Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Boy, these guys really wanna see Tim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So when did this taping take place?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I do quite appreciate that the booking of that match was "Bayley spent tons of time scouting the Asuka Lock, successfully broke it, unfortunately didn't scout getting kicked in the face really loving hard."

abraham linksys posted:

before the show

Huh.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SomeMathGuy posted:

Yeah, I thought it was a good followup to the previous two TakeOvers. She's cognizant of the move that took her down in Dallas, but failed to take into consideration what destroyed Nia Jax at The End. Meanwhile Asuka gets to look like a multi-threat in the ring.

It just does such a good job getting Asuka over. She doesn't even have a "finisher" in the traditional sense. Who the hell expects "two kicks" to be enough to score a pinfall for anybody except HBK.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So it looks like there's more for Joe to do in NXT before he goes to SmackDown. :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Aw man I was hoping they wrestled with the masks on.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I imagine the second dude is supposed to land on the first dude's chest. That is scary.

MinibarMatchman posted:

lol AoP are such loving scrubs, jesus christ

I mean they are both 22.

Anyway I just came here to say the part where Samoa Joe screamed "SITCHER rear end!" at Tye Dillinger was great.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Solus posted:

Holy poo poo why is Dillinger not on the main roster.

Stay tuned!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Turned on the network just in time to watch Samoa Joe get kneed in the face a million times.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Gargano is soooooooooooooo good. He's probably my favorite guy in NXT, period.

Benne posted:

Was this the final episode of a taping? Crowd seems burnt out.

It's definitely on the backend. I think it's second or third to last.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
oh poo poo, #TopGuys.

I am really looking forward to this 3-way, wow.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

Revival taking the attack of opportunity to take out DIY but then just going ahead and laying out AOP by themselves anyway was great.

I was sure that they were about to get owned by AoP, so that surprise low bridge into another Shatter Machine was great.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hi is this the Aleister Black Appreciation Station? I'm here to fill out my membership form.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

No Irish Need Imply posted:

I like him but I am burnt out on kick finishers.

There is a pretty ridiculous amount of kick and knee strike finishers in WWE right now.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Just do Renee Young and Daniel Bryan as commentary. Proven combination, imo.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

oatgan posted:

nxt has been good again lately

I had a feeling after Mania it was gonna get really good again, right combination of people moving up (thus freeing up spots) and new people coming in.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

sleepwalkers posted:

Welp. Ciampa apparently hurt his leg at a house show.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umDr0mPuyQc

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

Why the hell are they doing house shows

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Benne posted:

What's the source for this, anyway? I find it hard to believe that NXT would book top guys in a pointless house show 2 days before a Takeover. Especially if they're scheduled to work a ladder match widely expected to steal the show.

Multiple accounts from people who were there, at this point, including a dude from Fightful.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Better solution, have Gargano win the titles by himself because HE RULES.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

Ciampa has needed double shoulder surgery since January. Lost a lot of size and reverted to wear shirts. I thought he would be written off ASAP in January given how the severity was described to me - career ending.

Would expect Johnny to be 205Live after Sunday - been told nothing just the NXT babyface scene is very deep.

Man, I may be overrating him here but I legit think Johnny has top tier babyface potential. 205 Live doesn't seem like a great utilization of him, his height aside.

Then again, Johnny vs. Neville would be incredible.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Unless they're on the same brand, I don't see the problem, but if this is what it takes to kill Bayley to Belly forever, I'll kinda take that trade, honestly.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

Not a sharpshooter but more like an incredibly painful Boston Crab.

https://gfycat.com/ElectricGreedyGoat

Yeah, that's a little too awesome for her to not use.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hmmmm.

What's with this salty discharge coming from my eyes?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I've wanted Dean to do that "Hit DDT, keep the arms locked, pull them back up, gently caress YOU, second DDT." thing forever. Roode finally did it, so. He is cool.

Like, in all seriousness, I really didn't buy Roode as anything except the dude with meme music, but that match really solidified him as a very strong champ to me and Hideo was a big part of that.

His first win against Nakamura was kinda BS, but besides that it's refreshing that his championship reign has mostly just been him being really fuckin' good.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 06:15 on May 22, 2017

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Muddy Burphy posted:

I still don't see AOP's upside.

They move kinda stupidly well for how young they are, already. They're not like workrate masters or anything, but they have tons of upside.

We're about to see how much of that upside is actually them and how much of it was Revival and DIY being incredible, though.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

oatgan posted:

nxt created one of the best tag teams in the world by arbitrarily putting two guys together I don't see why they can't do it again with the talent pool they've got

I agree with oatgan, we should randomly put together Johnny Gargano with as many dudes as possible.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
They're not even the same ethnicity. One is an Albanian from the Netherlands and one is a Punjabi from Canada. :lol:

Now if AoP had come out and murdered Randy Orton, that I would've been okay with!

It's unironically kind of an awesome optical illusion though. If you really, really look at their faces, you can tell, but slap 'em in the same gear, cut their hair and their facial hair the same and stick super old super white Paul Ellering in there for contrast and they look like loving clones of each other.

MJeff fucked around with this message at 22:28 on May 22, 2017

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Hey Rovert, is Delilah Doom in this thing? Failing that, do you know anything about how her tryout went?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ahahahahahah, HHH just can't get that last half-to-a-quarter snowflake from Dave, no matter how hard he tries.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Well I just read spoilers about Ciampa's promo.

I feel like a very bad person now!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Ciampa's, ah.

Makin' some good points.

I'm sorry I replaced you with Dawson, buddy, but you coulda just thrown ME into that screen. :(

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

The_Rob posted:

Like don't get me wrong the song sucks, but it sucks in a good way.

As a player of Sonic the Hedgehog games, I am completely aware what you mean.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Yo can I get a watchlist on Sami Zayn's greatest hits in NXT. I've avoided watching Sami vs Neville for the longest time because I wanted all the context of Sami's journey and I wanna just go do it already.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

spongeh posted:

Wow. quoted for racism.

Look, all I'm saying is, he shouldn't be allowed to fly.

Unless it's through the middle rope to deliver a devastating tornado DDT!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

It is my headcanon that that the chanting was BO, LEAVE! BO, LEAVE!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
This is a very novel way to build a monster, and I'm a big fan of it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

achillesforever6 posted:

Lars Sullivan is my favorite gimmick in NXT

I was prepared to agree but wouldn't you know it, Nikki Cross showed up on my screen.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I thought Peyton's finisher was Widow's Peak.

Aphrodite posted:

I guess Billie doesn't do TV matches anymore.

I'm kinda fine with her just being Peyton's Buddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Striking in this match is :discourse:

• Locked thread