Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

achillesforever6 posted:

I need to go back to reading that thread, god it was so funny how much it escalated with every improbable event happening to let the Steelers win.

Is that the one where somebody on the Bengals took an insane unnecessary personal foul out of nowhere late in the 4th.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
You didn't know Ember Moon was an anime nerd? It's literally the second word of her name. :v:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

SamuraiFoochs posted:

That doesn't mean that her leaving without dropping the title wouldn't bury them even further. This is the same bullshit circular logic people have with Brock.

What if you just think Asuka is more important than the entire rest of the NXT Women's Division combined? :shrug:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
JOHNNY :swoon:

Johnny is good. Good as hell!

MJeff fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Aug 3, 2017

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That wasn't a great promo but Ember did okay in that segment, I think. There's a bit of the intensity she's been needing to show.

Mauro namedropping the Clarence Campbell/Prince of Wales superstition, I love it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Wow, was that really the best take for that Roddy promo?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

ShakeZula posted:

That Black Mass on Itami was one of the crispest things I've seen

If those two fight at Brooklyn, it's gonna be awesome.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

achillesforever6 posted:

Its a shame that apparently a bunch of people in the live crowd hated this match because it was too "MMA"

Sure sounds like they're digging it to me.

Either way, this match owns.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Mauro with the Tanahashi-Okada namedrop. :yum:

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

This is lunacy.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Platypus Farm posted:

"Mama Mia!"

Also w/r/t expansion in china: does WWE not realize that having a billion people doesn't matter much if only 1/4 of those people live in places that have, like, internet and money?

If you take the Jinder push as evidence, they clearly don't.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Chris James 2 posted:

Rovert was right about this, Pro Wrestling Sheet today confirmed Ciampa had shoulder surgery recently and was spotted in a sling over the weekend

So his shoulder and his knee was hosed before that Takeover? Jesus.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Kvantum posted:

That's a hell of a funny way to spell Aleister Black.

Weird way to spell Johnny Gargano.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So do we have any idea what's happening next week? Last I checked, the tapings only went up to what happened this week.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
How many Takeovers in a row have people been doubting the Takeover card on paper and then the Takeover just goes and slaughters the main roster PPV the next day anyway.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Per Dave on WOR: "For Aleister Black, they're working on this super fantastic ring entrance for him."

Get the gently caress IIIIIIIIN

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Gaz-L posted:

They might be getting the band that does his song to play live at the arena for him.

I'm conflicted on that because NXT doesn't have a bigger event than Takeover Brooklyn, but man shouldn't you save that for when he goes for the title?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Based on the rumors of fast tracking, he may never go for the NXT Title.

I can't wait for the giant Baphomet at Mania.

Look, Okada got a raptor, WWE has to fire back or they look weak.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
What a nightmare. They're gonna be so busted up on sleep before the biggest night of their year.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

When do we get a NXT Champion under 30 and/or from Merica?

Joh -- holy poo poo, he's 30.

Uhhhhhh.

Adam Cole Baybay?

Bate. It should be Bate.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sasha's voice must be auto-tuned to hell because I've tried so hard to hear her voice in that theme and I just can't.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Cavauro posted:

a credible source tells me that Asuka broke her own collarbone in the hotel bathroom on sunday morning to avoid being called up

"Bayley: This is Your Life?!"

*slams her own neck into a dryer*

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So, in kayfabe, is the Eclipse a move that could hurt the collarbone?

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Becky hasn't had a singles feud since Alexa, who left the show half a year ago. I get why she's frustrated.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

NickRoweFillea posted:

Came here to remind you all how cool Aleister Black is. Well, bye.

Good post, this. Hell of a post.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Phenix Rising posted:

So if Cole, Fish, and O'Reilly are planning to take over NXT (assumed by accumulating titles), will they add a woman to their group to go after the women's title?

All the women they auditioned got as far as "So, you'd have to wrestle Nikki Cross and Asuka," before they immediately walked out.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Roque11 posted:

So now the new big storyline is Cole, Fish and O'Reilly taking over NXT. Remember when NXT use to be a developmental territory instead of always relying on outsiders? So tell me who has the performance center produced since ooneing up over 4 years ago?

As long as talented people are getting opportunities, who the gently caress cares where they learned how to wrestle.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

Going by the story they told during the Almas match Ciama will continue to haunt Gargano from beyond the grave.

If this doesn't lead to him freaking out when he sees Lorcan, then HHH is a HACK!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

rovert posted:

Put two generic branding type words together that have little to no relationship to each other and you might get close.

Don't expect something as clean as "The Shield" that's all.

So you're telling me they didn't go with the rovertaholics.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
That's kinda messed up. Unlucky injury, gets dropped from Sanity, nothing for him when he gets back, he gets cut. :/

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I gotta say, 100% of these releases having a very tangible connection to some kind of injury is an extremely bad look for WWE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Nikki Cross better count too after the bump she took to win 'em!

• Locked thread