Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer
Are there any mods for PS4 that change alchemy in any cool ways, or is that just not doable on console?

I realize I should prob just be playin this on PC but hell I got a big cool OLED a couple months ago and I wanted to play something cool looking on it so I'm tryin the 4k version on PS4

Stefan Prodan fucked around with this message at 06:55 on Jul 29, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

skyrim works really good with a controller on pc, for what its worth

Yeah, I really just wanted a big pretty open world game to play on my new TV and for some reason I had a hankering to do some RPGing and I saw Skyrim remastered was on sale for $30, I'll probably move on to Horizon after this because I hear it's pretty as hell

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Man I know this isn't the Skyrim thread proper, but playing through it again, while also playing Witcher 3 concurrently, I figured out why these games are just so, like, not compelling apart from the gameplay and the progression stuff for me.

I can't name like a single memorable or fleshed out character in this game. Everyone is just variations of "stern/proud/angry" and is just there to move the plot along or get betrayed or something, whereas everyone in the witcher has a real personality that comes across.

There are a few exceptions, and some interesting plots like the Dark Brotherhood (If I remember right, it's been awhile since I did it), but like I literally think Belethor The Pawn Shop Guy has more personality than 90% of the NPCs in this game. And I mean that genuinely, he's a smug prick and he makes racist jokes about buying your relatives if you're Khajiit. Pretty sure he already has a more developed personality than like Delphine Jend ever does.

It's just a shame because I still love seeing the different towns, I think the towns have great design and the gameplay is fine especially when modded, but man I wish they had better writers.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

Grimey Drawer

wormil posted:

I guess for $10 you can't go wrong either way.

He must make those jokes to everyone because Khajiit is the only race I haven't played and I've heard that joke a lot.

Oh really? Haha drat I hadn't played as a Khajiit before and everyone else was saying racist poo poo at me and so I thought he was just joining in