Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

"I breathe now, in royalty, and reshape this thread which is mine. I do this for you, Goon Legions, for I love you." -AssMan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

The link for 'Bald Head' in the op is pointing to 'Quick Loot'. Just a heads up. :haw:

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Here's a couple of mods I like.

Real Bows replaces the vanilla bows with ones that are more physically probable and look really sharp, the modder sounds like he might actually be a bowyer.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64440/

Be a Milk Drinker adds purchaseable milk and craftable flavoured milk bottles to the game. Good for a survival game or Khajiit. Only problem I've found so far is it adds some milk barrels to vanilla houses which might be out of place if you have any overhauls of those installed, I've had to do markfordelete a couple of times.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/17836

Your Market Stall lets you craft a portable market stall that you can set up anywhere and place items for sale, and you sit at the chair to open shop. Good for moving stolen goods, and ~immersion~ and it works a lot better than I was honestly expecting.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/35305/

Pong in Loading Screens is another loading screen replacer, this one has a fully functional version of pong you play against the computer while loading, no scores, but impressively, as far as I can tell it doesn't slow anything down.
http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/65227/

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Man, I was getting the invisible briarheart torso bug between CCO and USLEEP, so I found a fix from cloaks and uskp and changed the masters in TESVEdit, and now I feel like a fuckin' hacker.

Also now that I've been using it for a while, I'm kicking myself for not getting down with CCO earlier. I only started using it since this new thread, and not only does it incorporate Jaysus, Cloaks, and others as the op says, it makes a bunch of other cool and subtle changes that have eliminated other esps from my load order. Don't need faster mining any more, for example, CCO does that too. Also I really like the ability to rename ores like corundum to copper and malachite to glass without breaking anything. Get it.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

This is kind of interesting, as part of his masters thesis, this guy claims to have written up some AI stuff to add to NPCs to see what kind of relationships they form and whether that's interesting to a player. No voice acting, if I wasn't afraid of my lovingly crafted load order breaking I'd give it a shot, but maybe worth knowing about?

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/77792/

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Here's a pretty tight companion mod for Immersive Horses, but it says any mod that lets you access the horses inventory should work. Craftable Horse Barding does exactly what you'd expect, adding a range of new saddles and armors for horses, but if you don't want to quest for wolf asses to make them yourself you can also buy them from stables.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/64069/

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

As link posting errors go, I have to say I'm impressed by this one.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

drat, those Ronzos look ridiculously well made.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Are you using LOOT? Mod Organizer? What exactly did you do when making the bashed patch, and are you getting any more meaningful feedback than recipes not appearing where they should?

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

So, this is fun. Found a random unfamiliar folder just now, with a chinese name. Virus and malware scans return no results, and they're empty with no hidden files or folders, so I don't even know where to start with this.

Edit: Oh hey this ain't the fallout 4 thread.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Suck it, Arthmoor.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Honestly I hope this doesn't mean Mod Organizer is done, I don't want to mess around with a new thing when MO Just Works.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Hey, remember Gategate? Now Arthmoor brings us some ancient bullshit from ESO.

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/79508/

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Raygereio posted:

This is in essence not a bad mod though? It's not a forced update of a bigger mod. And they're placed in remote areas as something neat for the player to stumble upon.
The only problem I see is with the quality. The textures look kinda lovely in those screenshots.

I actually don't mind this, might even be cool if the fights at each one are set up to be challenging and fun, it just makes me laugh because the oblivion gate thing was my first time hearing about him, and now he's bringin' it back!

Davoren fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Oct 17, 2016

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Hey man, some of them have trees in the middle, Skyrim is a conservation area.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

This whole upgrade thing sounds like a huge pain in the rear end, better be worth it.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Can't wait for SKSESE.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I crushed out all the cheevos in the SE so I can get to modding, and i found a couple things I never saw in Oldrim. Cool huge dungeon with some lore and a dragon priest mask that I'm not sure how I ever missed, except for gently caress hunting down all those masks. Also a dude pretending to be a merchant whose cart was robbed, obvious setup but it was a fun fight.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Play?

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Oh man I forgot about those junkbots. I loved them.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

A while back people were talking about mod packs and how they aren't really a thing anymore, but one came out recently for SE and if that's your thing then Nexus Skyrim Overhaul seems pretty full featured, thinking about giving it a whirl myself.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

So this is weird, all of a sudden my Mod Organizer folders are set to read only, so the autosave manager doesn't work to save the game any more. Every time I remove the read only flag, it's reapplied when I close properties. I've tried working backwards but I can't see as I've changed anything that would be modifying folders this way. It's not a program files issue, as the MO and Steam folders are in the root of C:. Only thing close to this I've changed is adding an installation of 2.0.8.3b for SSE, but that's in it's own folder and I'm still using MO1 for Oldrim.

Edit: Apparently square box in read only means files contained within are write protected, not the folder? So something else must be interfering with the save manager.

Further edit: Okay so removing the read only box from the save folder but leaving properties open so it doesn't reset lets the mod work again, very strange. This was all working fine the other day.

Davoren fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Jun 21, 2017

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I think I figured it out, the folder was writeable after all, it was hotkeys and settings and such that was keeping the saves from being created.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

I wish I knew how to do models and things, I'd love to have a giant crossbow that shoots arrows.