Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

RealFoxy posted:

Those pictures are fine, cute even. But that twitter account is one of those horrible roleplay accounts that roleplays with other NXT roleplay accounts and its loving creepy

Wasn't there one that roleplayed Roman Reigns's 8 year old daughter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Basic Chunnel posted:

I mean all things being equal, there would probably be a few in attendance who recognized Young's weird wheelbarrow neckbreaker from TNA, but not enough and not quickly enough to start a chant. It's literally a "we read dirtsheets" chant. At least when people count visual pinfalls or whatever they're ostensibly serving the story in the ring.

Really? I recognized him from the jacket. It's pretty distinct looking and he was wearing it in his last appearance. Also the house show thing. Full Sail's crowd is often insufferable, but I'm not seeing it in this instance. It's not like they were chanting JBL.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Grozz Nuy posted:

He's really good and I think he could be huge in WWE with the right presentation/push.

Which in WWE terms means he'll be Baron Corbin's sidekick in a year.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I actually really like what they're doing with Billie/Peyton lately and I hope they reach a level where they're credible against Asuka.

Stanfield posted:

My problem with Sanity is I'm not really sure what their gimmick is. I don't remember Wolfe and Fulton doing anything particularly interesting last week and Eric Young hasn't done anything interesting at all. Nikki's the only one who actually seems to have a character but even then it's not really solid. She beats people up after matches so it seems like it's meant to be that she's really violent, but then in her match she wasn't violent at all, she just bit her hand and stuff like that between regular wrestling moves. If their characters are that they're 'crazy' (which is bad in itself because just being 'crazy' without any other personality always ends up being poo poo) then how come Nikki's the only acting 'crazy' while Wolfe and Fulton actively try to stop her and Eric Young does nothing? Not to mention how the seriousness is undercut every time they drag Nikki off someone because it just highlights how tiny she is and makes her look like a child throwing a tantrum and not a post-apocalyptic meth-head or whatever she's meant to be.

They really need a promo or a vignette something to explain what their characters are.

Yeah, so far it's just "look at our gimmick". Which is fine for week one, but by week 2 they need to put them on the mic and give them an actual ethos or purpose (or the old Shield-style videos released by the stable itself), tell us why they're here and what they're all about. But show up and just beat people up in Mad Max cosplay, and it's whatever. So far they have no individual personalities, and they need to establish that very quickly.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I wonder if this is their way of humbling Patrick Clark and seeing if he's truly a company man. I know Tough Enough probably embellished a lot of personality traits but he seemed like an entitled prick who thought he was a big deal and everything he said was transparently what WWE wanted to hear.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If Sanity finds their legs and the Wyatts get Mary Dobson, that could be a really fun stable war someday.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Primus - My Name Is Mud (Grimdark Remix).mp3

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Nikki Cross chewed the scenery too much.

I kinda liked her tearing at her own face mid-match, and hitting EY. But yeah, she did ALL THE CRAZY QUIRKS instead of spreading out one weird quirk per segment.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

spongeh posted:

Main roster titantrons are just words now too. They've moved away from the showing moves type.
Yeah, I started noticing this a while ago. It's either words or a logo now. I think it started with Orton's IN MY VEINS. I don't know if it's because it's easier to edit video packages around or because nobody looks at tron videos anymore, but it's been happening for a while now.

SunshineDanceParty posted:

Who really got screwed were Dana Brooke and Carmella. Brooke botches every match in hilarious new ways, and Carmella just needs a whole new character.
I actually like what they're doing with Carmella. Putting Nikki up against a rookie who's sick of the last remaining Johnny Ace glam model Divas division relic is a pretty good angle.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

SunshineDanceParty posted:

I think just a change of theme song could help her a lot.

Something I can't believe they haven't learned yet is that you need the song to start immediately to get the fans' attention. Hers should start with the verse when the beat kicks in. Instead it's the stinger, the solo bass melody, then the beat kicks in, which doesn't hype anyone up. Nobody gets a pop when the music isn't loud and catchy immediately. AJ Styles of all people has the same problem with the slow Hammond organ intro - if it started with the BOOM "They don't want none" it'd work way better.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

beggar posted:

I don't agree with any of this. The explicit purpose of a stinger like Fabulous or AJs organ intro is to get your brain prepared to hearing their theme song. It'd be like taking the glass breaking out of Austin's theme, or cutting If Ya Smell from The Rock's.

Stingers are important, yes, but I'm talking about the song itself. Probably the worst example of what I'm talking about was Wade Barrett's theme. He had the "God save our queen" stinger, then 8 heartbeats, then 8 unaccompanied guitar riff beats, then the song finally kicked in when he was like halfway down the ramp.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
That pic is a link to a gallery of the trainees, so I don't know if it's indicative of anything, but we'll see if he debuts as Tommy End or if he's renamed something like Butch McGuirk.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

projecthalaxy posted:

I like it. It's like a grungy European Shield. I don't know why I think they are European but I do.

Wolfe is German and Nikki is Scottish, so you're half right.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Benne posted:

Also Aliyah keeps winning me over. I wasn't really sold at first because her entire storyline on Breaking Ground was "she sucks," but she's got some moves and looks to be finding her confidence. If she can nail down the ring psychology and find a way to elevate the match beyond "move, pause, move, pause, etc." then she could be An Actual Thing in the women's division.
Yeah, by all reports she's been the hardest working trainee at improving her ring game. She apparently takes direction really well and has vastly improved since BG.

Any word on another season of BG yet?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Someone please switch his swollen eye and his mouth because it looks like his eye has teeth and I want it to be even more uncomfortable to look at.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Austin Aries is a homunculus grown in a test tube and has been unleashed upon the world by large scientists.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Jonathan Davis: Late 40s Angsty Dad is so weird.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I hope Sawyer's only in the group so they can kick him out, then he can continue his character of failed gimmicks.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
FYI: Tonight is Tozawa's final match and graduation from Dragon Gate, so he should be on his way shortly. I imagine they'll stick him in NXT and not just go straight to Raw.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Any stories about what's happening with the rest of the CWC who hasn't shown up beyond the tournament? I know Ibushi hasn't signed and Tozawa just got done with DG, but I haven't heard much about the rest. Is Gran Metalik still coming? Wasn't Tajiri supposed to have signed? What about Jack Gallagher, etc.?

sticklefifer fucked around with this message at 09:02 on Nov 4, 2016

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Benne posted:

Pretty sure this is the first time anyone has, or ever will, care about Angelo Dawkins.

I swear he must have attended the same taunt-spamming school as NXT Dana Brooke.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
They should've never split the Dawkins/Fulton tag team. At least they could've sucked together in a stepping stone tag team instead of Fulton being the worst part of a stable trying to get over.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Liv should not be anywhere near the main roster. I have seen nothing impressive from her whatsoever, and her gimmick is Carmella Lite.

That is both disappointing and not disappointing.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'm Alexander Wolfe's mid-beatdown hardcore dance.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Baron Corbyn posted:

Every interaction between Joe and Regal makes me sad that they're not just building to a match between them.
If there's one thing Regal does get to do sometimes though, it's an epic promo when you piss him off enough. I really hope he gets to do that because he's on fire when he gets good material.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Every time I hear the name Authors of Pain I can't help thinking of the industrial band Author and Punisher, and I'm fairly sure it's intentional because their theme song isn't too far off from A&P's music.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ruggington posted:

they should use that potential to get some name tags

I always remember that Akam is fatter D-Lo Brown with The Rock's tattoo.

Rezar is just currently "the other one" to me.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

AMReese posted:

There are different kinds of crazy. Nikki Cross and Mickie James approach it differently.

Mickie James: Fatal Attraction stalker

Nikki Cross: WARGLBHLARGGHLGBRARBHLARBHLRALRBH

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I'd love to see the medal come back. That was cool and I wish they hadn't stopped it. Rollins and Ambrose had a killer series in FCW over that title.

sigmachiev posted:

TM61 would be excellent douchey playboy heels. They are awful babyfaces. Really hoping they score the upset over Authors of Pain and then go on to feud with champions DIY.
I kinda want to see them paired up with Billie and Peyton just to form one big rear end in a top hat Aussie contingent.

NotQuiteQuentin posted:

now i get to play one of my favorite dg to wwe games: how long can they stick with their dg gear until someone notes. evan bourne still has the record of wearing it on ecw but i believe in tozawa's arm sleeves.
Please, it's the only scrap of Monster Express I have left. :negative:

I think they're probably fine with his color scheme, but just like Apollo I'm sure they'll get rid of the Too Easy taunt right away. Though I suppose nobody else is doing it now...

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
If she's pushed right I could see Daria being credible enough to beat Asuka eventually, even just as a transitional champion. MMA vs Joshi murderkicks has potential, where nobody else in the division has really been credible enough yet unless it's via cheap wins.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Is it just me or does it feel like Sanity takes forever to do anything? I don't dislike them and I feel like the gimmick has legs potentially, but they stand there and pose before, during, and after everything they do for like 2 minutes at a time. I feel like they should strike suddenly and cause chaos, then be out of there before you know what happened.

I'm glad the music department has finally caught up to the popularity of Robert Miles' 1995 hit "Children".

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Yeah, I'm fine when they're actually in motion and I'm glad they're speaking now. Before then though their intro/outro felt overly long.

I've been really high on Daria Berenato since Tough Enough so I'm really happy to see how much she's progressed. I see more potential in her than pretty much anyone right now, and part of that is her style standing out so much from anyone else, even the main roster.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Didn't Cameron later try to pretend she was being a "trendsetter" by pinning Naomi wrong?

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Tye's gimmick should be always trying to win by countout. Not like in a Berzerker way where it just sort of happens, but actively trying to kick someone's rear end away from the ring and then sprinting back just in the nick of time.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
To be fair, Itami hasn't made any headway because he's got the Barrett Curse. NXT was pretty different when he was first signed.

As for Io and Kairi, I'd be cool with Ibushi-style appearances in a women's tournament, but I can't see them being used properly afterward. It'd basically be the three Japanese women having zero stakes joshi-lite fights until everyone got sick of them.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
My guess is he changes his name due to Kevin Owens.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Liv sucks and is unsafe.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah we don't want another situation where Bayley and Nia and Dana all got called up and that left Asuka with little competition. The Revival are the lynchpin of the division until they get some more tag teams over.

I have to say they've done a pretty good job building up the Australian Mean Girls in the meantime. It's not quite the same as before because Asuka's still clearly the major favorite, but they're finally starting to build a new crop in the division after stalling out for a while. They're building Ember slower than I thought they would, but Nikki Cross is becoming more prominent lately, and I can see Daria gaining a lot of momentum soon. Her ring style is really cool and she's not a bad promo. Liv and Aliyah still have a ways to go though.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Vaguido posted:

I'm really surprised Daria isn't getting pushed a lot faster. Her MMA gimmick is cool, she seems like a legitimate tough girl who could go 1 on 1 with Asuka and she has a good look overall. They have a lot of good talent in the women's division still, they just haven't had time to grow. What they really need is some of the lower card main roster women to come down and do some matches with these girls. They used to do that every now and then previously with people like Titus, Brodus and I think RVD had a match with Neville? That could really help legitimize some of the talent.

Nia Jax just had a match with Asuka.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Wolfe isn't bad. Fulton is terrible and I'm glad he's out of the stable.

• Locked thread