Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

(I know TM61 exist, but... like, the AoP just obliterated them like job guys. And they weren't clicking with people even before that.)

TM61 feel like they're the tag team equivalent of Apollo Crews; indie darlings everyone's excited to see at first, but they just never get any time or focus so they die. Then again, Gargano and Ciampa were outright jobbers for most of the past year, so maybe TM61 will get their time in the sun next year sometime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

MysticalMachineGun posted:

B-b-but Newcastle! Canberra!

Apparently they only had time for two fake cities on the tour, not three.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

pressedbunny posted:

Still don't understand why Blake & Murphy are singles now.

They needed singles jobbers more than tag team jobbers.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Cutler more like Cutthosesideburnsoff-ler

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Does Nipples Guy have a clipart picture of a roast chicken on his rear end?

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
these hype ads for them make me expect Sanity to end up being the shittiest TNA-DX-ripoff-rear end stable possible

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Aaliyah making a bold new entry to the "most CAW-rear end music" competition

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Liv Morgan's ok but that finisher sucked. What was it even supposed to be?

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

This probably means the rumoured Takeover Melbourne isn't happening, right? gently caress.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Ember Moon's theme song should have a video of some 80s dudes working out.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I get that the 61 is the Australian international phone code, but what's the TM for now?
e: also they should deffo come to the ring in a rusty Holden with one door that's a different colour to the rest of the car

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

It's still "The Mighty", hence "we are The Mighty and The Mighty don't kneel".

The Mighty 61? That makes no sense, even by WWE tag team name standards.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

KungFu Grip posted:

That turned out to be Billie Kay's reason right

I thought it was Dana Brooke? Her old ones got destroyed by Asuka's rear end, so she had to get new ones.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Eltoasto posted:

Your examples are Dana and Billie Kay and you think they get a bigger push? Who else has had them recently?

Dana's now attached to Charlotte on Raw, and Billie Kay has actual entrance music now. Compared to what they had before, they are technically getting a bigger push.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I'm so glad Bobby Roode kept his wizard robe.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Tweak posted:

I forget, was there a kayfabe or otherwise reason as to why the CWC didn't have anyone from the main roster, and only 2 people from NXT despite plenty meeting the weight restriction? I ask this since you could argue the main roster is all fighting for the heavyweight championship, but you couldn't really say that for a women's tournament. In general I'm sure the reason is to elevate new stars people might not know, even if everyone watching the CWC probably knows Gargano & Ciampa.

Technically Swann is also from NXT, despite having I think one tv appearance 6 months ago. The point was to bring in new people and get them known before the Cruiserweight division starts on Raw. If they just brought in, say, Jack Gallagher and had him wrestle Neville people would just wonder who this Vaudevillain looking jobber is, whereas now they can say "oh he's the guy who got to the third round of the CWC, here's some clips" and people suddenly (theoretically) care about the match. They've already got that recognition for the Raw and NXT guys, so they don't need them to be in the CWC.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
the best part of that PC guy's promo was when they cut from the imposing, dramatic shots of his muscles and him pumping iron to his tiny baby head and plump kissable lips

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
So is Patrick Clarke's gimmick that he's desperately searching for a gimmick?

e: lol Dan Matha looks loving terrified on his way to the ring

dordreff fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Oct 6, 2016

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

It's also gonna have a steel cage match between Joe and Nakamura and I'm REALLY loving glad I'm going to this show

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I liked Nikki when she actually did wrestling moves but the biting and poo poo was really dumb and bad and needs to stop. Just be tiny and vicious and leave it at that.Having the referee reverse the decision also really pulled me out of the match and I hate it a lot. Is it a new rule that attacking the opponent after the match mean the decision is reversed ? Why didn't Tye win last week's match if that's suddenly a rule? Or if it only applies in this one case, why? Stupid nonsense booking.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I want Otis to have wrestling gear that says "HERE COMES A SPECIAL BOY"

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Less Governables

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

-Are all the non-Asuka women terrible? Why don't they just sign Candice Lerae now that her husband is on NXT?

Ember Moon is good but she's disappeared for some reason. Some of the others have good potential, like the Australian girls and Tough Enough Daria, but aren't there yet. Otherwise it's pretty loving bare.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

MacDougall posted:

I still haven't seen this Oney Lorcan dude. What's his dealio?

He's not allowed to get wet, exposed to bright light, or be fed after midnight.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I hope AoP don't take the titles, because they are boring. I hope Heavy Machinery do, because they are not boring.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Solus posted:

I really enjoy the bitchy australians.

Yeah. I'm looking forward to when them loving over Daria comes back to bite them in the rear end

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

Now you've got me thinking about who could be there and now I'm worried they'll have Foley on commentary to continue being weird about women.

With Lawler as his co-commentator

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
I'm in Melbourne waiting for nxt live tonight and just walked past a store advertising a meet and greet worth buddy Murphy. Even the advertisement was just like 'yeah, just him. Sorry'

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Just got out of nxt melbourne. I won't post the match card or anything since at least some of it was taped for the network, but it was extremely excellent to be part of a crowd drowning out Elias Samson's singing by chanting 'shut the gently caress up'

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Baron Corbyn posted:

It's almost midnight in Australia and that last guy posted he just got out the show so I think it already happened.

Yeah, it already happened.
Spoiler for nxt championship match: Nakamura retains the championship

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Stanfield posted:

Just some good old-fashioned heeling, getting annoyed when the crowd was goading him, that kind of stuff. Nothing spectacular but more than I expected from the Drifter. Also when the announcer said the main event would be a six-man tag everyone booed, so when he came out the Drifter said the six-man tag was his idea.

He was pretty fun at the Melbourne show too. Made a big show of us not deserving his special song he wrote, then when we all cheered that he sang it anyway. He's still not great in-ring but his heel game is very strong.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Genuinely upset by Young Boy Tom's horrific pronunciation of "Yarra"

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Yeah, the 10 chants were out in force at NXT Melbourne, and probably other Australia shows as well. It's definitely getting momentum, probably coming from the Toronto shows. But it's hardly the worst thing in the world to have people chant for someone, especially when they do seem to have a need for guys like Tye who can consistently put on good matches and eat loss after loss and keep on getting cheered.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
He should get the countout win in next week's fatal four-way match. I know it probably won't be him, but it really should be.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

abraham linksys posted:

Also, on January 4, they'll be airing at least part of the Melbourne show:

Since it's not mentioned there, the Melbourne matches were:
Liv Morgan vs Billie Kay vs Ember Moon - triple threat
Buddy Murphy vs Andrade Almas
Oney Lorcan vs that Prince cosplayer, I forget his name
Tye Dillinger and Wesley Blake vs Bobby Roode and Elias Samson - tag team match
Revival vs Tino Sabbatelli and Riddick Moss for the #1 contendership
#DIY vs TM61 for the tag team championships
Asuka vs Peyton Royce for the women's championship
Joe vs Nakamura

Presumably they won't air all of them, since it was a 3 hour show, but most of the matches were good to great.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

tnimark posted:

Fixed it. Easy mistake to make.

Whoops! Literally the only time they're not interchangeable, too.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
what if Tye debuts at #11

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Disappointed they cut part of Samson's song, probably due to the endless "SHUT THE gently caress UP" chants. I do like the return of the running "Buddy Murphy's life sucks" joke, though.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
Aside from the tag division, NXT is definitely not doing enough outside the title scenes, which have been pretty barren for a long time. The Men's Title scene just being Joe/Nakamura for so long got boring despite all the matches being excellent, and it's not getting better with the way they seem to insist on all their non-title matches being either 'big indie guy vs other big indie guy' or 'debuting big indie guy vs clear jobber' with very little buildup or storyline. The women's scene has just been dire since Bayley got called up. There's no-one who presents a credible threat to Asuka at the moment, and their best potential condender (Ember Moon) is stuck playing sidekick to Liv Morgan with no real focus.
I also hate that they usually don't even try to introduce any of their debuting indie guys; Roderick Strong and Big Damo both came on as just "oh my god phillips it's this guy! wow, how amazing!" which leaves people who haven't watched their work before with nothing to go on. It doesn't help the wrestlers, either; look at Andrade Almas' reception, for example. As a whole, NXT basically just seems to be coasting along on their reputation of "the good wrestling show" without actually doing anything to earn it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013
If changing his name means they'll actually introduce him and not just go "OH MY GOD WHAT IS CHRIS HERO DOING AT FULL SAIL" like with loving everyone else then I'm all for it.

• Locked thread