Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iamthehans
May 1, 2012
I have more Pontiacs then i have the sense to stop bringing them home.
a few notes
Pontiac only really made one block everything from 326-455 is the same "size" they didn't have a big block or a small block
lemans gto and tempest are all the same car with different trim.
they share a lot with olds and buick. you can find universal trannies that will fit all 3 motors and some of the front end parts are interchangeable (BOP turbo 350)
disc brake wise as long as it didn't come form a 68 car ( awful 2 part rotors and dual piston calipers) it should be fine. its a good chance it came from the factory with front disc in 72

if you want to stick with the motor thats in it post the casting numbers and i can look in my books to get an idea of what it is. all 400/455 motors have it stamped on the block and its very obvious(side of the block in between freeze plus and oil pan in big numbers)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iamthehans
May 1, 2012

Z3n posted:

Thanks for all this - very useful as well. I knew I'd be able to count on you guys to accelerate the hell out of my learning curve on swapping from bikes to cars :)

Thanks - will definitey lean on these resources once I've got things to that point :)

It's sort of amazing how true this is.

I'm on the other side of the country but on the off chance you get stuck finding parts for the car let me know i horde pontiac parts. I'm more of a 60's guy but I do have 70's front ends and some odd's and ends

• Locked thread