Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Let's listen to Roderick Strong's NXT theme which doesn't sound like a TNA theme. Oh wait it does.

Hahahahaha keep reaching bud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I would bet Guevara keeps working the indies until this year's CWC, then joins the cruiser division.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Phenix Rising posted:

Wasn't that Katya lady the one JBL was searching for nudes of in one of his browser tabs in his tweet about Takeover?

E: my bad

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 11:50 on Feb 4, 2017

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Is this Rage or Kaos?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

drat he didn't even credit you

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Already a fan of the fat one and Chinese Kevin Meaney

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Oh my god that rules

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Ohno promo!!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

That was a good match

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It's sad too because he's a really excellent talker, has a great build already and not a horrible worker for being 20 years old or whatever

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Is this a shoot?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Benne posted:

I wonder why it took them this long to upload the early episodes. Was there a royalties hangup with Coheed and Cambria or something?

Raw and Smackdown were to be completed first and they want to be perpetually adding so they just waited

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

She probably wants to see Bayley more. And good for her since those chances are rare for her now. A little kid just wants to be happy y'all!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

They need to put Dawkins and that other dude who does the shoulder thing on tv like now

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I think most of you care more than Gabe does tbh. He'll probably just move his show to the afternoon and do what he did in San Antonio and probably reap the benefits for doing so.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Almas would be perfect for the rumored New Evolution. He could use that rub.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Owens doesn't need it at all. I'd make it HHH, Joe, Almas and bring Adam Cole straight to the main roster when he signs.

Cole should be what Triple H was to Flair.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

I love Regal but Gabe of all people should realize that Regal showing up means that he's on the hunt for talent for WWE to poach.

He knows and doesn't care.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Gabe not being a hardass about guys taking WWE offers is exactly why he now has Keith Lee, Dijak, ACH, Lio Rush and Kyle O'Reilly at his disposal.

Just about the only thing Gabe has any self-awareness about whatsoever is where EVOLVE exists in the grand scheme of things and I feel he's absolutely right for handling things how he is right now talent wise.

I commend him for allowing guys to leave and go try to earn good money before their bodies break down instead of trying to force them into working armories for a pittance because he can.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Bennett is WWE's wet dream, wife aside.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Norwegian Rudo posted:

Zero charisma?

And they've had multiple opportunities to sign him in the past and showed no interest.

He's nowhere near as lovely as people here think he is.

He's got a good body, he's a handsome, white, American dude. He can talk. He's basically worked WWE style for years.

And I'm fairly sure the only reason he isn't there already is they didn't want Maria too. For a while there a few years ago, they wanted the dude bad.

He is exactly the kind of Individual WWE salivates over. That's not me saying I think he's exceptional. It's more a comment on their stupid tastes than anything else.

I do like the guy and think he gets an unfair rap though.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Go RV! posted:

Meltzer likes slow, plodding Roode matches much more than anyone here, it seems.

I enjoyed that match a lot. Also, it had a lot of psychology and a Japanese person, so he was going to love it.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

She looks like she's preparing to join up with Rowe and Hanson

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

WWE NXT Discussion & GDT: Developmental Lives Matter

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

SamuraiFoochs posted:

This is exactly the way I feel about it. I try not to bodyshame or be like Vince but holy poo poo does it not work for Hero.

Exactly. Owens is a thick, wide-bodied big dude who carries that weight well. Hero's body type just makes it look like he's lazy

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It's probably as simple as lovely buttrock bands being willing to take less money for use of the song

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Better than Lars Wazowski, I guess

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Benne posted:

Tino Sabbatelli makes his once-every-4-months appearance to remind us he's still employed.

Still has a dope theme

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Everyone seems to forget that regardless of teachers and facilities, wrestling is a very hard thing to get good at.

They haven't had a ton of success with from scratch people at the PC, but they've done well enough. Not everyone is going to work. Every indie guy coming in has a dozen or more dudes they came up with in their wake who never did poo poo.

It's a long, tough process and it's always going to have to be supplemented with professionals.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CubsWoo posted:

The issue isn't the presence of the top-tier guys. The issue is how long they stay in NXT. Anyone who's proven themselves on the indies is likely in their mid to late 30s so their shelf life before time and injury starts limiting them on the main roster is already short, and I can't imagine they need more than 3-6 months to pick up the basics of 'WWE Style' before they join the main roster.

Balor's nearly 36 and spent 2 years in NXT. Nakamura's 37 and spent a year there. Joe's 38 and spent 18 months there. Roode is 39 and he'll probably be there until Mania. Most of them aren't even wrestling the performance center talent, they just feud with other indy transplants.

If they're coming in and they're useful to the main roster (as opposed to signing guys just so the other feds can't have them, which I suppose could be the reason for some of the signings) get them in for a few months and one, maybe two Takeovers and use them where they can actually be seen and make money.

I don't think they care though.

The primary purpose still seems to be using NXT to prove to shareholders, etc., that Hunter can handle the job of replacing vince one day.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

triplexpac posted:

Is Chris Hero still in NXT? Or was that just a quick temporary thing?

He's still there and it looks like he's going to be feuding with Itami.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Really happy with the names known to me who have been approached for this. It is clear WWE are very serious about the project and to me are rewarding both really skilled wrestlers and those who have worked hard over the past while to get WWE attention and confidence.

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/867078766631165954

What happens post tournament is now the more interesting thing to me. They plan to sign well into the double figures. So they have to be aiming for a TV show. The Performance Center is near capacity so I wonder if they will opt for WWE UK style contracts. However the Women's Wrestling scene is a lot different and less than the UK one. A lot of Women's promotions rely on iPPV and DVD sales than the live draw so if the Women work under WWE UK style restrictions promoters may not book them. Also would they permit intergender?

I get the feeling they want to beef up the main women's roster so I wouldn't be surprised if spots opened in the PC. UK Style contracts seems most likely though.

e: Is Toni Storm rumored because :swoon:

Truther Vandross fucked around with this message at 13:57 on May 24, 2017

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

PWInsider says torn ACL. Surgery this week

Did they say if it was the one he tore in ROH or the other one?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Basic Chunnel posted:

Has Danny Burch been brought back into NXT or is he part of the UK show or he still a southeastern freelancer

Freelancing as far as I know. He may have a U.K. Deal though.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

If you were going to not sign indie workers with a past concussion history you would likely have nobody to sign.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

that's too many PC people for this to be any good

Yep

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Was Devlin offered?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Didn't she retire because she had like a billion bad concussions

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Abbey works for me but what's the deal with the last name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Does this mean Mauro will be doing the MYC?

• Locked thread