Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i hope pete dunne isn't kept to the uk show, he rules a lot. i cant remember if it was here or if it was on reddit or wherever, but it seems like they're gearing up for a new triple h stable and dunne would be great as an attack dog for a heel stable.

pretty good weekly episode, really, nikki cross and ruby riot is a lot of fun, almas/mcintyre was a little too short but good nonetheless, black killed a guy, and the main was really good. i don't know what to feel about the uk show. is the belt gonna be defended at takeovers or just the show? is neville gonna show up there too? how many guys did they end up signing anyway? is the women's tournament gonna lead to a womens show? will there be 6 weekly shows running?

i'll definitely check it out, i just hope their expectations for viewership aren't too high, 205 live is already stumbling, hopefully they won't sequester the minor brands too badly. i mean the only reason gallagher is over as much as he is is because the raw crowd likes him and he's on national tv once or twice a month. poo poo, i put raw on on my phone because mondays are slow at work and my coworker mostly tolerates it but he actually likes jack gallagher.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

flashy_mcflash posted:

Hideo really needs to get some ink or at least gear that covers up his gross shoulder scar.

well, I'd imagine ink isn't happening if he wants to live comfortably in japan

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

man, i mean, it's hard to "tell roderick strong's story" without namedropping ring of honor, but drat that was a lot more than i expected.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Benne posted:

NXT's always had lovely buttrock themes for their Takeovers. I wonder if it's just a running gag at this point.

they got baroness one time and it was like "woah hey who let the good band into here"

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

CarlCX posted:

As amazing as Nak, Joe, Owens and Finn were and are, after two years of "this person is an impossibly powerful wrestlemonster" SNK Boss syndrome at the top of NXT, having Roode as a more traditionally vulnerable champion has really opened up the booking. No one was buying a contender to Nak or Joe who wasn't Nak or Joe; it's a lot more believable that anyone above the Almas level could beat Roode and, shockingly, the title picture becomes a lot more engaging when its talent pool has more than two people in it.

yeah if anything nxt has too many people i wanna see at a takeover again. i know the 4 titles will be defended, but after that, does roddy have a match? ohno? black? they set up galloway v whichever of murphy or blake that was but that was next week right?

Black is the only one getting the nakamura "murder jobbers on sight" push so there's a lotta upper-mid guys who would be guaranteed takeover spots last year that might be left out right now.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

hello yes i am a fan of the devils favorite kickman.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Dangerous Person posted:

Fast track Black to Smackdown so he can have the match against Nakamura that I want so bad

i'd lose my mind at a black/aj match.

aj going for a forearm and black hits him with a spinning heel kick in midair

gently caress yes.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

zzany sean and... and the other blake and murphy

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

gargano and almas are awesome together drat

are sanity faces now? i haven't been watching for a little while, they're certainly working that way.

sanity are totally faces now lol. that kinda rules actually. i like it. anarchist face tag champs.

ahahaha not only are they faces they are totally over as faces. how did this happen? amazing.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 06:00 on Aug 21, 2017

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

RealFoxy posted:

People who have broken their collarbone talk about how painful it is, but Asuka just kept doing the match without anyone even knowing she was hurt

i did once and yeah basically your entire upper body is useless when you gently caress up your collarbone. unless you're asuka of course.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

my friend recommended dropping back in to nxt with last weeks episode and i am and boy do i hate eric youngs voice a whole lot

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

It's terrible but to be fair to EY he legitimately has a throat condition, it's not just a voice he does.

that is fair, it's still a crazy voice. and its especially crazy when he's a face and cutting promos with it.

oney lorcan/lars sullivan is extremely my poo poo. i love high impact guys vs. hosses.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

nikki cross is my favorite :allears:

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

oh poo poo is this lio rush's first nxt match

he's debuting against black? what the hell

e: oh... yeesh

shiksa fucked around with this message at 01:21 on Oct 5, 2017

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

matt riddle knows that japan is seriously very not cool with pot right

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

this new nikki cross song is trying so hard to make me hate nikki cross. it wont work, not yet at least. but man.

peyton royce took a nasty neck bump in this match god drat.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Oct 12, 2017

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

haha they're really going with purple rainmaker for velveteen dreams elbow.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i suppose its all good then.

the bounce up from the second rope that he added is really cool. i like velveteen dream, im just surprised they went with it because it sounded sooo much like mauro just doing mauro things.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

jeeeeeesus bianca is not holding back on that hair whip.

that was a really good battle royal once they thinned it out a little bit.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Liv turn left!! noo!!!

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i cant remember if he was any good or not, but i feel kinda bad for that guy who was in sanity, got hurt, and the group was getting quiet enough reactions that anyone was pretty much interchangeable. now sanity is main eventing the next takeover and i dont even remember his name or really much what he looked like other than a shadowrun character.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

rovert posted:

Apparently, he's just looking for attention.

At a time he should lay low but YOLO.

i just got done trying to work with someone roughly the same age as lio rush on a music project and i can confirm with 100% accuracy that people are totally insane idiots until at least 26

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Charles Gnarwin posted:

I've never done such a fast 180 on a dude like I have with Velveteen Dream. He has such good intensity now and it's easy to forget that he is huge.

Also, yes, Roddy definitely needs a tiny AoP outfit for War Games.

yeah dream went from a really dumb gimmick slapped on a guy who's young enough to live on and work another character to, well, gently caress it, i like this huge jacked man who loves prince.

patrick clark was gonna make something work, though, he's talented and loves wrestling.

also billie kay needs to be dumped that poo poo theme they gave to billie and peyton needs to be dumped, peyton royce is fine but yeah "iconic duo" is sucking air right now and has gone on way too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Cavauro posted:

sometimes they should put people in the crowd who aren't signing. That way, there is indisputable evidence that merely showing someone who happens to be at your show does not interfere with a no-compete clause. the person can say they did not wish to be filmed. the person should have their real name show up underneath them, and an explanation of where they are signed to. if they get fired because of this, it's not the company's fault and even if it is, no one will care pretty quick. it's a win/win/win situation

i totally agree, but wwe is carny as gently caress and looks at other companies like they're all run by equally insane vince counterparts.

that would be kind of cool, though, just a little minor cross promotion, and something to get people buzzing if it really is less of a sure thing. if the green bay packers can be announced as the green bay packers at ringside, i mean, why not.

• Locked thread