Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

schweens posted:

Also, more HoHo Lun.

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Hoss Corncave posted:

Is Aries cleared to wrestle after what Nakamura did to him?

I think someone said he's out until next year

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

It's the new Harlem Shake/Ice Bucket Challenge thing. It's actually pretty great.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The episode following a takeover is usually a couple dark matches filmed before Takeover and then a lotta recaps from the show (highlights, interviews, etc). They do TV tapings during the week (I think Wednesday or Thursday usually?)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rovert posted:

WWE is having a major meltdown over NXT ticket sales for the shows all this week but especially Toronto. I think they've only realised the extent of it today.

I don't think the upper bowl at the St. Paul show I went to was even half full, they've really seemed to have lost what made people really love NXT while trying to turn it into its own brand.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RealFoxy posted:

I stopped watching NXT because even with a pretty talented roster, nobody's doing anything and every single episode feels like filler for the next Takeover event. They either need to run a live NXT show every once in a while on Wednesday, or have more NXT Takeovers.

This is basically what happened to me as well. It feels like I won't miss anything if I only watch the Takeovers.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

projecthalaxy posted:

Who is even in ROH anymore like Jay Lethal and a bag of stale chips?

Do they still have Dalton Castle? I've only seen a little bit from him but he seems good.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Benne posted:

Roman Reigns is a good wrestler stuck in a bad role that doesn't play to his strengths.

Elias Samson is a lovely wrestler with a lovely gimmick and no discernible strengths you could play to.

He has an outstanding top rope elbow drop that he stopped using after a couple matches for some reason

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rogue Copter Pilot posted:

I really wanna see Asuka vs Ember Moon one on one some day.

It's good

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rovert posted:

The match clearly WASN'T a burial.

It should have been. Of Nia Jax.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This is cool.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Germansimp posted:

Good, that means it'll be only a bit more than 2 months between Toronto and San Antonio, and a bit more than 2 months between San Antonio and Orlando, instead of 4 1/2 months between Toronto and Orlando. That should hopefully result in storylines progressing faster in NXT and the episodes being more important than they have been over the past half year.

:agreed:

Hopefully they just have the Takeovers be on the weekends of the "big 4" and then have another one between WM and SummerSlam to keep it from dragging.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

spongeh posted:

Joe vs Nak is going to be at Japan. That could logically be the last match, assuming he doesn't just win it back in Japan, giving Joe his contractual rematch

There's a cage match as well on the 8th in Australia and that could be the "ok I don't care who wins no more rematches" point in the feud (with the loser hopefully getting called up to SmackDown Live)

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Rovert are they gonna debut that Brazilian girl they signed at the WWC? Having her get an upset win in round one before losing in round two to an established vet seems like a good start to a career.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That's actually a decent finisher too, if she actually did it right.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That's their own fault tbh

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

rovert posted:

Keeps slipping. I think it will happen after Wrestlemania at this stage.

how much of this is them trying to get Shirai?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Charles Gnarwin posted:

It's on the official NXT Instagram but I'll spoiler tag it to be safe.

Hero showed up but he's still using loving Kassius Ohno as his name if the hashtag is to be believed

he had the kassius ohno titantron and also I don't know why people are being such big babies about it

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

No Irish Need Imply posted:

Mandatory rematch + unless a big push is involved (like a feud with AA if they go to SDL) they shouldn't be forced on a main show before WM.

Unless AA is going to feud with the Usos again they don't really have anything high profile to do while holding the titles anymore.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Vaguido posted:

Revival got over back when the NXT booking was good, and stayed over by having amazing matches. Workrate alone won't get you as far on the main roster. They could go to Smackdown, and rekindle the AA feud, but I could see the company not viewing that as a money match, and also seeing it as difficult to make people care about the feud considering neither team has been very great on the mic.

Fortunately the guy in charge of the good NXT Booking that got them over is now in charge of the Smackdown Booking

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RealFoxy posted:

https://twitter.com/WWEAsuka/status/819663178871214080

Someone's gonna get their loving head kicked in at Takeover if she's bring out the Zombified Nazi Space Clown

this is all I could hear when reading that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CyZoe-r9qb0

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

thefakenews posted:

They did Asuka vs Ember Moon at the Sydney NXT show. It needed another 5 - 10 mins to be great, but it was real good. If they do it at a Takeover and give it time, it will be a great match.

They did it at the St. Paul show too. Was really good.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I look forward to seeing KefkAsuka

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I was kind of apathetic towards Takeover but then I saw the Nakamura/Roode hype video and now I'm on board

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=etIQag9WWF0

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

21 Hoot Salute posted:

9 hours of WWE this weekend. :stare:

Cool

I only count six, maybe six and a half depending on how long takeover goes, how are you getting to nine?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

RealFoxy posted:

Pre/Post shows probably

but why would anyone watch those

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Don't worry guys, he's ok!

https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/828990380859355136

Both of them look like they can barely contain laughter from having to pose for that stupid photo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

achillesforever6 posted:

Looks like Heavy Machinery has some competition in best NXT tag teams
https://www.instagram.com/p/BQUEGtTgv5e/

Holy poo poo

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

house shows can run late, depending on what they have for you. Ours ran for about two and a half hours and was only like six matches, plus an intermission.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I hope TJ Perkins beats Nakamura with a kneebar to the injured knee

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Venomous posted:

so are they gonna do a Gargano NXT title run or

Depends, do they have any Indie Superstars to come in and get a free title shot with no build left?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

she's the fun lovin' redneck girl that gets possessed by something in the woods.

Sister Abigail confirmed

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

What is a Gangrel suplex?

Please reply with visual aids, I know who Gangrel is.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Proven to be bad at commentary yeah

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

This makes me question the turn last night if true since the feud will lose a bunch of heat if he's off for too long.

Like, if they can't build it so there's a match at Brooklyn it's bad. I'm actually interested in watching weekly NXT again and it's almost entirely because I want to see what happens next between these two so if they aren't going to do anything then I'm just going to go back to reading spoilers.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I have a spoiler!

I read them and it looks really good I think I'm gonna start watching again.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

So is his career over or is he shooting for a return at the 2019 RR takeover?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Did she ever actually wrestle in her original run?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Cavauro posted:

speech impediment gimmick

If Io can't keep a move because of someone on the main roster why would they let someone copy an entire gimmick?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DarkstarIV posted:

I think you mean Kairi, not Io. Also WWE is supposedly backing off on not letting her use the elbow drop, due to the amount of backlash they are getting from it. :shrug:

I mean Io should be in the same boat, since her finisher is a moonsault, and her other finishers are banned moves in the WWE (piledriver based offense), so who knows.

You're right, I get them mixed up sometimes since the only international wrestling I tend to watch is WK

• Locked thread