Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

real question, outside of Joe in a rematch, who do does everyone see being able to beat Nakamura for the NXT title that's either on the NXT roster or rumored to come in? I'm having trouble seeing who could with how everyone's been booked up to this.

Hideo or Roode are the only reasonable options, and it will probably be Hideo to have dat indy dream match and then Bobby takes the belt off Hideo when he goes up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I want Roode and Dillinger's run at this tournament to lead to a singles feud where Tye goes over and moves toward a long push toward an NXT title win. I don't care if he's old, DDP was old and he became on of the biggest stars in wrestling. People keep saying that Roode/Nakamura isn't really a match anyone cares to see, so use Roode to get over somebody who could actually benefit from the win, and invest in making a sort-of NXT guy the focus on NXT again.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Two words: Beth Pheonix.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Venomous posted:

If they're really bringing in Rush and Volador Jr., an Almas/Nakamura feud might well work in the same way that Reigns/Styles worked so well. Otherwise, they're going to throw Roode at Nakamura and it will be glorious.

Screw Roode/Nakamura, I want Dillinger/Nakamura. He spent so much time as a jobber, but now he's red hot. This is the perfect time to redo Sami's storyline using the momentum he would get by beating Roode. Have him go on a big quest all the way to the next Takeover, beating all the dudes who crushed him along the way, all the former champions (except Joe), with Sami himself coming last to complete the parallel. Have him ultimately face the invincible Nakamura for the strap and achieve the impossible. Put NXT back in the hands of someone the crowd sees as an NXT guy instead of an Indy Name.

10/10

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

keevo posted:

Is Takeover going to have another match? Seems like most Takeovers usually have five or six matches while there are only four as of now.

Roode v Dillenger, Nakamura v Joe 2, Asuka v James, Tag Classic Finals... yeah.

Basic Logic would indicate that we're going to get Revival vs DIY 3 for the tag straps. We might also get some kind of resolution for the Liv v Aussie Mean Girls feud? Probably a tag match with Liv pairing with Ember Moon.

I mean, they have a lot of pieces to play with. Sanity, Aries, Roddy and Almas are all in play. If they have a sweet debut in the wings, now would be a good time to do it by matching up against one of them. Preferably Aries, the others probably can't afford a high-profile loss since they're just starting to get heel momentum.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I don't really understand all the negativity this forum has toward NXT these days. The complaints literally shift week-by-week as a previous complaint gets addressed and suddenly the real problem with the show is the opposite of what it used to be.

Their time management kind of blows, I'll give you that. The build toward Toronto felt pretty much done the week Joe and Nakamura had their pull apart brawl and things have stretched since then. And if there are three pointless filler episodes after Toronto I'm going to be pissed. But the content is great and I really don't understand where most of you are coming from when you say things like the Tag Division is thin or the week-by-week shows don't feel like they're building toward anything or that Joe and Nakamura are "too good."

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Baron Corbyn posted:

That's why I'm a fan of Sports Entertainment :smug:

I'm in the wrasslin' business! :D

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Benne posted:

I think Sanity will ultimately succeed or fail based on how fast Fulton and Wolfe develop. They've been anonymous jobbers forever, and still kinda wrestle with that mentality that they're not supposed to win or feel important. Hopefully a push and newfound purpose on the show will help boost their confidence, and give us reactions beyond "oh, it's Sawyer Fulton" when they're in the ring.

Maybe that'll happen, maybe it won't, but NXT has surprised us before. Jason Jordan was almost a lost cause before he teamed up with Gable, and now he's earning main-roster checks. Tye Dillinger escaped the "C.J. Parker Spot" to become an actual character with actual feuds. There's precedent for unexpected magic to happen here, so I'll be rooting for the light to eventually turn on with Fulton and Wolfe.

But not Angelo Dawkins. He just sucks.

I don't really have any doubt Sanity will pull it out. Eric Young is a workhorse and a gimmick expert on nearly unparalleled versatility, if he can't get them to figure it out they can't learn and I feel like they would have been filtered before this if they were that bad. Plus they have the crazy lady and she seems great. She's kind of going at it too hard right now, like how Dana used to do her dumb sexy pose five times per entrance, but once she pumps the brakes I think she'll be right on point.

I actually like Dawkins as an obnoxious lower-midcard heel. His lovely nearly-nonsensical catchphrases and taunts, and the fact that he seems to keep adding more and more on every week, is oddly endearing as a parody of modern PERSONAL BRAND focused athletes. NXT will always need a whipping boy jobber. The only real problem with him in that role is he's a bit large for it, and if he's obnoxious enough it won't matter.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Benne posted:

I feel like someone on the writing team just watched Fury Road and was like "oh poo poo, this Furiosa gimmick is money. WE GOTTA HAVE ALL OUR NEW WOMEN TALENT BE FURIOSA."

I am not complaining in the least, by the way.

Ember Moon isn't Furiosa, she's Werewolf Glacier, get it right.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

I thought Takeover was really quite good. The tag match was gangbusters, the women's match did an amazing job of teasing Cross v Asuka one on one and made Peyton and Billie really effective as heels for denying the audience the match they wanted to see by double-dealing both of the "strong" women, and Roode vs Nakamura blew my expectations away, very awesome old school NWA style psychology which Bobby played to perfection and Shinsuke worked through without creating a clash of styles problem.

It was obviously a transitional show to set up the Mania takeover, but frankly I'm fine with that. I wanted NXT to return to that long form story telling and this signaled that they are to me.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Dr. Dirt posted:

If NXT is becoming TNA, then when is Scott Steiner coming in to teach everybody maths?

He just missed his arch-nemesis Smo' Joe! Now we'll never know how heavy or not the guy is! :smith:

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

WWE NXT Discussion & GDT: Pushing Fat Guys Behind Vince's Back

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Go RV! posted:

create the tag team Murphy & Murphy

Their finisher can be a dropkick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Who knows where its at~

Basic Chunnel posted:

has Molly Holly played heel before? Would smarks, who probably know her reputation as the Percy Pringle of women's wrestling, buy her as one?

Molly heel run was great and she had a great Mania match with Trish. I think it was title vs hair to blow off a long feud too.

• Locked thread