Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Still don't understand why Blake & Murphy are singles now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Cutler's music is the most CAW-rear end music possible.

edit: I stand corrected, we have a new winner.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Gulak is the most Russian-looking non-Russian ever

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
It's hard to believe now that once-upon-a-time Bobby Roode was just the lovely forgettable part of a TNA tag team.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Dan Matha, WWOWWWWW :vinceflex:

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I hate to admit it, but Mandy Rose did way better than I would have expected. A solid Not Awful/10.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Eltoasto posted:

E: Liv's pants would never kneel for the anthem
They're so tight, I'd be surprised if she can kneel at all without splitting them.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
:laffo: three episodes for a standard jobber match.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I thought Ibushi hadn't signed? Bit weird to have him stick through the CWC and now this if he's just going to bugger off at the end.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Carmella simply should not have been moved on, and though Alexa and Nia are both doing fine on SD/Raw, another month or two in NXT wouldn't have harmed either of them.

Essentially NXT's womens' division has been brought back to where it started, when Paige was wrecking everyone and the likes of Sasha and Bayley had no character and were either jobbing out or playing underling to Summer Rae. It took a few months (and Paige getting called up) for the division to get good, and it'll take a few months to recover again this time.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Leaving 'cause she's pregnant with the child of the weakest third of a defunct NXT team?

Mandy Was Right.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
The Artist Formally Known AsPrince Iaukea and Orlando Jordan are not careers I'd want to model my own after, but bless Patrick for giving it a shot. He looked fine, even if the gimmick is clearly doomed.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
First time Aliyah's not looked completely rough, but she still has no character. But also I irrationally loathe anybody who wears those cat ear headbands, so.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Not even the first Prince wrestler. For shame, pitchfork.

Poor Michael Hayner, how soon thee are forgotten.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I already like Daria more than Killer Frost & Poison Ivy.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Renee did commentary on NXT for a while, I'd hope she gets the gig.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Nikki Cross needs to dial it back multiple notches.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
At least it's not Alex Riley.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Ember is cool and wrestles good and is pretty; I wish she had something to do other than just kill another random each week.

See also: Asuka. If only there was some way of using two undefeated women who each need a worthy opponent...

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
She's 4'11"; two inches shorter than Alexa.

It'll be fun seeing how far Becky can throw her around.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
The NXT title does look too much like it should be an X-Division belt, and there have been a few too many "oh my god, it's [wrestler predominantly known for their work in TNA]! What's HE doing here?!", which itself is a very TNA-esque trope, but other than that, yeesh.

I'm scared to even begin unpacking the horror of likening Asuka to Gail Kim. Let's not imply that a Canadian-Korean and a Japanese lady are the same thing, please.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I've no clue who any of those people are, but the hefty guy with the afro is my jam.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I still can't get over the juxtaposition of Ember being a ninja from Texas.

Also still don't 'get' Aliyah's cat ears. Is that an anime thing still, or was it a legitimate fashion 12 months ago that WWE's caught up to?

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Oh hey there, Hero, or whatever your name is now.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Oh boy, another Anoa'i, I can't wait.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
How quickly thee forget Corporal Cajun and Major Gunns. SMDH.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
It's not like the division would be any better if Asuka wasn't as dominant or not there. Ember's the only other good worker, and none of the others are even that great at character work. These aren't the days of the four horsewomen, or Alexa, and the division is even more starved than when Paige was dominating just as hard as Asuka is. Liv, Peyton, Billie, and Aliyah are not good, and Nikki's tied up with Sanity bollocks.

Until Nikki can get some space and the other women improve, yeah, the division's screwed. You can't carry a division entirely on the back of Asuka vs Ember, and bringing Asuka down isn't going to help, either.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
There was a decent chant of her name (while the commentators all fell over each other to shout "who is she?!" the loudest), which is better than most new faces in NXT get. Clearly a fair chunk of the audience knew who she was.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Okay, fair enough, that's a good way to salvage Samson.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
He switched from Epiphone to Fender. Incredible touch.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Well why would you keep her being crazy mary when you've already established Nikki Cross in that role? May as well try something new.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I love six grown men pretending to not be able to restrain two 20lb women.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I love men who are wider than they are tall.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Phenix Rising posted:

When and why did they change Daria's last name?
Apparently her name is Sonya Daville now.

Benne posted:

Asuka's had enough of this poo poo
To be fair, so had I.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I'd say PVRIS were, if they didn't blow so hard live. Props to Babymetal at least they can perform.

ed: no gently caress me anyway, PVRIS were for a WWE event, not NXT. Welp, Babymetal definitely #1 for NXT, then.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
I can't believe Hideo Itami closely-lost one match against a guy with a more popular theme tune, and now is Always Bad and must leave the company like the unsalvageable sinking ship that he so clearly is. What a useless, hopeless jobber.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
There's no evidence that anybody is 'NXT Forever'. People thought Samoa Joe might be a permanent resident, and look how quickly he moved on to where he is now. Everybody on NXT is going to either bottom out and leave or move on to Raw/SD eventually. Some might do it in months and others may take a year or two, but WWE isn't going to hire people specifically to sit in developmental forever.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
Roman was in FCW for two years, finished up in NXT for four months, then spent two years in The Shield before actually main eventing solo.

So yeah, Joe is way ahead of that trajectory.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Charles Gnarwin posted:

It's like they made a gimmick based on someone poorly describing Prince without ever actually watching Prince.
And which WCW already did seventeen years ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Wazzu posted:

Have they really named Velveteen Dream's (still a bad wrestler name) finisher "the Velveteen rainmaker"? What a poo poo name, and does anyone really think his elbow drop is going to be what people think when they hear rainmaker?
There's no way Prince's estate was going to sign off on 'Purple Rainmaker', so they went with its non-union Mexican equivalent.

The whole gimmick is trash and he isn't remotely close to making it work either sincerely or ironically, so it's fine, I doubt we'll be hearing about the 'velveteen rainmaker' very often or for very long.

• Locked thread