Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

GunnerJ posted:

I'm honestly blown away by the fact that three different people (one of whom had to bow out before I posted the thread) offered to make these headers and I feel super bad now because it's like I'm rejecting or discarding someone's effort either way. Sorry. :(

Geocities that poo poo up and make each post a different style!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Out of curiosity what program are you guys using? If you're just using Photoshop you might actually have better luck in Illustrator.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

ThaumPenguin posted:

I've been using GIMP, thanks for the suggestion.

e: ah, it costs money

lots of money

Yeah. :( Adobe and all that. Unfortunately I can't think of any other program that might be good for that sort of deal. If no one's managed anything by tomorrow, I can see what I can do in Illustrator.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Hey GunnerJ I just noticed this spelling error in the Loot section.

quote:

Common Clothes: Enhances the look of ordinary plain clothes for ordinary, plain, Talod-fearin' folk.

v: You know it.

Transmogrifier fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Aug 25, 2016

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Section Z posted:

Note to self, try and work out how to find a Dragon so I can kick off the main plot, since I restarted with Skyrim Unbound.

If you can't find a dragon you can force it to spawn by tweaking the settings in Skyrim Unbound for what causes them to spawn.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Just want to echo the statements about Noble Skyrim. It is incredibly nice, and I actually noticed the texture changes versus a number of other mods. It's an incredibly beautiful game to look at now.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Max Wilco posted:

I just wanted to make sure. Thank you.

Out of curiosity, does there exist a mod that adds fences to the cities so you can sell stolen items to without having to deal with the Thieves' Guild quest in Riften?

If you're using SPERG, there's a perk in either the Lockpicking or Pickpocket tree that will provide a fence in each city that you can pay to "clean" your items so you can sell them like normal. If I remember correctly it's not very far up the tree either.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Midig posted:

I have wanted to try it, but i have heard it does not work for DLC content which ruins it for me. I want to use it across all characters to get less hassle and i want it to be refreshing across the board.

I use it alongside some of AMidian's textures and then I grabbed these textures for Dawnguard and Dragonborn creatures, at least.

Transmogrifier fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Sep 15, 2016

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy
Looks like someone uploaded a version 2 of Realistic Needs and Diseases.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

bloodclot posted:

To follow up on my earlier post about an incompatibility between JK's Windhelm and USLEEP v3.05 and above, a hotfix has since been released by the co-author of JK's Skyrim. It only replaces a single mesh, but seems to work well enough.

Thanks for the follow up posts about this. :)

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Raygereio posted:

This is in essence not a bad mod though? It's not a forced update of a bigger mod. And they're placed in remote areas as something neat for the player to stumble upon.
The only problem I see is with the quality. The textures look kinda lovely in those screenshots.

Yeah it's pretty terrible. It stands out too much and the anti-aliasing is way sharp.

For the OP: you may want to remove Localized Thief Jobs from the list. I was checking on it yesterday and there's been more complaints than compliments in its comments about it ruining players' games and making them unable to progress in the Thieves' Guild questline (personally I've never even been able to get it to work). Another user suggested an alternative: Taking Care of Business, which offers some alternate methods to also handling the quests in the Thieves Guild so you don't burn the bridges with certain NPCs while also allowing you to take all radiant jobs and dictate where you're going to do city jobs like LTJ. It's meant to work in tandem with Thieves Guild Requirements (though it has a version for those who don't use it). I just installed it myself so I can't say whether or not it's A+ but it seems to be a better option than LTJ.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Gyre posted:

So I ran into a real problem with Localized Thieves Guild Jobs. It turns out having USLEEP breaks it, and even disabling the mod will make it so that Delvin doesn't give special quests.

The advice given in the thread on the nexus is reload USLEEP while the game is running after removing the mod, but how do I do this? I'm using MO btw.

EDIT: Googled how to do it myself. Looks like everything's fixed, but IMO Localized Thieves Jobs should be taken off the OP list so people don't have the same problem.

Yeah I posted about this already and suggested people use Taking Care of Business as an alternative. It allows you to do the things that Localized Thieves Guild Job does while offering alternative ways to do parts of the Thieves Guild questline without burning bridges with certain NPCs.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

BurritoJustice posted:

Does anyone have any opinions on JK's Skyrim? I have kept my install purely graphics/interface/QoL/sound etc, and I am considering deviating from that for JK's Skyrim because the screenshots look nice and it is very popular. Does it mesh well and not feel out of place?

I fear it will push me off the cliff of getting open cities and having to make compatibility patches for my whole load order too 😅

I really like it myself. A lot of the changes are sorely needed (like smelters in Riften) and it gives the cities more life.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Agents are GO! posted:

I think we're all just waiting for SKSE64. :f5:

This and Last Seed alpha for classic. :f5h:

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I love the pigeons mod. Between their idiotic noises and my mods that add ambient drunk lunatics and make it grey and rainy all the time, Skyrim has never felt so much like home (scotland)

What mod are you using for the constant grey and rain?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Randaconda posted:

is it supposed to be Serana? Isn't that the elder scroll peeking out? :randno:

Oh my god I think you're right. :gonk: