Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid

Ilor posted:

Counterpoint: shaving your ballsack with a cheese-grater can improve your pain tolerance.

Fun fact: if you do it repeatedly, it'll actually get more painful

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Injuryprone posted:

Kill Team it is, thanks all.

Because Nurgle is cool.

Atlas Hugged posted:

Nothing stopping you from doing a Nurgle themed Plague force.

Plague faction starter for £25/$40, big guys at the top are restic, troops at the bottom are all recent to brand new hard plastic sprues

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

NTRabbit posted:

Plague faction starter for £25/$40, big guys at the top are restic, troops at the bottom are all recent to brand new hard plastic sprues

These guys remind me of the aliens from the Area 51 arcade game :3:

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

How anyone resists the urge to paint those guys up as DOOM enemies, I have no idea

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

WELP

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2016/12/seen-pics-of-plastic-sisters.html

Maybe that Bretonnian's ghost will be able to rest.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
those Seraphim look pretty cool

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

The new female Inquisitor looks a lot better than the old one too.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Stop.

Atlas Hugged
Mar 12, 2007

Put your arms around me,
fiddly digits, itchy britches
I love you all

Radish posted:

WELP

Not rank and file what's the point.

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Zaphod42 posted:

These guys remind me of the aliens from the Area 51 arcade game :3:

And the guys in the top row look like they're having a great time :3:

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

That bolter with a crossbow strapped to the top is 40k as gently caress.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Reminder: GW is bad, do not give GW money. Some GW models are actually Good, but GW is Bad. This means that you should not Give GW Money. You can get Good models elsewhere from companies that are not, in fact, Bad.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

I just had a little anxiety attack just thinking about trying to paint that mechanicus dude, jesus loving christ, let's cool it on the superfluous details.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

that sounds normal

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Radish posted:

WELP

Yeah, as if the original Seraphim weren't a total bitch to keep standing on the table.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Oh yeah those models look terrible to actually play a game with.

Geisladisk posted:

That bolter with a crossbow strapped to the top is 40k as gently caress.

They had that dumb thing before but I'm not sure if it was represented on a model.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Radish posted:

WELP

HI! I HEARD YOU LIKE BUSY MODELS SO I PUT GRIBBLEYS AND SPIKES EVERYWHERE!

NOIIIIIIISE!

(the sisters look better, but still victims of GWs recent "put everything on tall spindly flying supports" decease)

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

:siren: !!! DO NOT GIVE GW MONEY !!! :siren:

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
im seeing rouge-wan tonight and this is me right now

http://i.imgur.com/uyn09Xe.mp4

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

It would be amazingly GW if they released plastic Seraphim and not normal sisters.

A few years ago I would have gone bananas for plastic sisters, but now it has been so long and I am so worn down that I can barely care. All I have to do is look at the single complete army I ever actually assembled, painted, and got 100% finished, and all motive force drains out of me (its Lizardmen; to be fair I have probably painted as many Eldar but they're just a add mismatch of whatever I liked at the moment).

I can't really tell from that picture, did they actually take the female inquisitor and add combat heels?

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Those scroll-stand things that are holding up the seraphim look like they will snap the first time someone thinks hard around them

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Radish posted:

yeah those models look terrible

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Moola posted:

im seeing rouge-wan tonight and this is me right now

http://i.imgur.com/uyn09Xe.mp4

I wanted to see it this week with friends, but I have to wait until the week after Xmas because we can't all get off work at the same time, and everyone is working right up until Thursday, which means this is me

Also before I checked out of the thread to avoid spoilers, I read there were a bunch of background references to Rebels to quietly link it all together :3:

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 16:10 on Dec 20, 2016

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

MikeCrotch posted:

Those scroll-stand things that are holding up the seraphim look like they will snap the first time someone thinks hard around them

Well in that case, they ought to be pretty safe around the Warhammer store!

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015
"Fall of Cadia" is such a spoilerriffic title.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Doresh posted:

"Fall of Cadia" is such a spoilerriffic title.

Abbadon actually wins it this time and is more surprised than anyone.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

NTRabbit posted:

I wanted to see it this week with friends, but I have to wait until the week after Xmas because we can't all get off work at the same time, and everyone is working right up until Thursday, which means this is me

Also before I checked out of the thread to avoid spoilers, I read there were a bunch of background references to Rebels to quietly link it all together :3:

Oh sweet!

http://i.imgur.com/zfXz6rB.mp4

Springfield Fatts
May 24, 2010
Pillbug

Radish posted:

Abbadon actually wins it this time and is more surprised than anyone.

Then you get to see the crushing look of despair take him as he leaves high level cabinet meetings and realizes just what is involved in running Cadia.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Make cAdia Great Again.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

In a twist, 'The Fall of Cadia' is actually about celebrating the beautiful autumn on the planet, as the Cadian Maple has a particularly vibrant foliage. Species from all over the galaxy congregate peacefully for the simple joy of apple-picking, hay rides, and Pumpkin Squig Lattes. Abaddon sits on a hay bale, remembering the time Horus stole his peach pie, and sheds a single tier.

We're getting new Seraphim because jump troops are exceptionally useful in collecting apples from the higher branches; the Orks just go through the reachable stuff in no time.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

That would be amazing.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan
Finally getting plastics is cool, I guess, but what sisters need is actual rules. And different models for the ground sisters sub-types (retributor, celestian, dominion, etc) that all share a model pool, not fancy new seraphim wtf.

But mostly rules - not even good rules! Just up-to-loving-date-for-once. Give me something to actually let me use the army I already have and 10 games later I might consider giving GW money.

But I forgot, this skepticism is what's killing The Hobby and I should pre-order blindly and worry about forging my new narrative of being tabled on turn one later.

Doresh
Jan 7, 2015

Springfield Fatts posted:

Then you get to see the crushing look of despair take him as he leaves high level cabinet meetings and realizes just what is involved in running Cadia.

The only reason the planetary defense forces lost was because they were too busy keeping the local wildlife in check. It was less of a "fall" and more of a "tactical retreat to take a break from Cadia and watch how those Chaos sissies get roflstomped by nuke frogs."

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Giant Isopod posted:

But I forgot, this skepticism is what's killing The Hobby and I should pre-order blindly and worry about forging my new narrative of being tabled on turn one later.

Is this a thing people say?

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Not a viking posted:

Fun fact: if you do it repeatedly, it'll actually get more painful

This sounds suspiciously similar to what happens when you give GW money.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Moola posted:

GW can't fail, it can only be failed, kameraden

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

NTRabbit posted:

The poses for those big guys at the top are really bad. Yeah we got three poses; doing opera on a balcony, hunched over looking at their own broken elbow, and trying to frighten away a bear.

spectralent
Oct 1, 2014

Me and the boys poppin' down to the shops

Moola posted:

Yeah a lot of people attribute the fact #Thing is failing to the fact not enough people believe in/support #thing. It's the same kind of thing where people bringing up problems are blamed for creating that problem, instead of just noticing it exists.

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Moola posted:

I played TK in fantasy and sisters in 40k and I was near constantly told that people like me who don't buy enough was why the armies were failing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Guy Goodbody posted:

The poses for those big guys at the top are really bad. Yeah we got three poses; doing opera on a balcony, hunched over looking at their own broken elbow, and trying to frighten away a bear.

actually they're really good. the crouching one is in a particularly serious game of checkers and the other two are his hype men

• Locked thread