Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

In the grim darkness of the future there is only Oakley.

Apacii Hair or whatever had around 50 hairstyles for dudes.

48 or 49 look like they're out of the shittiest anime ever but there are two or three that are pretty good.

I should download that Vanilla replaced because that looks pretty great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

You need to point MO to that Data folder being the data folder for the mod.

If memory serves just drag that "Data" folder to the "<data>" folder indicator for MO just above it.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

If SPERG or a suitable replacement is ported to the Skyrim: SE I'll hop over. But honestly the vanilla melee/armour perks are boring. Whenever people praise perk alternatives, apart from SPERG, it always seems to be the mage and thief trees. The warrior tree is always "eh it's better but not much."

SPERG is honestly the mod I view as most essential for my enjoyment of Skyrim. Yeah armour and weapons that look relatively normal instead of goofy RPG bullshit (past steel) is nice (thinking Immersive Armour and Weapons). But with SPERG I can be this crazy heavy armour dude with tons of sweet melee abilities. Overpowered or not SPERG's the most fun part of the game for me.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Dawnguard sucked and basically forced me to do it in order to stop having to console rez NPCs that were functionally useful from loving vampire attacks.

Seriously it's poo poo DLC.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Only time vampires have been pretty neat is the Interview with the Vampire and Lost Boys.

Dawnguard felt like it was going for Interview with the Vampire side, if you go with the Dawnguard. But if you side with the vampires they not fun like Lost Boys. They're just a bunch of crazy loving weirdos that you wouldn't want anything to do with.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Wildtortilla posted:

Don't forget about What We Do In The Shadows. I want a Skyrim mod that adds Peter to the game.

Excellent point. I do prefer eating unfucked sandwiches.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Welp I finally beat Skyrim. Finished the main quest, finished Dawnguard, furnished all three Hearthfire homes (including one where I got all materials myself) and I demolished Maraak in Dragonborn. Finished Companions, Winterhold and Thieves Guild and sided with Ulfric because gently caress the Empire.

Dragonborn is pretty great but those twisted book reality levels kind of suck. Dawnguard is boring all around and genuinely loving sucks with those vampire attacks. Also gently caress all Dwemer ruins.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Skyrim feels like basically the 2016 election and I'm ashamed to say I sided with Ulfric Trumpcloak because holy poo poo gently caress the Thalmor.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Been ages since I played Skyrim and will have some free time coming up and want to give it ago.

SSE is out now but I see that SKSE still isn't updated for the 64-bit app. Curious to know if there's any sort of time frame or if there's MODDING DRAMA or whatever. A lot of my normal Skyrim enjoyment came from SKSE dependant mods.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

chairface posted:

That is the one major thing I take out of modpacks as well. It's just not skyrim if I can't stealth-arrow someone and fling them over a house as a result.

I like the semi-real rag doll they have for that mod. You'll still fire someone back but not like 30' if it bugs out (maybe just 15').

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

How is the SE of Skyrim now? I know SKSE wasn't updated to work with it now but it's been ages. If memory serves I used SPERG and some combat mods that used the SKSE UI at the very least.

I'd like the increased stability that comes with SE, as that seems to be a general serious plus from moving to it over standard.

How is the ENB, or is there something different in its place?

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

the yeti posted:

I’m digging immersive armors but I’ve held off on immersive weapons because 1) I think the op says it’s not quite as good? And 2) I feel like I had trouble with it last time.

Is it still the go-to for adding some variance to the dagger-1h/2h-sword-axe-mace spread? I don’t necessarily want better stuff so much as some well executed variety in models.

Some are good, some are terrible. Honestly I only really notice the bad ones when my character is holding them rather than enemies though. So I just don't craft the uggo ones for myself.

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

I've got a hankering for playing Skyrim again, beat it ages ago and now I got a free copy of the special edition. Loaded up a bunch of converted mods.

However it seems like SPREG has been ported but not updated at all. I play melee and ranged almost exclusively, with no magic beyond smithing. SPERG really made those things pretty sweet.

Is there another mod that's come in that would be worth taking a lot at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctor 7
Oct 10, 2003

Berke Negri posted:

i only play skyrim unmodded

oh, oh my god

oh god I think I'm going to be sick