Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

After that last TakeOver it occurred to me I really don't watch enough NXT and need to change that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Codependent Poster posted:

I think there's a word to describe his theme song, but I'm blanking on it. Something... with "ous" in it... Glamorous? Hm, no, not quite it...

Fabulous?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

So speaking as someone who doesn't usually watch weekly NXT - since you can watch TakeOver on the Network and on Hulu, who exactly needs these recaps?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

abraham linksys posted:

the wrestlers, who do not want to do another round of taping two days after a massive event, and the production team, who do not want to edit together an episode in 24 hours

That does make sense, and I guess just putting more dark matches on the TakeOver card to try and fill the episode would run the risk of exhausting the live crowd.

Super No Vacancy posted:

nxt has tv contracts in other countries iirc

Huh. Did not know that.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

VJeff posted:

I do quite appreciate that the booking of that match was "Bayley spent tons of time scouting the Asuka Lock, successfully broke it, unfortunately didn't scout getting kicked in the face really loving hard."

Yeah, I thought it was a good followup to the previous two TakeOvers. She's cognizant of the move that took her down in Dallas, but failed to take into consideration what destroyed Nia Jax at The End. Meanwhile Asuka gets to look like a multi-threat in the ring.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

abraham linksys posted:

welp the revival just called out 3 Smackdown teams so they're the 8th team in the Smackdown Tag Title tournament

loving RIP Heath Slater

But... but what about Heath's 37,568 children and their above-ground pool? :negative:

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

Authors of Pain look like Vince got so fed up with the repeated failed gimmicks of the Shining Stars and started testing military strength experimental steroids on them.

And also gave them some more compelling characters as "big guys who are big."

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Capsaicin posted:

goddamn I love Nakamura's theme so much. Apparently, they based it off of Final Fantasy final boss fights.

That is maybe the least surprising thing I've ever read, but in a good way. They absolutely nailed that feeling.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

St Evan Echoes posted:

If you're at a house show The Revival are who you want, because they work almost as hard in front of 150 people as they do in front of 15,000

So you're saying they work hard all day and all night?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Jay 2K Winger posted:

Cutler looks like Ron Perlman was cast to play Wolverine.

I was wondering what seemed so familiar about him. Spot-on.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

"I kicked him in the head with my sockless loafers." - Hideo Itami, 2016

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

Go RV! posted:

Aliyah's gear and music is a million times better this week.

...are those tiny alien heads on her hips?

Certainly looks like it.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

We're never going to hear Nakamura's theme without the crowd singing it again, are we?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

sticklefifer posted:

I really want them to do something different with Gargano and Ciampa. Have them rise up the ranks of NXT, then WWE, with everyone thinking they're going to split and one is going to turn against the other. But no, friendship prevails and they're BFFs forever, and sometimes they challenge each other to singles matches because it's fun.

And then in the ultimate swerve Gargano turns on Ciampa at the Hall of Fame induction!

• Locked thread