Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

OP is glorious

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Canberra is just a made up city, constructed to fool people across the globe when naming Sydney as the capital. And yet, it is on the list so it must be better than Adelaide.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I hate to do this to you VJeff but...the announcers lied to you, this wasn't filmed after Takeover at all

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Nice that he could pass on some advice to spry youngster Samoa Joe.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

MrBling posted:

I'm assuming there is some sort of long-term plan with Andrade Almas/La Sombra but I'm not really feeling him too much yet.

If you bring in a coolguy luchador and you plan on unmasking him anyway, how about actually bringing him in masked and then have him get unmasked during his first feud. Would make a natural progression for him and give him a reason for fighting.

The intro videos for him kind of gave off this vibe, but they should have followed it up with some masked dudes talking poo poo to him. Have Kalisto tell him that being unmasked is a bad wrestling thing. Can the current Sin Cara speak english?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Baltimore is a touring date, you should get all the stars. Jacksonville is a $10 local show so that spoiled rear end idiot can get hosed.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Show is already a 10

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Aliyah still VERY green, but i did like that submission.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I didn't have a problem with it for KO or Sasha, but was kind of odd for Nakamura since he was a top guy for so long in Japan.

But I mean, what are you gonna do, NOT chant something?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Do any of the current women have their base in wrestling like she does? It would be interesting to have a woman with that style, just throwing people around.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

How large of a venue is the Osaka show? They seem to run a wild variety of size venues.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I am still undecided on TM61

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Former Rosebud Leah Von

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Oh man, we get a GarChomp tag match at the live CWC, as if it wasn't going to be good enough already.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

jesus christ that bump

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Gaz-L posted:

I wonder if that's where they do the turn.

Ciampa would never turn on his friend!

Hate to see Cien lose, but NXT booking is pretty classic and with Itami and Nakamura getting face pushes, this is his role right now. Hopefully he has a Becky leprechaun style awakening to wrestle more of his old style when his push comes.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

The stars of NXT in one pic :swoon:

https://twitter.com/WWEDillinger/status/774361403897569280

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Your examples are Dana and Billie Kay and you think they get a bigger push? Who else has had them recently?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

keevo posted:

Alexa Bliss is perfect in every way possible.

No boob job though, so she'll never get a push.

Or, perhaps, maybe some of these women are finally making some money and deciding to get them. Pretty sure Dana had them before NXT, but I'm not sure which man forced her to get them. I mean, do you think that they have forced Stephanie to get multiple boob jobs?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Dr. rear end posted:

Don't be gross dude you know that women can decide to get them on their own right

That was my point Doctor rear end! Anyways, it's showtime so we can discuss actual wrestling and stuff.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Jerusalem posted:

I can only assume that Joe's change of heart is genuine and not an evil plot at all, so I hope Shinsuke lets his guard down!

You were right! They are friends who respect each other now!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

OH NO!

lmao he sold hurting his hand on Joe's hard head

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Let us enjoy how adorable Liv is, she shall only be with us for a short time longer.

Glad she is getting a match with Asuka to test her progress though.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I never thought you were a 9, Tye

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

How did Tino look? Seems like he is getting more work in front of crowds. As for the posters, it probably varies by show. For Indy I think only the signed ones sold out, but it was a tiny show.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

IcePhoenix posted:

How much were they?

Ehhhh unsigned was $25 and i forget what the signed ones were, I think $75 or so.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Joe breaking HIPAA regulations, what a heel

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

wow Aliyah still isn't there as far as movement goes, but she has improved her offense a ton.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Baby Babbeh posted:

Roman Reigns only barely does Hunico's deadlift powerbomb spot.

No you see, he invented the Half Hunico Powerbomb.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Starting off with Tye is just going to kill the rest of the show.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Phenix Rising posted:

Is there a reason outside of her look that she gets associated with Eva? Do they have a history? I do it too, but I think I'm just being superficial.

Total Divas tried to mash them together, but Mandy didn't work out because she actually is rather normal and that's terrible reality tv.

E: Liv's pants would never kneel for the anthem

Eltoasto fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Sep 29, 2016

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Well she's got a point

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Match doesn't have much heat, they really need to give the CWC guys characters when putting them in NXT matches, I don't think the crowd knows who to root for.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/781530932700471296

Hell yeah

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Team dancing!

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/782588750308270080

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

I mean I'm sure the Ms Best in the Galaxy competition had some physical components to it.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Spermgod posted:

they still having the PC guys work each other on the undercards while the indie superstars work each other in the main events?

Well Riddick Moss just broke Itami at a house show, so maybe they should.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Baron Corbyn posted:

Eh, I'm not feeling these teams of thrown together CWC guys. The whole thing feels a little half assed. Was there no established indie team who could come in and add a little prestige? I'd honestly much prefer to see a main roster team like AA/The Club/The Usos go down to Full Sail to put the tournament (and DIY/Revival) over as a big deal than see Gulak/Nese or Ali/Dorado coming in as teams that are pretty much guaranteed to go out in round 1.

Well 6 of the 16 teams are established tag teams, who will all probably end up winning their match and ending up being 6 of the 8 2nd round teams. Hell, a lot of those 1st round matches won't even be on TV.

As for prestige, I can't think of any established indie tag teams that aren't signed to a restricted deal that could come in and be a bigger deal. I mean I am sure there are talented tag teams out there, but if the main nxt crowd hasn't heard of them, then they don't add any prestige.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Well I counted Sanity as an established tag team, which they kind of are, they aren't guys thrown together. Yeah Bollywood Boys may not make it to round 2. I'd prefer they use the tournament to build a star tag team, but they DID give the 2015 win to a thrown together team, putting over the Mechanics/Revival along the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Patrick has been training longer than the other tough enough guys, but he still handled himself pretty well in there.

I like the new gear but Peyton still got that dang flower. At least is smelling it less and lookin good.

• Locked thread