using CORI and MISTI for class archetypes and general levelling.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
I know its AE day and all but I am really vibing with the new project impact mod. Hitting NPCs hard enough so that they can be staggered is dope.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
For the fellas who have played with imperious by enai, I need a little bit of help. I am running an helf paladin with alteration for buffing myself. What spells do I put in Contingency to proc for more sustaining power? I don't have fus ro dah for CC and a lot of times enemies gang up on me, hit me and stunlock me.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
1. Yes
2. I don't remember. There's one where you cast a spell while drawing weapons, 3 different ones when health magicka and stamina fall to 25%

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

If you want, you can get the Great Cities of JK's North if you want a mashup of several city mods.

this is a very cool and comprehensive overhaul if you are dumb like me. With this and with nordUA armor replacers skyrim looks very different in more settled areas.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Zodack posted:

Thought I had bugged out NFF because after installing on an old save I couldn't find Lydia. Come to find out if you dismiss her a ways away from Whiterun she'll walk in real time back to Dragonsreach. Huh.

I stick all my waifus thanes in the museum safehose from LOTD. NFF has a pretty straightforward system for that. Now that I am not using ordinator it is useful to bring lydia along as something other than a pack mule.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Ran the best of both worlds patcher and lol now I can't use the WASD keys.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
I like Attack behavior revamp.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
The one benefit of Alternate Start is that it starts you off prepackaged either in a guild or as the owner of a property. Its useful if you want to roleplay as a member of a guild. Of course the caveat is that if you walk vaguely in the direction of helgen the main quest starts immediately. Unbound at least lets you explore helgen uninterrupted.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
LOTD is so good that you forget that it's a mod.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Morrowind is so old that people just made a new engine to run the game's data. Pretty cool.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Leal posted:

I had a little chuckle when you see the racism in Windhelm and the dark elf goes "And the Nords are assholes to Argonians"

Lady, your home nation literally attacks a neighboring country to get Argonian slaves. Slavery is so ingrained in Morrowind culture that they have an insult based around being a servile: Fetcher.

that was in a whole another era before the events of Skyrim.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Midnight Voyager posted:

How long has it been since slavery was a thing in the US? And about how many years before Skyrim is that "whole another era" away? The numbers are MUCH MORE SIMILAR than you seem to think.

Also I never got the impression Torygg was a teenager. You meet him in Sovngarde and he's just a dude with a beard. 20s minimum.

Love to do political analyses of skyrim while forgetting that the entire setting is a dream within a dream of a godhead. What the dragonborn does at the end is doing percussive maintenance on Alduin so that hopefully he gets his head straight and when the time comes he will swallow Nirn and everything can start back when Auriel/Akatosh throw Lorkhan/Shor's heart away.

Gonkish posted:

It's also worth noting that the Argonians straight up wrecked the Dunmer in the Red Year after the eruption of Red Mountain. Part of the reason that at least some of the Dunmer migrated to Skyrim was to escape the vengeance of the Argonians (and, of course, because Red Mountain went hyper boom and rendered a good chunk of the province a wasteland).

Yes its more akin to Haiti. Between the red mountain erupting and the Septim Dynasty's death the Empire accelerated in it's decline. Even the dunmer refugees in Skyrim have no particular desire to return home and the folks in the gray quarter prefer to live in an Imperial province wracked by Civil War than to return to whatever's left back in Morrowind. Meanwhile the Thalmor are straight up encouraging the rebellion because it keeps the Empire divided and weak while both sides lick their wounds.

Tankbuster fucked around with this message at 09:40 on Nov 27, 2021

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

kartikeya posted:

It annoyed the hell out of me (because I am a dumb and I do things wrong), but it turns out there's a Synthesis patcher that does basically everything, and much, much faster:

Get AllGUD, then get the AllGUD conditions fix from here, then get this, and run the Synthesis patcher (you just have to set the output folders). Patcher took a few minutes at most for a really heavily modded setup, no messing with xedit scripts or even manually patching skeletons, though you still need the modded one.

I don't run it on the NPCs because I figured that would add a bunch of unnecessary script processing, I use Simple Dual Sheath and turn off player display in the ini file.

Ok, how do I disable ALLGUD for NPCs?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Speaking of funky mods. I am trying to use AllGud with Believable weapons and the silver ones seem to have lost their meshes completely.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Yeah as cool as ALLGUD is I think I am going to have to ditch it.

Question regarding a reinstall of Skyrim. After a fresh reinstall and then running the downgrader, what else will I have to do with the main installation folder to get everything going again? I know that SKSE goes in the main folder. What about things like bodyslide or other stuff?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
I will switch over to AE after DAR gets updated. If it gets updated. I need it for ABR.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
3DNPCs is that bad huh?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Ah well, thats going out of my modlist now.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Lol removing 3DNPCs requires me to do the entire Dyndolod thing.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

Eifert Posting posted:

I would say the AE stuff is largely worth it

You can just use best of both worlds no?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Immersive Equipment Display can't do the animation switch on the fly with Nemesis. I have to install and use FNIS which of course breaks all my behavior mods.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

VostokProgram posted:

What's so cool about LOTD

Its a really well integrated expansion level mod with good voice acting and fun lore stuff.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Speaking of Wabbajack, is there a modlist that installs all the basic engine and assorted bugfixes for skyrim? My installation got nuked and I need to figure stuff out. Also papyrusutil goes at the bottom of the load order right?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

FutonForensic posted:

Skyrim Modding Essentials Fixes & Tools is likely the closest to what you're asking for.

Thank you!

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Now that I have the basics of everything installed, do I use open cities?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
I finally managed to generate a grass cache. What a herculean amount of work.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Enjoying MCO with precision.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Don't a bunch of the regular/basegame hairstyles clash incredibly poorly with highpoly head?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
As an aside, JK's skyrim causes crashes with precached grass.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
The only issue with the underwear mod is that it distributes stuff via SPID, which means that if you distribute custom clothing/weapons via spid then it overrides the underwear. Does anyone have any idea how to fix it?

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

nine-gear crow posted:

Yeah, now the only unsolved problem with Immersive Armors is that it runs on archaic scripting from half a decade ago that will never be updated.

Those ARE some great retextures/remodels though.

Wonder if there is a submod for IA that strips out all the scripting and just puts it in a default levelled list.

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021
Can I inject OWL into an already existing game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tankbuster
Oct 1, 2021

prometheusbound2 posted:

It is also my understanding that any mod that uses FNIS can use Nemesis instead. Is that also correct?

All of them bar one. SlavicPotato's otherwise perfect ALLGUD replacer requires FNIS to change sheathing/unsheathing animations on the fly.