Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Wolf is kind of old as far as WWE women go, and she's still pretty fresh so by the time she were to make it to RAW or Smackdown, she would probably be pushing 35/36 which is right around the age they start to retire (With recent exceptions like Asuka or Mickie James)

Wolf has a LOT of charisma and energy though, she would make a great commentator for their women's show if they decided to stick her in NXT for a while and transition her over. She's got a really smooth voice and had her on youtube travel channel. She's also just a total sweetheart and I hope she can get a comfy job doing what she wants, anywhere she wants to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Tato posted:

I honestly don't know what would be best for either party. His WWE tenure is just so sad after the Wrestlemania battle royal match. Would it be better for both parties to move on? Or do they both want to extend? I dunno. I wish he could get on some amazing streak and get hot again but it seems unlikely.
KENTA had the Sin Cara/Karma/Callahan kind of bad luck where he was signed at a weird time and bad things kept happening.

The best thing for him would probably be to pop up in NJPW or PWG and do some great matches and probably retire, because I don't see him doing well in the WWE at ALL anymore.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Itami WAS great, but he's still pretty tiny as far as the main roster goes and I still think his ceiling would be 205 live. At least Ibushi was about the same height as John Cena and if he ever wanted to bulk up, could be pretty big. Itami is always going to look tiny, he's Daniel Bryan sized without the natural charisma. Callahan is right around that 5'8 height too but he looks much bigger than he is.

As far as size goes, if you look tiny compared to Mojo loving Rawly you're probably never going to get too far.

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 09:54 on Jun 7, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

You should probably compare Joe to Punk, Danielson, or Styles since he was in their era and not a guy who started in FCW.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I thought it was the worst kept secret that's she's already signed

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

I think you mean Kairi, not Io. Also WWE is supposedly backing off on not letting her use the elbow drop, due to the amount of backlash they are getting from it. :shrug:

I mean Io should be in the same boat, since her finisher is a moonsault, and her other finishers are banned moves in the WWE (piledriver based offense), so who knows.
Io is legit one of the best active wrestlers in the world right now though, I feel like she could copy Jericho's moveset move by move and be doing great and Jericho isn't even that flashy.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm just trying to imagine a Roaring Elbow/Busaiku Knee combo if they teamed together and how brutal it would look

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ronallo is a good fit for NXT because he actually tries to do play-by-play and knows most of the move names. He did pretty good in the CWC with Daniel Bryan and I think he'd do pretty well with Nigel too, Nigel is great but doesn't quite have that boom in his voice and NXT has been lacking since Corey left.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Super No Vacancy posted:

mauro is unbearably bad actually
:gas:

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Thought the story about about Mauro being bullied would have hit so close to home to most goons

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

RacistGuidingLight posted:

I don't get the turn on him, personally. We were understanding when he wasn't strong enough to deal with JBL and what seemed a whole lot like his usual poo poo, but expect him to be strong enough to stand for this or that undefined principle?
Getting paid by the people who hosed you up and not having to deal with the environment that hosed you up is the dream, really. He struck gold.

Basic Chunnel posted:

1. Hideo / Lorcan just gets stiffer with every iteration, by match 5 somebody's gonna bring a gun

2. They had a Great Balls of Fire (god that name) ad where the audio was all about Joe / Lesnar but the visuals were all Reigns / Stroman?
The string of luck Hideo has had in NXT shouldn't surprise him at this point, he was probably better off getting dropped on his head in Japan

achillesforever6 posted:

There is the excuse "Oh it was the last match of that taping", but gently caress that I've seen crowds stay hot throughout a 5 hour taping.
It's basically the "Crucial Crew" from TNA so what do you expect

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Jun 29, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Accident Underwater posted:

That match was loving excellent. I love Nikki but if Asuka keeps the belt for eternity I don't even care.
Asuka is so head and shoulders better than anyone in the WWE right now as far as character work and wrestling ability goes it's not even funny, but once they start bringing in Hojo and Shirai Asuka's going to be the one tailing behind.

Hojo can play the sympathetic babyface even better than Bayley in NXT did and Io Shirai is just the total package as far as a wrestler goes

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Gaz-L posted:

Is it just me or did Nikki kill her finish utterly in that match? She hit like 100 of them and got a near fall...
She has a kinda brawler style which is less about hitting the finisher and more about just beating the poo poo out of her opponent, so I'm not too worried about her finish. If Asuka wasn't in NXT she'd probably be in Asuka's position.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

NXT must have soured on her when they realized how unnaturally bad she is at talking in front of a camera. I had a lot of hopes for her too, she was my rookie of the year when she had her debut and I had a lot of hopes coming into NXT but see her fumbling to cut a promo just makes me feel embarrassed for her. I used to think she'd be the one to take the title from Asuka but now I think it'd be a huge letdown.

e: Ember Moon

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I can't wait for Roddy to suffer from moderate to severe brain damage and become the next Daniel Brian

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

DangerDummy! posted:

I was looking up old Kurt Angle bits on the Network last night and I happened upon Roddy competing in the Kurt Angle Open Challenge. It went about as well as you'd think, but he's a hilarious piece of poo poo in it.
I vaguely recall a story where Angle asked him what he wanted to do in the match, and Roddy listed all kinds of spots thinking they would all just get shot down and Angle was like "Alright kid, if you can pull it off you can do it"

e: Here it is! And I must have confused it with a different story because he said "Don't you try anything boy"

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/5nx2ia/roderick_strong_commentating_his_match_against/

RealFoxy fucked around with this message at 01:07 on Jul 13, 2017

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Benne posted:

If you're wondering why the crowds have been so quiet in recent tapings, uh ... this is certainly something
This reminds me of CHIKARA shows where no matter how loud the crowd was, you could hear Gavin Loudspeaker and Ultramantis Black yelling over commentary.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

At this point it's probably best to either run NXT as two-hours live or combine it with 205 Live and send them all back to Florida because they've got way too many people right now and I guarantee that they'll never be able to figure out what to do with them on RAW or Smackdown.

I feel so bad for all the good talent being burned away in 205 Live because they're being stripped of anything that made them exciting or unique and the crowds are almost always dead for them because there's like, barely any reason to care about most of them. Putting them back with NXT would at least take them out from under the microscope and let them put on CWC style matches again.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Full Sail had it's moments but just like the ECW and TNA fans they need to be put to rest. Bring NXT to Reseda

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Please release KENTA and let him wrestle in NJPW

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I feel like the immediate future for NXT is going to be Sanity moving up during the next "Superstar Shakeup" to start another faction war, Bobby Roode moving up to a Miz-like position on Smackdown, and Gargano/Champa's feud continuing on 205 Live.

I really hope Asuka stick around long enough as champion to go through Kairi Sane before losing the title to Io Shirai in late Fall, but I can't help but shake the feeling that Ember will win the title off her despite being pretty mediocre in NXT.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Ho Ho wanted to open up a wrestling school and it clashed with what WWE wanted to do in China. They had also found more Chinese wrestlers and a good translator for their trainees. John Cena is also learning Mandarin to open up to the market, and WWE might try and open up an Australian/Japan/China title like they did with the UK to try and combat NJPW.

I'm not sure WWE knows that there's a huge disconnect between the Chinese market because there's two different major languages (Mandarin and Cantonese) but they're starting to see them as a market they can expand into just like they're trying to do with Jinder/India.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Imagine coming to SomethingAwful.com to ask for moral advice

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

https://www.facebook.com/WWENXT/videos/1424763730906520/?hc_ref=ARTNQYsmBG4MSeaSLkuiRzpNZ23oAoaEEW4AbUiHS95TBd2HlQXg2xqoK1UfGcaZ9x4

Asuka is starting to get that Nakamura drunk/high swagger

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Davros1 posted:

In the Takeover results on WWE.com, I found this interesting:

Have they ever acknowledged another fed's title that they didn't own as a World Title?
Just about all of them at some point or another.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

People who have broken their collarbone talk about how painful it is, but Asuka just kept doing the match without anyone even knowing she was hurt

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Asuka also speaks with the same kind of accent associated with the Yakuza if that helps

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I hope NXT goes full Dragon Gate and makes a bunch of Trios/Factions to fight each other for a long time because drat their heavyweight division is kinda lacking right now.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Chris Hero is one of the nicest dudes in Wrestling but I don't think for a second if I jumped the rails in one of his matches he wouldn't elbow me right between the eyes as hard as he could

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I look forward to Jason "The Gift" Kincaid and Bulldozer in the audience at the next NXT Takeover

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I wish that 205 Live were booked better and taken more seriously because despite Itami's best efforts to be a heavyweight he would be great against some of the cruiserweights he could do his cocky shtick on

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Germansimp posted:

So what secret didn't Johnny want to talk about, wrestling under a mask in Chikara or kicking a woman in the head and being proud of it (also in Chikara)?
When was Johnny under a mask in CHIKARA? He was always part of FIST after his YLC run. Unless he played one of the dozens of throw-away villains that one season

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Brazil is usually one of the loudest areas for just about anything, from music to wrestling.

• Locked thread