Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

I kind of want Gargano & Ciampa to break up, have a short feud leading to a barn burner match like their CWC bout, then reunite by "surprise" and take The Revival out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

How is Cien's English on a scale of Nakamura to Yoshi Tatsu? Part of the problem is he doesn't speak, which I can accept in a masked luchador but it seems really weird for an unmasked guy.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

I loved Nakamura's first entrance against Zayne and I'm kinda bummed they changed it to what it is after that. I really like the darkness and the silhouette, but I can understand that they probably want to actually show Nakamura more.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

From what I understand, there's some confusion over what Alberto actually meant in that interview because it's a translation from Spanish and it's possible that he was just saying that Cien is a little homesick for Mexico and still hasn't figured out the WWE style rather than he actively wants out.

It's pretty clear they kind of bungled Cien's launch, though. If he's as lost on how to get over with a US audience as he seems to be, they really should have let him marinate in the Performance Center and work on his English for a few more months before debuting him on TV. As it stands he kind of debuted in a position where it's going to be really hard to follow through, because he's not ready to sustain himself organically and they can't afford to spend a whole lot of time building narratives that get him over and hide his weaknesses when there's a lot of other talent that's closer to a sure thing that they can focus on.

Baby Babbeh fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Sep 13, 2016

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

We need more flippy heels imo. I like slow methodical heels that work a leg the whole match as much as the next guy, but we've got a lot of those right now.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

Roman Reigns only barely does Hunico's deadlift powerbomb spot.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

I mean, it's not like WWE has done him many favors. He had a lot of heat behind him when he first signed but then they stuck him in an angle where The Ascension kicked his rear end for weeks until his cool buff friend Finn Balor showed up to save him. From that point on they were just using him to get over Finn.

Mostly it's been bad luck and injuries, but getting him over was obviously not the top priority from the start.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

Wasn't there some kind of shooter stable full of former division 1 guys at one point that Gable was in?

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

Probably the least interesting direction they could go with this.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

Man, the last thing NXT needs is a massive loving stable. The talent pool already feels kind of thin without grouping a bunch of people together.

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

I think Patrick Clark is one entrance theme that actually sounds like Prince away from greatness. He's good in the ring, has a good look, is a passable promo even if his character isn't fully formed yet, and "literally just Prince" isn't even a bad gimmick idea.

But his music is the most generic Casio keyboard poo poo imaginable, and slowly sauntering to the ring in a flowery blouse isn't going to hype the crowd on its own.

Angelo Dawkins, however, is complete poo poo and getting his rear end beat by midcarders at house shows is probably his ceiling.

Baby Babbeh fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Nov 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

NXT house shows are fun even if the actual TV show is kind of boring right now. Although maybe less fun than a year ago when it was like an indy wrestling all star game.

• Locked thread