Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Sometimes I say something really funny and everyone in the room laughs. I usually shut up after that for fear of ruining the moment. I'm pretty good at this part because I hang out with a lot of nerds so I have lots of vicarious experience with other nerds who say something funny but don't know how to quit while they're ahead. I've had the most success socially being mainly reactive/blending in, much like Littlefinger from the A Song of Ice and Fire books (though not like in the show I don't think).

But sometimes I say/do things that only I find cool, solely to amuse myself. Like I'll make a reference that I'm sure no one but me will get and then chuckle to myself. I'm also the type of person who sometimes laughs out loud when they're all alone in a room, which apparently most other people don't do.

Post your thoughts/stories on being just cool as hell and succeeding socially among your peers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Iron Prince posted:

I post on GBS

drat I feel like I should be taking notes

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Arian_Samurai posted:

I was hoping to read some insight on someone who is cool, but to be honest you don't sound cool at all.

I'm really not and frankly, this is a honeypot thread

Kuato posted:

I've got a frank grimes-esque forums enemy, life doesn't get any better than that IMO

Who???

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

HeartPlug posted:

Any attempts at validating my good moments are undercut by the paranoia that everyone around me is just humoring me

Try saying and doing things that are objectively great, then your brain will be able to straight up dismiss this possibility out of hand

• Locked thread