Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The Revival have been great so far, but I don't see how good they could be against teams that really outclass them in size, like The Authors of Pain or The Dudley Boyz. They'd have to go up to Horsemen levels of heeling to make it an even playfield there (Injuring people before matches)

Big Cass had a huge size advantage but Enzo was still there for them to beat on

Just as an aside, I really want to see The Usos vs The Revival in an NXT environment. The Usos are nice and explosive but are overall pretty stale, but the way Revival work matches they could use their spots in bursts and babyface fire comebacks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

St Evan Echoes posted:

Possible he's working, no?
Meltzer said it was a work. Either way it doesn't matter in the long run.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Although Blake and Murphy look absolutely nothing alike I don't know if I'll ever be able to tell them apart from one another

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Asuka/Billie Kay/Ember Moon/Crazy Mary is a good four girls to build the division around. It'd be neat if they signed someone like Hojo, Shirai, or LaRae though

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

AMReese posted:

I don't think you're getting LaRae without Joey Ryan, and I'm pretty sure they don't want Joey Ryan.
She's married to Johnny Gargano why would NXT need Joey Ryan

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

AMReese posted:

You know, seeing that 6'1" height, I've always wondered whatever happened to Aloisia...
Apparently some dirty pictures got leaked and they just released her?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The longer Asuka goes undefeated the bigger of a problem it's gonna be unless they sign some super-indy prospect or Joshi to take the title off her. :v:

Sign Hojo pls

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm okay with Joe and Asuka staying in NXT for a long time, minus rare appearances on the main roster for dream matches, but on the inverse they could probably do Joe/Cena at any given NXT Takeover and quickly sell the building out

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Spermgod posted:

I think he's just going to be a challenger but i guess it depends how soon they want to call Nakamura up.

From what I've seen Roode seems like a completely boring worker so I'm not really looking forward to that. He's really lucky he got that entrance music.
Roode is an oldschool Heel like Triple H is, which is why it's always a shame when he's not in a tag-team or a faction that can play around him.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

AMReese posted:

Well, they already did an NXT Rumble with Bo Dallas, and he became a participant in the main one. I wouldn't be surprised if they repeat the process. Though, hopefully whoever wins elicits a bigger reaction from the crowd than Bo did.
I can't remember fully, but wasn't this back when Bo was supposed to be taken seriously as a babyface? This was also before most people were ever watching NXT.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Spermgod posted:

i didn't even realize the lady in the Land's End shirt is Nikkan Lee... does this mean Ryuji Ito is going to get a tryout too?
Most of the BJW guys are in the same boat as Drake Younger and are all pretty wonderful people that I hope can get signed to WWE, even as trainers or referees, and be able to retire without hurting themselves even further.

Nikkan Lee is gonna be a referee I guess? She wrestles a tiny bit but she's never done it for a living.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Kingston would be great to bring in for a one final run type thing, getting super desperate against a champion like Joe who just points out how badly banged up he is before he even got here. I legitimately can't tell if Kingston is in constant pain or selling well but he can cut an amazing intense promo.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

rovert posted:

So Io Shirai to WWE is a thing apparently.
Io Shirai is legitimately great but I think Hojo could be the most popular women's wrestler of all time based on her elbow drop alone

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Good filler feud for Asuka would have her beating down a rookie helplessly and Sara Amato comes to check up on it and Asuka just taunts her until a feud starts and we get another nice Del Rey/Asuka match :)

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Those pictures are fine, cute even. But that twitter account is one of those horrible roleplay accounts that roleplays with other NXT roleplay accounts and its loving creepy

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Jerusalem posted:

Oh okay, I just assumed it was Asuka's :sigh:
Asuka is funnier because the actual scenario that popped up was that The Drifter came out and asked for a kiss, and Asuka sushed him and broke his guitar

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

funny that smackdown is ostensibly the better show but it has the worse womens gimmicks on account of carmella and alexa
Alexa isn't a bad gimmick you're a bad gimmick

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Baron Corbyn posted:

Tye and No Way Jose are the only homegrown male singles wrestlers with any build. Patrick Clark would probably be next on the totem pole after them.

And it was definitely around the time Zayn became champ. Breeze was built up as a contender to Neville and Corbin was on the level where you'd think he'd have a chance.
Call-ups ruined both NXT and the people called up from NXT tbh. Breeze had done about all he could in NXT but someone thought he was a goon after being called up and never got any traction. Same things with Baron Corbin who still had a little ways to go and is now stuck in Superstars Hell feuding with Jack Swagger or something. Apollo Crews lost the most because he didn't even get a chance in NXT before Vince saw him and pulled him up immediately, and Nia Jax is stuck in a tough position on RAW where she's just squashing jobbers but there's no place for her in the title pictures because there's still too many stories left to tell between Bayley, Sasha, and Charolette.

Getting sent to Smackdown is probably the best you could ask for right now, they have pretty good writing and good talent. Alexa Bliss has a great position in Smackdown right now but people hate her and I don't know why. I still don't know what Tye would ever do on the main roster besides immediately get sunk into Superstars or form a make-shift tag-team and have all his momentum blown out.

I think too many TNA guys at once on the NXT roster is hurting them. It when Samoa Joe could be the end-boss for NXT and treated like a huge star, and I can see some appeal in Bobby Roode being an old-school heel type, but they keep bringing in more and more. What do you do with AA? With TNA on its last legs there could be even more free talent.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

keevo posted:

What exactly is holding Tye back from winning a title? Is HHH not a fan of him?
He's over but he's in the same position that Heath Slater and Tyler Breeze are

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Venomous posted:

so he'll debut in the Rumble at #10, after which he'll be signed to Smackdown, get over because Ryan Ward is a competent writer and eventually become the next IC champion?
He's a jobber to the stars and won't make it further than Zack Ryder. Despite WWE trying to sabotage him out of spite for daring to get over when he wasn't supposed to, Ryder had basically hit his ceiling by being US champion.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Hojo/Shirai coming in would solve the Asuka problem immediately.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Marry Dibson and Daffney are the only two good crazy women gimmicks. Rosemary and Mickie James are okay.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Nov 13, 2016

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I stopped watching NXT because even with a pretty talented roster, nobody's doing anything and every single episode feels like filler for the next Takeover event. They either need to run a live NXT show every once in a while on Wednesday, or have more NXT Takeovers.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Why are you posting a goon's own twitter feed on the forums

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

NXT has the benefit of not being watered down with gimmick PPVs so they really feel special when they happen (The Neville/Dallas Ladder Match, the Bayley/Banks Last Woman Standing, and the Joe/Balor cage match). They have plenty of opportunity to tell great stories without much meddling from Vince, they have weeks of TV between Takeover shows to build great feuds and yet, they don't do hardly any of this.

Feuds like Samoa Joe's feel like they start to drag on because there's months between Takeover events and every episode of NXT TV is taped well in advance and feels like filler for the next Takeover. Champions like Asuka start to pleateu because they're not building anyone up nearly quick enough to put on a compelling program despite having tons of time in between Takeover events. Guys like Andrade Cien Almas aren't getting over because despite the amount of time they're given to work with, they're taping 4+ weeks of TV in the same area which allow much room to grow if they're in front of the same crowd that's completely indifferent to them.

NXT is probably dropping in popularity because the Writer who made it worth watching has moved on to Smackdown (Which is now great and worth watching). Everything fills like two months of filler between NXT Takeover events. They need to do something with writing and quick because it's making me pretty indifferent towards people like Nakamura, Joe, Roode, and Asuka because there's just....Nothing happening. For comparison, it's like watching Smackdown last year. The show is there, and sometimes a thing will happen but it's basically just filler until the next RAW.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

It's so meta that the playset came out a while ago and advertised that cage "As seen on NXT Takeover" and the build-up to using that cage was TM61 seeing the playset and suggesting it.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

She's not even on the roster anymore but you still hate Leva Bates.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

:siren: Hot Takes :siren:

Tye Dillenger is in the same position Tyler Breeze was before. A gimmick that's pretty over, but has not milage as the top guy and he's going to to go to the main roster, Vince McMahon won't "Get it" and he's going to end up in a make-shift tag-team with little exposure. I think Neville is in the same spot, he's got a low ceiling since exactly one thing he does is really over and it's hard to put him in the upper mid-card or at the top. These guys are so over in NXT because they're not being over-exposed and the type of events that NXT put on really benefit the one-trick type wrestlers.

Cesaro and Sammi Zayn are the guys you should be upset aren't getting put over, they can talk, have natural charisma, have the potential to get super-over on catch-phrases or moves, and can wrestle very well. It's probably no coincidence they're both on RAW.

I really think that The Revival should have stayed in NXT just a little longer to put over TM61, I don't think that AoP or Sanity are going to be good enough to put them over so they'll end up stuck in a heat vacuum despite being pretty okay wrestlers. Having momentum in NXT before going up to the main roster has a lot more weight than it used to.

Oatgan's right about the Men's singles division right now. I think there needs to be another title akin to the TV title (Or maybe the Network Title?) to be defended during NXT TV. There's way too much filler between Takeover events in the main event scene and there's too many singles guys sitting and waiting for their spot (Like Roode is right now, and I'm assuming Itami will be if he ever makes it more than 3 consecutive weeks without being injured). Giving a secondary title for the men to fight over and be defended every week would at least give reason to feud if you're not at the top.

The women's problem has the inverse problem. They're building up the ladies Brock Lesner but there's nobody in the women's roster that's over enough to even be considered a threat. Mickie James was a great opponent that exposed Asuka as having some weakness and not just being a cocky, unbeatable champion but there's only one girl on the roster who even looks like she's got the path to taking on Asuka seriously and there's still a problem that Ember Moon doesn't really have anyone to fight either because almost none of the other NXT women are over. The women's division really needs their Tye Dillinger. You know, like Blue Pants was. If Kaori Hojo comes into the company she'd be perfect for that spot. She's a great wrestler and has an absolutely beautiful elbow drop, but her biggest strengths are her character and selling. She's currently a motorcycle-riding pirate, what's not to love?

As I've mentioned, Io Shirai and Asuka have a lot of interesting history together. Kana brought in the Shirai sisters to her faction after Kana was starting to gain momentum. Mio Shirai, the eldest sister was like a mix of Kana and Io, she had a more MMA/Striking based style but had a lot of charisma. Io Shirai had less charisma but a hell of a lot of raw talent. The trio got over based on Kana's infamy and the Shirai Sister's marketability + talent. After a while, Io Shirai started dating NOSAWA and was shunned by the Shirai family & Kana because of who she was around + rumors of what she was doing. Io Shirai went to Mexico to further her craft and grew distanced from Mio/Kana. Io and NOSAWA got involved in some of the strangest wrestle-drama in the modern era. A guy planted marijuana inside of a painting given to Io and NOSAWA which was caught by Japanese customs and Shirai/Nosawa were taken to jail claiming they had no idea what happened. Someone eventually came forward claiming they planted the pot to get more favorable booking from (I think it was AAA) because the promoter hated NOSAWA. Anyway, after Shirai cleared her name she broke up with NOSAWA and started wrestling in STARDOM, working her way up to becoming the companies Ace. Mio Shirai announces her retirement to get married and start a family and Mio and Io finally patch things up and team together in Mio's last match (Kana had already gone to NXT so wasn't there for the retirement). Even without going into depth with that backstory, they could easily show the slides about Asuka bringing Io into the business and putting her over with Auska claiming that Io stabbed her in the back once she was getting bigger.

The biggest drawback to waiting on Io Shirai is that it would be around Wrestlemania before the match could even happen because of Shirai's commitments right now; although I think Asuka/Shirai would be the perfect Wrestlemania weekend match. They could draw out Asuka's title reign a little longer by building up Ember Moon and having her fail, then feuding against Sanity then bringing in one more former Diva, or maybe having Regal bring in someone like Aja Kong and selling the point that she was once in the WWE but Vince saw how violent she was and immediately fired her. NXT fans are pretty smart and would eat that up.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

He's also not that charismatic, tbh. A fantastic in-ring performer, one of the best, but wooden on camera
He was very charismatic in the indies. He was great in Kings of Wrestling and the BDK, he was pretty over with his "Eyyyy" chants and very european gimmick. I'm confident he's just been subjected to bad writing his whole stint in WWE.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Strike 1 for Cesaro was having a funny accent. Foreingers never get over.
Strike 2 for Cesaro was passive-aggressively complaining about his spot on the card. Now he's stuck with Sheamus.

Ceasaro hasn't had the odds stacked against him so badly that fans take to him ala Ryder or Daniel Bryan yet, but if he loses to Sheamus in 18 seconds at Wrestlemania rest assured.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Basic Chunnel posted:

I'd never seen Mickie James before Takeover but I'm a fan now
That was probably the best worked match of her career.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I hope Ricochet doesn't have enough leverage when if he ever signs a contract to bring along Tessa.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I think Quackenbush is a great play by play and would be a good announcer for the tournament along with Graves

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I burned out years ago on SHIMMER when they would do 8 shows in a week and the DVDs wouldn't come out for 7 months, it was really hard to keep up with them and they started to lose their momentum as the women's super-indy when AIW was putting on their annual Girls Night Out that was better than most of the SHIMMER shows.

On the same side there seems to be a lot less women in the indies that are really at that level to make me go out and buy DVDs. I remember when Sara Del Ray and Kana were headlining both CHIKARA and SHIMMER the same week and it felt like the peak for women's wrestling in the US. Most of the bigger names have either retired or been signed now.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

AMReese posted:

You loving go in there and you shake his goddamn hand, you bastard
But call him Blake and tell him that BAMF was your favorite tag-team in NXT and gush about how you love Alexa Bliss and Dubstep.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

WWE don't want another Ryder on the card. He was so over he was hijacking the show and it wasn't necessarily because he was a great wrestler. WWE claims that Daniel Bryan was "Catch-phrase over" with the "YES!" chants but Tye and Ryder were textbook definitions of "Catch-phrase over" without having much substance otherwise.

Other similar examples are both Breeze and Fandango who were super over in a niche audience at one time but it never caught on outside of the post-wrestlemania or NXT crowds. Breeze does have a lot to do with Vince "Not getting it" but his peak is just being an alternate to Dolph Ziggler, isn't it?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

The_Rob posted:

The problem with this though is that while the hardcore fans have generally stayed with it. We are getting to a point where we are starting to see the older fans leave. There are a ton of other companies that are catering to the hardcore fan. Wwe just targeting kids and parents is great for the short term but usually those kids will be getting older and getting into something else.
So they're taking the spongebob approach?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Let go of your girls, Rossi. There's a women's revolution happening in NXT and Shirai and Hojo need to be there!!!

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

Hey Rovert, any truth to the rumors that WWE's offers to Io and Kairi fell through, due to STARDOM one-upping their offer, along with claiming that they (Io and Kairi) wouldn't make it in the WWE due to Asuka being in NXT?

Because if so, that's really disappointing.
Rossi offered Hojo and Io much better deals to stay because they're right on the cusp of being the next biggest thing in women's wrestling as a whole. Meiko Satamura is around too but I can't imagine WWE taking a look at her

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

and isn't rossy ogawa really skeevy too? i'm not too familiar with joshi but i knew one of the promotion's owners was a complete sleezelord.
There's rumors he's dating one of the top girls and more rumors he sleeps with more but the worst thing he did was what Oatgan said knowing there was legit heat between ACT and Yoshiko, Act weight like 100 pounds and being already very physically weak and blind in one eye.

Regardless, STARDOM is probably drawing more than a lot of indies in Japan. They're still behind NJPW, BJW, DDT Pro, and Dragon Gate but I don't think it's a stretch to say that Io Shirai and Meiko are drawing more right now than KENTA was when he was signed by the WWE

• Locked thread