Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

He asked my religion and I replied "agnostic." He asked how to spell it, and remarked with a sigh: "Well, there are many religions, but I suppose they all worship the same God."
I've never installed a body replacer because I considered it would be immersion breaking if every female NPC in Skyrim had a cartoonish centerfold body. Consequently I don't know much about how they work.

But after giving Bijin Wives a try, which includes the option to install UNP or CBBE bodies along with it, I decided I kinda like doing body replacement for a few important NPCs (e.g. my wives).

My question now is if I want to expand this to a few more NPCs, is there any straightforward way to do this selectively? Can I install CBBE or UNP without having it effect every NPC? Likewise, with armor/clothing replacers for CBBE/UNP compatibility, will it break if I have CBBE-friendly tavern clothes or Nocturnal's Robes installed but not all the NPCs are affected by CBBE?

Any advice on this is appreciated!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

He asked my religion and I replied "agnostic." He asked how to spell it, and remarked with a sigh: "Well, there are many religions, but I suppose they all worship the same God."
Most things below the water line look good, but fish are much too visible in comparison. Any mods that fix this? Water-related mods I'm using are Cathedral Water, Natural Waterfalls (without its built-in water replacer), and Blended Shorelines.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

:v: here. I'm trying to use a bookfont mod with a console font mod along side it. How do I resolve conflicts like this?

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

Arivia posted:

I don’t know how you do it on Linux (presumably steam deck) but you basically want to make a new merged mod that contains JUST the merged changes from both mods to fontconfig.txt.

Just linux on the desktop.

Arivia posted:

you basically want to make a new merged mod that contains JUST the merged changes from both mods to fontconfig.txt.

Isn't this what Wrye Bash does well? I'm reading that people use it to merge things like leveled lists, which sounds way more complicated than this...

Thanks for explaining btw. I'm pushing back because I don't understand, not because I think I'm right. :v:

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

Got it, thanks a lot!

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

Migrated from ELFX to Lux Via + Lux + Lux Orbis. It's insanely bright. Like, looking at a road, most of it is solid white and I can barely make out shapes in the stones. That's not what the screenshots look like. Is it because I don't have an ENB? Do ENBs usually darken everything and so the lighting system has to compensate if you have one?

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

Tankbuster posted:

did you install the ENB lights? Its part of lux via.

I thought I shouldn't install more lights, because it's already so bright. So... no, I didn't. Was that all I had to do?

ThaumPenguin posted:

This should help, though if you're switching lighting mods mid-playthrough you might have a deeper problem.

Right, okay, thank you for pointing that out. :S

v1ld posted:

Berserkyr's install is complex, since it is built on top of another ENB itself.

That looks really cool. I'm almost burned out from my current modding frenzy so complex is a no-no, but I will bookmark this for the next one.

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

What's the best mod currently for "equip the best arrows/bolts not the worst, and unequip arrows/bolts when unequipping a bow/crossbow"?

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

I couldn't find a digestible top-to-bottom "How to install ENB for beginners guide" so I asked ChatGPT. Can anyone sanity check this and make sure it's not a hallucination? I'm just trying to get off the ground with ENB for the first time :v:

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

Cool, that's pretty much what the chatbot said, thanks

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

Splorange posted:

(Just an fyi, Boris will sooner or later have some kind of meltdown and inject something nasty into the project)

Uhh, can you say more? Am I giving this guy access to my system or something? It doesn't update itself right?

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

Reddit thread I found discussing this asshat.

Okay, thanks for the warning. I'm comfortable doing a :rolleyes: if it's just some deranged bullshit I have to click past or whatever.

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

code:
$ neofetch
                   -`                    ryan@typhon
                  .o+`
                 `ooo/                   OS: Arch Linux
                `+oooo:                  Model: MS-7C56 3.0
               `+oooooo:                 Kernel: 6.7.0-zen3-1-zen
               -+oooooo+:                Uptime: 3 days, 18 hours, 10 mins
             `/:-:++oooo+:               Shell: xonsh 0.14.1
            `/++++/+++++++:              Resolution: 1920x1080
           `/++++++++++++++:             WM: sway
          `/+++ooooooooooooo/`           CPU: Ryzen 7 5800X3D (8) @ 3.4GHz [44.5°C]
         ./ooosssso++osssssso+`          GPU: ATI Radeon RX 6600/6600 XT/6600M
        .oossssso-````/ossssss+`         Memory: 15.74GiB / 62.72GiB (25%)
       -osssssso.      :ssssssso.        Disk (/): 1.7T / 1.8T (96%)
      :osssssss/        osssso+++.
     /ossssssss/        +ssssooo/-
   `/ossssso+/:-        -:/+osssso+-
  `+sso+:-`                 `.-/+oso:
 `++:.                           `-/+/
 .`                                 `/

Place your bets, I'm going in

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

Why? Because poo poo GPU?

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

Yeah I'm using Alternate Start.

Anyway, the guess was wrong; I didn't even get to the main menu, let alone the wagon ride. Instead I got a big black window from a process not consuming any CPU.

Here's what I did:

1. Added ENB dlls
2. Added Weather is Sacred preset
3. Started SKSE via MO2 as before
4. Looked at a black screen for 5 or 6 minutes before giving up

No steam overlay, mangohud, discord overlay or anything of such is enabled.

Is this a known issue, or anything obvious I can check to troubleshoot it?

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

Air Skwirl posted:

don't ask chat GPT for modding advice, or any advice at all.

Ordinarily I wouldn't but I was in a desperate situation. I really don't want to infect this thread with AI wankery though. Can you offer any advice on what I should do instead of what it said I should do?

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

v1ld posted:

You should add the ENB dll name to WINEDLLOVERRIDES. I was running an ENB on the Deck, no reason it won't work on Arch for you.

Good call, I got this in:

code:
$ echo $WINEDLLOVERRIDES
winemenubuilder.exe=d;d3d11.dll=n,b;d3dcompiler_46e.dll=n,b
No improvement though :(

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

When upping the difficulty I'm now being told I have to sleep and eat or get my stats penalized. What's with that? I said I don't want survival mode or whatever. Can I disable this? I just want the enemies to not be made from paper mache...

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

It's unchecked

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

Eric the Mauve posted:

I've had the same problem since the AE patch--changing the difficulty locks me into Survival Mode, unchangeably, even if I have it turned off in settings. I couldn't find any useful info about it from googling and thought it was just me.

Glad to know I'm not alone. The only thing I can do to turn off Survival mechanics is revert to novice difficulty level. I'll post back here if I figure anything out.

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

Eric the Mauve posted:

The only known workaround seems to be what Zingley posted: if you edit the difficulty in the .ini file it will stick.

I guess it's a SkyUI bug rather than a game bug, technically?

Oh I missed that post, thanks for pointing it out. I'm going to try this fix now and report back!

Edit: IT WORKS!!!

celestial teapot fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jan 25, 2024

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

Anybody know of a mod for SkyrimSE that will make my followers stop bumping into me and saying "huh?" after every.single.door.transition?

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

I do a lot of enchanting and I use alchemy to buff my enchanting. It bugs me that so many un-craftable items have enchantments that are much weaker than what I could do myself. Therefore I am looking at mods that make everything craftable.

Boy there is a lot of choice here. A mod for craftable circlets, craftable nightengale armor, craftable soul gems (no thanks), craftable vampire armor, craftable faction armor sets (does this include the nightengale armor? probably?)... it goes on and on.

Is there a one-stop shop mod to make everything craftable in 2024? Bonus points for making me do the quest first, but that's just nice to have...

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

dude this mod is loving awesome https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/84265

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

It's hilarious and immensely useful at the same time, 11/10

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

Hey can anyone tell me how to troubleshoot this pls?

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

The answer was More Informative Console and drill down on the textures to find the load order problem that was giving me broken meshes.

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

Alright which one of you animals made this mod? Immersive Fat Idiot Son

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

I just wanted to make a video to show how pretty and soothing these weathers are. drat reavers :argh:

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

Caphi posted:

Does anyone still care about fourth party ENB extensions now that Community Shaders has parallax, dynamic cubemaps, and subsurface scattering?

This is a bit of a holy war in the skyrim modding community right now.

Myself, I have not used ENB (too much trouble getting it to play nice with my video card drivers on linux). But CS works fine, and therefore I have lost interest in getting ENB working.

I would like to hear neutral perspectives from reasonable people who have used both, because I can't see much difference between what I see in my game vs screenshots of ENB. But there's so much horseshit drama involved, if I go into a discord and ask about this it just turns into a slap fight.

BigRoman posted:

don't use vortex.

This is what you just learned. Wait for nexusmods' new thing to ship. Until then it's wabbajack and MO2. Maybe after it ships too, but we'll see...

celestial teapot fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Mar 17, 2024

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

Midnight Voyager posted:

The real difference is the ENB guy is a nutjob right winger who's super homophobic and will even put insane screeds in his mod screens while shaders cache. It's also super closed permissions, but most of the drama is just "gently caress Boris."
Yeah, but I mean, that's everything about the situation that I don't care about. What I want to know is, what is the difference to me? Like how it is when we usually compare mods and stuff

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

I made a greasemonkey script that adds the percentage of downloaders who endorsed the mod. Not ideal since download stats aren't unique (I think?) but I'm working on that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

celestial teapot
Sep 9, 2003

Staltran posted:

You can endorse directly from MO2, which might mitigate that a bit. Still probably not a lot of people scrolling through their 900 mod wabbajack list and endorsing them, though.

Yeah I endorse from MO2 once I decide I like the mod and it works well.

I figure that endorsement : downloads ratio isn't exactly a perfect signal, but either one by itself is arguably more misleading so why not have this too?