Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

Roddy should be a heel though, he's much better at that

It doesn't feel right if I'm not flipping Roddy off and calling him a piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Finally coming to LA. How much do the nxt tickets usually go for?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
TM61 looked great in their match. Their strikes are so stiff. I want them to get a big angle going already. I did find it interesting that Nese was doing most of the work on the other side though.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Honestly I think TM61 should go heel. I think they would do a great job as an arrogant tag team.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Basic Chunnel posted:

What does TM61 mean anyway

I think it has something to do with where they are from in Australia. Like it's their zip code or area code or something.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I do

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Grozz Nuy posted:

All I know is, if they don't fast-track Tommy End onto NXT TV and Takeover cards they're loving up. I want to watch him kick Austin Aries' dipshit truther face in.

Agreed. I want to see more spinning knees to the head. The cool thing about Tommy End too is that he is legit a scary looking dude. He is tall as hell and tatted up.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Baron Corbyn posted:

He's billed at 5'11" so I don't see him standing out as much once he reaches WWE.

I dunno he has an intimidating look. And it makes him seem bigger than he might be.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Spermgod posted:

it offends me that a guy w/ Tommy End's look and apparently a legit kickboxing background throws so many thigh-slapping kicks and does moonsaults and poo poo tbh

His moonsault is loving gorgeous though. And his jumping knees are the most brutal thing I have seen in forever.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

MrBling posted:

Also, I just kinda owned myself.

I read about the Eddie Kingston tryout and caught myself thinking "man, Eddie Kingston has to be so old and busted up by now, what does WWE want with him?" and then I realised he's literally only 3 days older than me.

I also haven't seen Eddie wrestle since whatever he did in Chikara in like 2010 but he was pretty drat broken down back then.

I could see them signing him as a dude to give promo classes or something. Maybe do a light schedule on NXT. I don't know how he would do full time.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I'm so happy that tough enough was worthless garbage. It wouldn't be tough enough if nothing happened with the winners.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Was this from that dude who dropped him on his head?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

gently caress yes.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Chris hero should be WWE champ in my actual opinion.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jerusalem posted:

This is true.

This is also true.

Anyway, now we've had two independent confirmations (by Grozz Nuy and The_Rob) that Chris Hero is coming back, I am very excited about Chris Hero coming back!

That's why they call us the nation of scoopnation.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

I don't think he looked terrified to have a microphone at all.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
He is but Roddy is cooler and better and stronger and faster.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Jenkem Delivery posted:

Are they going to led Roddy use The End of Heartache as his finisher?

I don't see why not. It looks cool and I don't think it's really particularly dangerous to do.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I hope tommy end gets to go full on with his satanism.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Tommy end looks less cool without a beard.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Why did no one talk about how there was a little Generation Next reunion last night.

I also like that roddy's theme song sounds like his theme song before the kill switch engage song he was using.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Close the thread.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

projecthalaxy posted:

what is generation next

ROH faction from like 2003/2004 that had Roderick Strong, Austin Aires, Jack Evans, Alex Shelly and Matt Sydal.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Vertigo Ambrosia posted:

That tag match sold me on Tucker/Otis, but it seemed like a really weird way to debut Roderick Strong; I guess NXT is still content to rely on "it's this guy!!!!!". I really hope he's a heel though; I'm not nearly as familiar with Roddy as most of you, but he seems like he'd be real good at condescending to everyone.

Billie and Peyton seems like the same mean girls schtick that women heels always get, but I did like the vicious beatdown.

Just let Roddy go in and chop motherfuckers really hard and he will get over.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

spongeh posted:

Main roster titantrons are just words now too. They've moved away from the showing moves type.

I mean there is really no need too. No one is really watching the videos and at this point they are there to push the aesthetic of the wrestler.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

AMReese posted:

I love Alexa Bliss (she's even one of my favorite women in WWE), but you cannot tell me that she was ready to go to the main roster after that match she had with Naomi. Plus, I feel she could have played off some of the personalities back in NXT.

their match on smackdown was way better and she improves every week.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Baby Babbeh posted:

Man, the last thing NXT needs is a massive loving stable. The talent pool already feels kind of thin without grouping a bunch of people together.

Not to mention that we will probably only see one guy in the ring for a few minutes every week. It's going to be so slow moving.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

AMReese posted:

There's more to being a main eventer than being a good worker, though. We've seen that way too many times, especially on the main roster with where the likes of Sami Zayn and Cesaro are.

That's a problem with raw and wwe booking. Not zayn and Cesaro.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

oatgan posted:

he needs to stay in nxt until he learns how to work

Pretty soon that's going to be the unironic opinion by half the people on this forum.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I like Nikki cross she is tiny and adorable and all she wants to do is fight everyone in the world and I support that fully.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

beggar posted:

Same but for EY

You know what I'm going to say it. Sanity is good.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
NXT is just a shorter Raw now. The talent is there and the matches are good but nothing happens for months.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

NXT fans are the worst.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I actually like Sanity. It's silly but it's that perfect piece of wrestling silliness. I wish their music had a harder edge to it though. I like the idea of making it sound disjointed but I feel like it's missing something.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

RacistGuidingLight posted:

intermittent fart noises.

I think that would def put it over the top for me. Wwe hire RGL.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Basic Chunnel posted:

AoP.... are good

I agree actually. They are young and green, but they move well and look easily teachable. I hope they do well.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Wwe shouldn't be expected to make sure that fans have fun at their shows.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

Basic Chunnel posted:

In this day and age it's not hard to imagine there are workers who can be over without actually being a draw in and of themselves (e.g. "Chant over"). The WWE doesn't want over dudes who don't draw, they want draws even if they're not over (see: workers kids love and older fans bellyache about)

The problem with this though is that while the hardcore fans have generally stayed with it. We are getting to a point where we are starting to see the older fans leave. There are a ton of other companies that are catering to the hardcore fan. Wwe just targeting kids and parents is great for the short term but usually those kids will be getting older and getting into something else.

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

achillesforever6 posted:

Tonight's main event has a great match with Roddy finally being Roddy in NXT

Hell yes. I'm so on board for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
I realized that Roddy didn't have his lovely little boots tonight and now I'm pissed.

• Locked thread