Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Please do not discuss taping spoilers in this thread. Visit the spoilers thread for that discussion instead.

WWE NXT is the developmental division of the WWE, and a weekly TV show airing on the WWE Network every Wednesday at 8 PM EST.

NXT on WWE Network
NXT on Hulu (US only, requires subscription, includes Takeover specials)

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/764174054743957505

NXT Champion Bobby Roode (since January 28, 2017)

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/827010131527340032

NXT Women's Champion Asuka (since April 1, 2016)

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/767183660307087360

NXT Tag Team Champions The Authors of Pain (since January 28, 2017)

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/826933593737928704

WWE UK Champion Pete Dunne (since May 20, 2017)

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/866095849411141633

Tapings and house shows in Florida happen at a constant clip, check http://nxttickets.com/ for more information!

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/865055811990675457

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 03:41 on May 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

beggar posted:

mfw Jacksonville armory NXT tickets go on sale. Second best :10bux: in wrestling, next to the Award Winning WWE Network.

stole this for the op, thank you

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Endless Mike posted:

NXT is real good and worth my :10bux: each month.

I feel like it's worth pointing out here as I have before (I think it was the first subtitle of the last thread) that if anyone reading this is considering canceling the Network, all of NXT, including TakeOvers, is on Hulu unedited. May be worth waiting until after the CWC though :v:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

https://twitter.com/SamoaJoe/status/767669326501543936?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

get well soon Joe :(

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

St Evan Echoes posted:

Possible he's working, no?

Meltzer said with pretty much 100% confidence that it's a work, yeah, but I hope he's not off TV with a worked injury for too long

still really hate them using a thrown X and a sudden camera cut for a worked injury, but I definitely prefer it to Joe actually being injured

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

rovert posted:

Who do you guys think is the next NXT call up, guys?

mmm when I look at the rosters, I feel like the needs of the rosters aren't really met by what NXT has. Both shows could use more women, but I don't think there's anyone ready unless they just decide to elevate random house show/undercard people like they did Braun.

There's plenty of NXT undercard mainstays they could bring up as jobbers, but they don't have a need for more jobbers. Maybe they send Rich Swann up quick to fill up the Cruiserweight division?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Oh yo

https://twitter.com/tripleh/status/767784719392071680

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

oh, I was going off nxttickets.com when I said the thing about next taping; they must have taken the taping off the list already. my bad!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

here are my guesses:

NXT
NXTLIVE
NXTVA
NXTMD
NXTSOCIAL

if it's not one of those, i'm stumped

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

lol commentary kayfabe talking about how they had a wild night in brooklyn before the preshow matches

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

this is probably the hottest opening match a WWE PPV event has ever had

push tye to the moon

Delsaber posted:

There's no way Blake or Murphy survive the next round of cuts, right?

didn't one of them get a dwi a while ago

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

SomeMathGuy posted:

So speaking as someone who doesn't usually watch weekly NXT - since you can watch TakeOver on the Network and on Hulu, who exactly needs these recaps?

the wrestlers, who do not want to do another round of taping two days after a massive event, and the production team, who do not want to edit together an episode in 24 hours

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

SomeMathGuy posted:

That does make sense, and I guess just putting more dark matches on the TakeOver card to try and fill the episode would run the risk of exhausting the live crowd.

they don't have a big enough TV-ready roster for this, I think. they pit jobbers v jobbers if they wanted but then it'd look and sound like an empty arena match and that doesn't help anyone :v:

I also love all the promos/interviews on this so I can deal with the recaps

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

VJeff posted:

So when did this taping take place?

before the show

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

drat that bayley recap made me tear up hard

nice that she got a formal sendoff there with them talking about her call-up though. and good on them for clearly establishing ember moon as a face there

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

welp the revival just called out 3 Smackdown teams so they're the 8th team in the Smackdown Tag Title tournament

loving RIP Heath Slater

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

lol that Twitter screenshot for Joe had the little "You may also want to follow" widget visible and the first person in the list was Christopher Daniels

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

AKUM AND RAZAR

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

wish they'd had a nakamura or joe promo this week but looking forward to the upcoming set of tapings! I'll try to remain spoiler free but I am super curious what matchups are coming up next, beyond Aries/Itami

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Bayley posted a goodbye: http://www.f4wonline.com/news/bayley-posts-farewell-letter-nxt-219361?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

quote:

Dear NXT,

Today I went into the Performance Center and had to clean out my locker. After almost 4 years with NXT, it's time for me to step away and the new crop of women to step up. I am so confident in the division and know we will see it be taken to newer heights.

I've seen FCW shows grow from 12 people in the crowd to NXT payperviews with 15,000 in Brooklyn. NXT is my life, it's everything I am, everything I've ever wanted in wrestling. The roster, the coaches, our bosses, our fans. All of it is everything I've ever wanted. I couldn't have dreamt up a better journey, and I couldn't have asked for better support and love that all of you have embraced me with.

I love this industry with all of my heart but I mean this when I say it, I would not be able to do the things I've done without you guys. You fans match our passion. With everything we give you in the ring, you give us right back as fans. And that's what makes NXT special, and that's what I'll miss most.

I'll miss my NXT family backstage, I'll miss those once in a lifetime moments like doing Finn Balors entrance or teaming with Shinsuke Nakamura or standing in the ring for 10 minutes as you guys sing a song, and I'll miss the proud feeling of being a part of it all.

But I know it will continue. And I will never stop chasing that feeling. I am beyond excited to bring everything you all taught me, to WWE. Thank you for the memories, and as always, WE are NXT.

:unsmith:

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

HBK was hanging out at the tapings tonight:

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/768918018504077312
https://twitter.com/SamoaJoe/status/769016237758218241

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Basic Chunnel posted:

The near-total focus on Roode in the hype package for Takeover gives you a sense of where Almas is right now.

TBF Roode got massively over with what was basically face heat to an extent I don't think they were expecting

They definitely need to rehab Almas but he's far from like Solomon Crowe levels of dead

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

when a show is good, smarks will mark. when a show is bad, smarks will chant cm punk. such is the way of things

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

quote:

Graves: Buddy Murphy was supposed to be in Brooklyn but he got locked out of his house, couldn't find his car keys, and missed his flight.
Phillips: Where did you get this information?
Graves: I'm a journalist, Tom.

guys I loving love NXT

the brawl out of the back into the ring in a single camera shot :psyduck:

steve cutler's facial hair is fuckin horrible

crawford seems alright. couldn't find much out about him except that he had a nasty botch at a house show back in May. I haven't heard of Cutler or Crawford before that match and now I'd be up for seeing them more often, at least?

angelo dawkins still seems pretty bad, oof. at least he has a character, though, I'll give him that

Aliyah's gear is cool as hell and I dig her hella generic music

this episode of NXT had some rough loving wrestling but developmental wrestling can be fun sometimes. I hope they do more to get me invested in these characters, but tbf they're still just getting started with some of the more established dudes like Jose, Aries, and Roode, so I get why they don't want to devote a ton of promo/segment time to the rookies

oh, and I appreciated Nakamura mispronouncing Samoa Joe's name in honor of his hero Scott Steiner

e: dang that Liv promo rovert posted is good if generic, put that on TV

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Sep 1, 2016

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

braun strowman, baron corbin, and alvin abitz will form the new shield

dude's fuckin ugly but maybe it's just the terrible hair throwing me off

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

AMReese posted:

Man, Max Payne got jacked

how dare you would besmirch the good name of Sam Lake's Beautiful Perfect Hair like that

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

IcePhoenix posted:

also lol having the hashtag be NXTMinny to cover up the fact that they said the wrong city in their announcements (which still isn't fixed by the terrible OP :colbert:)

in honor of me literally sprinting through MSP yesterday to make a 15 minute connection, I have fixed it, thank you

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

achillesforever6 posted:

Regal going to challenge Joe to a match

this did just go up on the Network last week: http://network.wwe.com/video/v1123450583/?contentId=1123450583&contextType=wwe-show&contextId=wwe_hidden_gems

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

between the authors of pain, asuka, samoa joe, and soon sanity, there's a weird menacing undercurrent in nxt

hopefully no way jose can bring us out of the darkness

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Give Bobby Roode A Real Finisher

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

so this is a relatively minor spoiler, but we now know who Sanity is: Alexander Wolfe & Sawyer Fulton. bit of a letdown

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

oatgan posted:

Couple names missing here

reading comprehension is not a strong suit for me okay :mad:

(Thanks for pointing that out but that's a weird stable they've got, huh?)

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i hope the tag team of No Way Jose and Shinsuke Nakamura are in the Dusty classic

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

lets all hope and pray that this is the angle in which ONEY gets a new name

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

i just started watching (i wanted to play destiny but my roommate is a more regular nxt watcher than i am so i'm watching with him since he's hogging the ps4!) and why is no one talking about patrick clark's ring attire

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

omg the dan matha fakeout

i love you nxt

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

AlmightyPants posted:

I got tickets for the Theater at MSG house show but then my buddy decided he didn't want to pay $100 for a seat, so we're thinking of just getting tickets 4 hours beforehand on stubhub or something.

I really wanted ringside seats but they're quite expensive.

what the gently caress, how did I not hear about this show until now?

ringside seats are the same price as the lower seating; I would have totally gotten a ringside ticket if they were still available :(

ugh, I guess I just won't go to this, it's really pricey and I don't think it's worth it to see wrestling in a venue like that. it's too big to be a fun intimate show but too small to feel like a big event. definitely woulda gone if I could have gotten a ringside seat, or even the front of the 100 section, but the front of the 200/back of the 100 seats that are available for $130 just don't seem worth it at all...

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 04:47 on Oct 8, 2016

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

assuming this is gonna be taped for TV episodes like that big Orlando show a few months back?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Sanity: good
this Billie Kay + Peyton Royce promo: I want to die

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

liv morgan matches give corey graves a venue to endlessly poo poo on new jersey and it fuckin rules

• Locked thread