Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

At this point I'm waiting for the remastered 64 bit version in October before I get sucked in again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

is NMM the best choice at the moment for the special edition mods? I had issues with mod organizer 2 unless they've updated it.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Rinkles posted:

Most of you playing SSE are doing so to try it out, because that's the only version you have, because the performance gains are real?

SSE runs so much better.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

What are some good gimmick builds?

I tried vampire mage and it was ok, but the maintenance for vampirism is obnoxious even with the better vampires mod.

Being a Mage is hilariously broken, though.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

KakerMix posted:

Was looking for a mod for SSE that will enchant things for me, either NPC or a box or whatever because why in the gently caress does the College specifically cite they make their money providing enchanting services and yet don't actually do it? Hit a roadblock though because all the ones for Oldrim require SKSE and the only 'thing' I've found that mentions it for SSE is this loving guy and I don't want a nuclear red romanceable skeleton to electrify my sword if you catch my drift

You sure?

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Is morrowloot ultimate good for sse ? I've never playedw ith morrowloot at all and I have bunches of extra armors so idk how it would play anyway?

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Wintersun and going for Sheogorath makes for some weird poo poo.

I recommend doing a pure mage khajiit + speak mod, and then doing Sheogorath as your deity.

And the Imperious racial speed + enchantments and other weirdness, my Khajiit guy is just flying across the landscape like Sonic.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

So with Wintersun and Khajiit + the Rh... whatever Khajiit deity, it gives extra gold in containers... so you use the Auto Harvest mod to grab it all up as you wander.

I had 10k gold before I got to Whiterun at level 7.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Eric the Mauve posted:

Yeah, you can actually make a .txt file with all the console commands to give yourself the words and souls you want and skip to the next stage in the main quest... y'know what, gently caress it. Here you go:

code:
player.teachword 13f39
player.teachword 2f7be
player.modav DragonSouls 2
setstage mq105 140
Paste that into a .txt file, call it skiptraining.txt (or whatever) and put it in your Skyrim\Data folder. As soon as The Way of the Voice starts, run
code:
bat skiptraining
in the console. Now when you arrive at High Hrothgar all you have to do is head to the courtyard and talk to Arngeir who will give the end of his spiel and send you off to Ustengrav. You'll have to go into the usual menu to use dragon souls to learn the shouts.

(Haven't tested this yet but unless I hosed up any of the values I'm 97% sure it will work. Make a fresh save first of course.)

For anyone else who happens up on this, this bugs the quest after, Wulfgar and friends wont' teach you the 3rd part of Unrelenting Force.

I haven't found any commands to get around it, either.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Has anyone played/tried the Sands of Time mod/mods?

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/3093?tab=posts

I started a new game with it, tons of spawns that seem more interesting but not sure if its better so far. The variety is nice, but a chest mimic in Bleak Falls was also pretty weird.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

I'm just wondering what it breaks at this point, as it seems like the type of mod that overreaches its scope randomly and you'll never know.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Some mod or another is crashing SSE on me. Is there a crash log or something I can enable? Google searching is unclear for the best way to figure this out.

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Wintersun -> Mehrunes Dagon worship -> Khajiit vampire -> explosions everywhere.

And if you have summermyst and claws armor. Things automatically die around you just by being present. Everything is on fire and exploding 24/7.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylink
Apr 17, 2004

Wintersun is the mod, one of Enai's, the guy who made Ordinator, bunch of others you should probably use.

I guess I'm saying doing a running power one-handed attack which spellscribes a fireball into the target, who dies instantly, which triggers a larger fireball, that kills the other dudes around you, setting off more fireballs, is a good time.

Sylink fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Jun 20, 2019