Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

VJeff posted:

I'm conflicted on that because NXT doesn't have a bigger event than Takeover Brooklyn, but man shouldn't you save that for when he goes for the title?

Based on the rumors of fast tracking, he may never go for the NXT Title.

I can't wait for the giant Baphomet at Mania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

blACkockatrice

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Wazzu posted:

It took the Young Bucks even longer than that if I recall, before they really started to develop their bizarre meta indy T shirt salesmen gimmick.

I have 0 belief that Dawkins will ever not be awful, though.

He's the starch of the team – filling without providing anything you would want to eat alone. Dawkins exists solely to keep us from burning out on the greatness of Montez Ford.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Dijak is the lamest mother fucker

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Really good episode. Main event was a hell of a match and we got to see two amazing elbow drops.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

The_Rob posted:

I'm bummed Rush had to get taken out for the feud, but for something I had no hopes about this has become the most compelling angle they've done in a while. It's such a simple concept of putting two complete opposites together. I'm glad they're just running with it.

I like that the feud is retconning all of Patrick Clark's bad gimmicks (and maybe even his Tough Enough stint) because the basis is that he just wants attention so he's trying to be provocative. I actually think it would be less successful if Dream had debuted as is because then Black would look like a prick ragging on him for who he is.

I hope it ends with Black accepting Dream for who he is and forming Black Velvet to win the Dusty.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Battle royal was rad, Velveteen Dream going full slasher film on the ramp was perfect, and Power Trip providing a Takeover theme. NXT is great again.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

War Games is going to be awesome because AoP has yet to have a bad stipulation match and Sanity is great at just wild swarming brawls. The verbal quitting doesn't work with three teams anyways if they aren't doing elimination. Also this:

flashy_mcflash posted:

How much of a herb do you have to be to not be excited about Bobby Fish entering the ring from a crane. Like for real.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Sigma posted:

Poor Sawyer

Imagine getting injured right before the faction you are in heated up

Honestly, the faction might not have heated up without his injury. Dane taking his spot was a big development for them and Fulton was definitely the weakest wrestler of the group so he'd just hamper them.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

I've never done such a fast 180 on a dude like I have with Velveteen Dream. He has such good intensity now and it's easy to forget that he is huge.

Also, yes, Roddy definitely needs a tiny AoP outfit for War Games.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Wait wait wait we're going about this all wrong.

We need Akam and Rezar in trunks, track jackets, and lovely little boots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

he knows...

Never because we are all hyped for Bobby Fish in a shark cage and Aleister Black finally touching the Velveteen Dream.

• Locked thread