Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Pray for Cien. He jobbed to a generic WWE heavyweight style wrestler. At least he was able to do some lucha things before eating the pin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Solus posted:

I might have missed a yes/no post but was Samoa Joe's jaw legitimately wrecked in that fight or is he just the best seller I have ever seen?

Typically WWE doesn't like having the camera linger on wrestlers who are legitimately hurt. And commentary won't dwell on it beyond their immediate reaction. And if the wrestler can't continue they get somber and explain how dangerous the sport is and how the wrestlers put their body on the line.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Wouldja look at this bullshit

radelaide is badelaide.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

I like it. It's like a grungy European Shield. I don't know why I think they are European but I do.

Because Cross has a giant Scottish flag on her jacket, and being German was the one thing announcers would mention about Wolfe in his pre-Sanity gimmick. So it's not really surprising that you would think that.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Sanity because NXT has been treading water for months now, and perhaps this will make the format feel fresh again. At least they are a natural foils for The Authors of Pain (strength vs. numbers).

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Benne posted:

And before everyone comes in with "the Drifter is good because he gets heel heat," let me ask you the last time someone whose entire gimmick was "he sucks, you should hate him because he's bad" drew a single dollar to a promotion. I'm all ears.

https://zippy.gfycat.com/ShowyVapidGrizzlybear.mp4

You mean his gimmick isn't that he sucks and is bad? :smug:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I wish they kept playing Joe's old theme when he won. A surprise theme for a surprise victory.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

C A N Y O N
E
M
A
N

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Solus posted:

Holy poo poo why is Dillinger not on the main roster.

Tye is the perfect 205 :v:

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

SOMEONE ALERT BURRITO THAT PERCY WATSON HAS RETURNED

OH YEAH

So how long until he replaces Otunga?

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The main event was probably the worst match. Lots of show boating to cover for Joe and Nakamura not doing anything.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

The most important thing that separates NXT from TNA is that it is managed by a competent company.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Lance Anoaʻi is the name of someone's CAW.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

CarlCX posted:

Did Daria Berenato just fall off the face of the Earth or something?

That is the developmental process that NXT uses. Many wrestlers will show up for a couple of matches as a jobber/fill a gap in the schedule or try a new gimmick, and then disappear again. And then they use that feedback to develop the wrestler further, and then bring them back for a longer tv run. For example: Aliyah is someone who is a step ahead of that process than Daria, Liv Morgan is a step ahead of Aliyah, and Billy/Peyton are a step ahead of Liv. It's just less noticeable lately since they have been using more indie stars who start towards the end of the developmental process.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Stale Saltines posted:

I was listening to the Observer from a couple days ago and Bryan said if it wasn't for Elias Sampson injuring his knee he would have been on the main roster for a year at this point, and now that he's recovered he is due to be called up any time now. Is that for real? I mean there's no way right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCNggKaHfXQ

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

A couple of weeks ago Ember's finisher injured Billie Kay. She'll be shooting on Asuka at Takeover.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Still has more strength than Roman.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

projecthalaxy posted:

Ultimate Hoss Ladder Match sounds great.

Or whichever TM61 isnt injured.

Updating my headcanon with DIY61... They are already holding the tag team belts.

Tokamak fucked around with this message at 06:06 on May 19, 2017

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

I will laugh if his WWE name is Crazy Steve

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Florida

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

rovert posted:

Ruby on the indies had the rep as a really good promo but to me she just had one promo "I am a wrestler who loves to wrestle. People doubted me. But I was born to do this" etc.

This is some powerful poo poo.
*single tear rolls down cheek*
*is a massive nerd*

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

VJeff posted:

Hold up need to verify this.

Check one of these boxes please:
[ ] Aleister Black is good.
[ ] Aleister Black is not good.

He is in a superposition of states, where goodness is dependent on the WWE show making the observation. The NXT detector is measuring a 'good' reading. The RAW detector has been playing up lately, so don't count on him staying good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Or Blake is being given a gimmick that's dead on arrival, moving him one step closer to being released, and Murphy isn't.

Or I just got scooped.

• Locked thread