Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism
I got a ticket for the house show in Bel Air MD. I'm gonna see wrestling LIVE!!! for the first time since I was just a kid.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I've seen them advertised. Maybe I will!

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

I'll riot if he's not at #NXTBelAirBaltimore

Since I'm going I guarantee you we'll get the B-show of all B-shows.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Eltoasto posted:

Baltimore is a touring date, you should get all the stars. Jacksonville is a $10 local show so that spoiled rear end idiot can get hosed.

Somehow I misread the other NXT show that date as "Dallas/ Ft Worth" as opposed to Ft Pierce FL. I'm always doing dumb stuff like this. And yeah that's an amazing show for just something local.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Christ, Cien overshadowed AGAIN.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Went to the NXT Baltimore(really Bel Air) show tonight. Maybe it was just the novelty of seeing wrestling live for the first time in so long, but I really enjoyed it. Especially the Cedric Alexander vs Bobby Roode match which the crowd ate up. Those two did good together. I sang along to Roode's theme, much to the dismay of the kids next to me.

Other thoughts:

Lots of "Delete" chants early on especially. Fun to go along with those.

Lower card stuff was mostly ok, but Authors of Pain(lame name too) suck. Wish it had been Revival instead but they weren't on this tour. TM61 is a team that clearly has some ability and chemistry, but just aren't clicking for whatever reason. Elias Sampson came out and sang a song about how much he hated Bel Air which was standard heel wrestler stuff, but it made me laugh because I have a friend who works in Bel Air and hates it so bad.

Asuka was exciting to see but the match was kind of weird. Because her opponent Peyton Royce was actually doing most of the offense. This kind of confused me because I expected a massacre there, and I think the crowd felt the same way. But I guess house shows are where they practice these things. Main event was fun and people were nuts for Shinsuke and Joe and Tye Dillinger especially. Seemed like more taunting than wrestling some of the time(to be expected at a house show when all four guys are pushing 40), but it was great fun nonetheless.

All in all I had a great time with Roode vs Alexander being my favorite part, and will definitely go to something like this again if I get the chance.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I figure it will be Roode, as I think he'll get the NXT belt next. Unless they hotshot him to one of the main shows.

I highly doubt we will see Itami again.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I didn't watch much TNA, but when I see Sanity it seems like exactly something that promotion would have done, and been mocked for. Helps also that their leader is one of TNA's old mainstays.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The WHAT chant is their own doing anyway because of their awful dragging promos with constant pauses for reactions. It's their job to figure out how to work around that stuff.

I never understand their logic with this stuff. Well I do but I don't. You get a guy like Dillinger becoming popular but they're worried he'll get too popular or one thing might get annoying so shy away from doing anything substantial with him. Just work around it! Just take advantage of the popularity and get fans excited and if the 10 stuff gets annoying cross that bridge when you come to it. Having an annoying chant here and there is a much lesser problem than having a product people are bored with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I thought it was "Gunner Scott" the failed Benoit protege character(whom they supposedly ended up souring on because he became too much like Benoit) making a comeback!

• Locked thread