Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Agents are GO! posted:

Legacy of the Dragonborn is hot garbage, IMHO. It's like being given a six-foot party sub poo poo sandwich, and people saying "sure it's a poo poo sandwich, but there's so much of it!!" when you complain.

The lack of quality pervades every part of that mod. The typos, the lovely textures, the poor grammar. He'll, I don't know if its still in the mod, but I fixed something for the dude back in like version 7 - he had a voiced line that referred to "Soltheim." Voiced. How the gently caress does that get so far?

The mods just a much of a disorganized mess under the hood, there's a reason I never bothered to add support for it to the improved ASIS INIs.

LotD lowers my FPS by 5 just having it in my load order.

I do think somebody should report it for the stolen textures though, for shits and giggles.

Edit: heh, snipe.

Edit the second: Gunner, that is totally what you need to do to the threads banner, have the lickin' bear heads.

It's also just straight up incompatible with lots of other mods that are very common, like FNIS (I think there is some way to get it to work but it sounded like a pain in the rear end). I really don't understand why people make these huge, clunky mods that really should be like 7 or 8 smaller mods.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Does anyone know why Better Dead Thralls would crash on SE? It has some features which require SKSE but they are supposed to be optional.

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Hello everyone I made a mod that adds a bunch of Star Trek music to Skyrim SE: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/38209

Here's a video preview which includes me being bad at the game for 30 minutes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBSnxwXw_aw

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Jade Rider posted:

Nice, is this a full replacement or an addition?

It's supposed to be a full replacement but for some reason the vanilla music keeps creeping in every now and then.

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

PaybackJack posted:

What I really need to know is if the Bards will play The Inner light on their flutes.

drat this is a good idea

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

PaybackJack posted:

What I really need to know is if the Bards will play The Inner light on their flutes.

I did it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H-TODedkt9w

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

I made another one: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/38501/

This time, you can hang commander Data's paintings all over Skyrim.

I'm sure this is exciting for myself and about 10 other people on Earth.

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

PaybackJack posted:

Why did you take the Flute mod down? Fixing it and putting it back up?

Apparently mods on the nexus get mad about things like "copyright" or whatever that is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lacermonia
May 15, 2002

Skwirl posted:

Finally got a set-up that can run Skyrim SE, so working on a new mod order from scratch.

Anyone have much experience with the Mihail monster mods? can I just download a bunch and through them in or do I need a patch? I've used few mod packs that use a bunch of monsters from that, so I know I like them, but the Wabbajack packs all do a million different things to levelled lists so I don't know how much work is required when you aren't doing all the other things they are.

Any other recommendations for mods that add new, unique creatures? Is immersive patrols still the go to for more people in the open world?

I would recommend that you avoid Mihail's mods as the way his monsters spawn can easily cause conflicts and CTDs