Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
I'm tempted to try and snag front row for the Auckland show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

abraham linksys posted:

mmm when I look at the rosters, I feel like the needs of the rosters aren't really met by what NXT has. Both shows could use more women, but I don't think there's anyone ready unless they just decide to elevate random house show/undercard people like they did Braun.

There's plenty of NXT undercard mainstays they could bring up as jobbers, but they don't have a need for more jobbers. Maybe they send Rich Swann up quick to fill up the Cruiserweight division?

Rich Swann was advertised during RAM, he doesn't count. Or maybe he does and the answer was just really easy. Or maybe Rovert is hinting at a callup coming before September 19th.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I wasn't hinting at anything to be honest. Swann overlaps between NXT and CWC that's all.

I really don't know much about the Cruiserweight division. Whether those in the Division will go on the road full time with WWE or will they work NXT also is a big question to me. Will some still work the indies. Will Ibushi do Japan dates and Raw.

Noam Dar going to Raw directly seems like a bad idea. He needs more time to acclimate to WWE and there's practical matters like needing to learn how to drive in the US.

Muddy Burphy
Dec 4, 2010

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frogc00l:

he knows...

rovert posted:

I really don't know much about the Cruiserweight division. Whether those in the Division will go on the road full time with WWE or will they work NXT also is a big question to me. Will some still work the indies. Will Ibushi do Japan dates and Raw.

Didn't Triple H say that the cruiserweights would be on RAW TV but tour with NXT? Or are you referring to NXT TV?

I'm sure all this will change weekly.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

rovert posted:

Noam Dar going to Raw directly seems like a bad idea. He needs more time to acclimate to WWE and there's practical matters like needing to learn how to drive in the US.
As much as I love the idea of NXT being American Driving School, getting a license in Florida is pretty much just a matter of reading the state driving manual. If you can pass a practical test in pretty much any other country, you'll have no trouble at all passing in Florida.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Endless Mike posted:

As much as I love the idea of NXT being American Driving School, getting a license in Florida is pretty much just a matter of reading the state driving manual. If you can pass a practical test in pretty much any other country, you'll have no trouble at all passing in Florida.

Drew Galloway got it immediately yeah.

AMReese
Jan 31, 2011

I'm driving with my mind!
Not like Noam Dar can't just hitch a ride with someone else until he learns how it works, either. Just ask questions and whatnot.

It's not the first time he's been in the US, either. He did a few matches here for TNA, after all.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
that takeover tag-team title match was so good the crowd got angry over the ref missing a tag from the babyfaces.

also adelaide missing out on nxt sucks.

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

AMReese posted:

Not like Noam Dar can't just hitch a ride with someone else until he learns how it works, either. Just ask questions and whatnot.

It's not the first time he's been in the US, either. He did a few matches here for TNA, after all.

also this tweet kinda implies he can drive in the US already

https://twitter.com/NoamDar/status/767549958539149312

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Is tonight just a clip show like after Dallas? I could do with skipping it to reduce my wrestling intake a little bit before the CWC.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

IcePhoenix posted:

Is tonight just a clip show like after Dallas? I could do with skipping it to reduce my wrestling intake a little bit before the CWC.

I believe it has TM61 vs The Authors of Pain and Tye Dillinger vs one of Blake & Murphy (the less-good one, which I think is Blake?) which were taped before Takeover, so still at the Barclays Centre, but otherwise probably a lot of video packages, and maybe a backstage promo or two, possibly reusing stuff from WWE.com, so possibly skippable.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
If the next taping isn't until September 15th, what are we getting until then?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ThePariah posted:

If the next taping isn't until September 15th, what are we getting until then?

there are tapings tomorrow

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
NXT tapes tomorrow, CWC quarter-finals the day after, to be specific.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
oh, I was going off nxttickets.com when I said the thing about next taping; they must have taken the taping off the list already. my bad!

LeninsTomb
Aug 27, 2002
Has anyone seen presale codes for the VA/MD shows?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

here are my guesses:

NXT
NXTLIVE
NXTVA
NXTMD
NXTSOCIAL

if it's not one of those, i'm stumped

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I think WWENXT is one as well sometimes

NXTLIVE is the one that worked for me when I bought them for St. Paul (which you still need to fix mr. linksys)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

lol commentary kayfabe talking about how they had a wild night in brooklyn before the preshow matches

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Boy, these guys really wanna see Tim.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Blake your music is bad

And everything else is bad too

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

There's no way Blake or Murphy survive the next round of cuts, right?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

this is probably the hottest opening match a WWE PPV event has ever had

push tye to the moon

Delsaber posted:

There's no way Blake or Murphy survive the next round of cuts, right?

didn't one of them get a dwi a while ago

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

So speaking as someone who doesn't usually watch weekly NXT - since you can watch TakeOver on the Network and on Hulu, who exactly needs these recaps?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

nxt has tv contracts in other countries iirc

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

SomeMathGuy posted:

So speaking as someone who doesn't usually watch weekly NXT - since you can watch TakeOver on the Network and on Hulu, who exactly needs these recaps?

the wrestlers, who do not want to do another round of taping two days after a massive event, and the production team, who do not want to edit together an episode in 24 hours

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

abraham linksys posted:

the wrestlers, who do not want to do another round of taping two days after a massive event, and the production team, who do not want to edit together an episode in 24 hours

That does make sense, and I guess just putting more dark matches on the TakeOver card to try and fill the episode would run the risk of exhausting the live crowd.

Super No Vacancy posted:

nxt has tv contracts in other countries iirc

Huh. Did not know that.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

SomeMathGuy posted:

That does make sense, and I guess just putting more dark matches on the TakeOver card to try and fill the episode would run the risk of exhausting the live crowd.

they don't have a big enough TV-ready roster for this, I think. they pit jobbers v jobbers if they wanted but then it'd look and sound like an empty arena match and that doesn't help anyone :v:

I also love all the promos/interviews on this so I can deal with the recaps

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So when did this taping take place?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

VJeff posted:

So when did this taping take place?

before the show

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I do quite appreciate that the booking of that match was "Bayley spent tons of time scouting the Asuka Lock, successfully broke it, unfortunately didn't scout getting kicked in the face really loving hard."

abraham linksys posted:

before the show

Huh.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

drat that bayley recap made me tear up hard

nice that she got a formal sendoff there with them talking about her call-up though. and good on them for clearly establishing ember moon as a face there

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

I hate to do this to you VJeff but...the announcers lied to you, this wasn't filmed after Takeover at all

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

VJeff posted:

I do quite appreciate that the booking of that match was "Bayley spent tons of time scouting the Asuka Lock, successfully broke it, unfortunately didn't scout getting kicked in the face really loving hard."

Yeah, I thought it was a good followup to the previous two TakeOvers. She's cognizant of the move that took her down in Dallas, but failed to take into consideration what destroyed Nia Jax at The End. Meanwhile Asuka gets to look like a multi-threat in the ring.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

welp the revival just called out 3 Smackdown teams so they're the 8th team in the Smackdown Tag Title tournament

loving RIP Heath Slater

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
That violin was the coolest poo poo ever

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Although Blake and Murphy look absolutely nothing alike I don't know if I'll ever be able to tell them apart from one another

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SomeMathGuy posted:

Yeah, I thought it was a good followup to the previous two TakeOvers. She's cognizant of the move that took her down in Dallas, but failed to take into consideration what destroyed Nia Jax at The End. Meanwhile Asuka gets to look like a multi-threat in the ring.

It just does such a good job getting Asuka over. She doesn't even have a "finisher" in the traditional sense. Who the hell expects "two kicks" to be enough to score a pinfall for anybody except HBK.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

abraham linksys posted:

welp the revival just called out 3 Smackdown teams so they're the 8th team in the Smackdown Tag Title tournament

loving RIP Heath Slater

But... but what about Heath's 37,568 children and their above-ground pool? :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Revival might be the best team on this planet, but maybe there's undiscovered tag teams on Proxima B.

• Locked thread