Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I think Tye needs to be called up, or at least given a mini push on NXT tv first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I've honestly been finding the current month or so of NXT pretty fun and watchable. Mid 2016 was probably the creative lowpoint with the Joe/Finn forever feuding and a load of people just waiting to shuffle out the door through the draft, but now they're actually developing the women and stuff like Almas/Cedric and the Joe/Regal angle has been quality. And now we have the tag classic starting up again, which made Revival/AA the first time round.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Is ZZ still with them? Mandy 'hired explicitly for Total Divas' Rose being the only one to get good enough in ring to even make NXT tv is pretty funny.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Ruggington posted:

zz got dropped a few months ago and daria has been on nxt tv and is cool

Oh right, Daria was on Tough Enough for so little time I completely forgot her.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Benne posted:

If they have to keep the stupid rematch clause, they should do it on the first TV episode after the Takeover. Just get it over with and get some new contenders in the mix, and oh hey your champ is actually wrestling on TV and you have a quality main event to promote. Instead, they just book the rematch for the next Takeover and everybody's gotta spend another 2-3 months with their thumbs up their asses.

Balor, Joe and Nakamura have been going around in circles for over a year now and it's strangled the life out of the men's singles division. Stop dragging this poo poo out and let's get some real storyline progression going.

The problem with doing the rematch the next night is it becomes a foregone conclusion, jut like it does on RAW when they rematch half the PPV card every time. Rematches should be a big deal, built to properly and the outcome sold as unknown, the problem is having 4 month gaps between them.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I watched NXT, it was fine if clearly the result of taping a house show. I like whatever this Peyton/Billie pissing off the whole womens locker room thing is turning into and I wish they would give some promo/backstage time/any character at all to guys like Lorcan & Strong. Damo is a hairy scary fat man. Thanks NXT for making sure that Bull Dempsey will not be missed.

Blasmeister fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Dec 15, 2016

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Shine posted:

I want very badly for Tye to be #10 at the Rumble, and for him to at some point get a bullshit win in a non-title match against the NXT champion via the most cheered count-out in wrestling history. They can do whatever they want with him at that point; just let those two moments happen.

:agreed:

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

rovert posted:

Same.

The problem with NXT is it is basically becoming TNA under the WWE umbrella:

Former TNA champion is their champion
Former TNA champion wins opening match
Former TNA champion is a leader of the stable
The stable has little heat
The woman lack a lot
An Asian woman is the best worker just like Gail Kim was the best worker there
Tom and Bryon are a less annoying Josh and Pope
Their biggest crowds come from PPVs, house shows draw disappointing numbers

This is a stretch.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

rovert posted:

Same win/loss record. Similar suffocating presence on their Divsions given how strongly they are booked.

But let's go back to discussing the hip, cool, vibrant brand with characters we are emotionally connected to. NXT is no way like a TNA tribute fed.

HHH unlike Hogan, thought Bobby Roode was ready, brother.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Tell me more about the YOLO twins

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

The little goodbye Corey highlight package was really sweet. Very easy to watch ep of NXT tonight even if it was partly recaps.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

ironic that his opponent was Blink 182: the wrestler

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I can't believe Regal is going to ban the Brogue Kick

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

rovert posted:

The women's scene is kind of exploding.

#ThankyouSteph

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

The_Rob posted:

That Asuka video package was really drat cool. Asuka rules.

First part of it felt like what they're going to start using to hype her on the main roster. I hope she beats the streak before she drops the belt.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

keevo posted:

Why Peyton instead of Billie?

She's a lot better

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I assume the tournament won't actually have main roster women in it (possibly not current NXT talent either?), and that's just a publicity photo, cause that would seriously limit their ability to showcase new talent without putting them over all their current workers.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Aphrodite posted:

Has the WWE ever done the polite guy with rage issues thing before? It seems so obvious and simple but I can't think of any.

Waylon Mercy?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

I know it was because they were setting up to take the double-team finisher, but I still love that the two guys seem to hug each other in fear just before the match finishes :allears:

Can you blame them?

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Bard Maddox posted:

not thanking norman???

not actually sasha's account.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Cool and good.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

The_Rob posted:

Even though NXT has been pretty good recently, they went through a long time of being pretty mediocre, and not having that same brand recognition as wwe means that if fans leave the product they are likely gone for good.

Yeah without a big 4 PPV alongside it to bring in the hardcore and overseas fans the damage Nxt took from the brand split roster gutting and general creative stagnation in 2016 is going to take a little while to turn numbers around. See: people having to be begged to watch the weekly shows again despite them being v. good lately.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Benne posted:

Should we use this thread to post about the UK show

I just posted a thread

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Midnightghoul posted:

Is he still alive?

Terminal case of broken heart

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

freud mayweather posted:

I enjoyed Roode and Itami calling back to the finish of Roode/Nakamura 1, to the point where I bought the near fall so hard I yelled "fuckin bullshit" like the Iron Sheik. Then Itami kicked out of Roode's finisher and boy did I have egg on my face. Great match.

I liked Roode getting his karmic payback for working Nakamura's bad leg two matches in a row when he got his shoulder rammed into the post (with appropriate theatric 'OH GOD' sell)and Itami started attacking it right back. Bobby roode is really good, you guys.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Ohno/Black was very good. Love me some no selling

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

I'm happy for Mauro.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Great match, i'm going to miss Nikki Cross, who is dead now.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Gaz-L posted:

You don't see how saying "Yeah, this chicks are all losers that aren't good enough to beat the champion so she's going to vacate so the crap tier girls get a chance" kills the division? Like, it may even be true but you're supposed to pretend that your challengers are somewhat credible.

Like, if Brock vacated the Universal title because he's beaten every challenger and no-one on the roster is good enough to face him, then congratulations, you just buried EVERY MAN IN THE COMPANY.

They do have an out to this if they do it before the Mae Young Classic women get put into NXt or whatever they plan to do with them after, and can build the division around them competing for the vacant belt without treating them as obviously inferior to Asuka.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Nikki Cross isn't on Asuka's level and had like 4 matches total before her title match. They made the right call.

Wazzu posted:

The fans don't hate Asuka, they don't want her to lose, nobody is in her league, they want Asuka to win forever. Or at least don't want her to lose in NXT.

Yes, this.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Boo, I guess this delays her callup. There goes most of my motivation to watch Raw and smackdown this week.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Please not RAW she's already killed everyone on that roster but Sasha. Give me Asuka vs Becky/Charlotte/Natty/Naomi

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Well it's better than those at least, dang

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

This is the oddest basis for a feud but i'm into it.

Eltoasto posted:

Belair has tons of potential, I really enjoyed that match. Evans is fine, it looks like they are still working on the gimmick, it's getting better.

more leg sweeps, imo. have her just be Blaze from streets of rage.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Great main event, very good episode overall. Stuff i'm interested in all the way up and down the card.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Aichner's running springboard was very impressive.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Don't make this weird, ruby. She's your bff now. Be happy about it.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Yeah I'm fine with a transitional undeserving heel reign to buffer the Joshi supremacy reigns a little, and Peyton's a solid talker with a good look and will be able to have a decent match with the workrate stars. Nikki would be fine too but seems to be in like 3 storylines already and turning face.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

DoctorDelaware posted:

I dig Moss & Tino's tag finisher. Too bad everything else about them sucks. (And even that move is something that would be done better by...nearly everyone else.)

Hey now. They have good theme music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

Just watch every takeover you missed, they're all good. And then the weekly show from the last takeover onwards is probably fine.

• Locked thread