Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Welcome back to another installment of Awkward, Ugly and Gross, where the points are made up and the derails don't matter! Although we've had many problems with this thread in the past, mods have agreed to reopen it under one condition: This will be a very heavily modded thread. Read the OP.

quote:

• :siren: No arguing about what is/isn't ugly/awkward. No one cares. This one is important. Break it and risk a probation. It's impossible to call out poor content in this thread without creating a pages-long debate so just don't do it.:siren:
    To avoid tempting people into call outs:
  • Post people who look awkward, not reasonably normal people who you think are awkward because of their gender identity or race or whatever. Happy smiling trans woman != awkward. Terrifying seven foot tall cross dresser = yes probably awkward. Chubby person != awkward. Chubby person wearing a My Little Pony shirt and/or hugging a waifu pillow = super awkward. Okay? Okay.
  • Don't post your wacky friends. No one cares.
  • Don't just post a single link to a Youtube video with no content or description.
  • Tag NWS images & links. If you think it might be even remotely NWS, tag it.
  • Do not come to this thread with the express purpose of complaining about its existence. No one cares.
  • NEW: Do not take pictures of strangers without their permission, and then post it here. We have no control over what other internet people post, but it always, always starts a derail. Exceptions include public performers or people who've given you express permission, but not randoms.

Special announcement: 99.9% of Tumblr posts that are like, "Eating lettuce is disrespectful to plantkin (◡‿◡✿) uwu" are troll posts and the fact that any of you are still tricked by them is utterly remarkable to me. Also, I will probate you.

I personally do not care about reposts. The following are reposts (probably), but hopefully we can get some new content here, as well.

The Silent Hill Wiki Circumcision Meltdown of 2015

Once more, remember: No arguing about what is, and isn't, AUG. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and since nature is all about balance, the counter is true as well.

cash crab has a new favorite as of 19:53 on Dec 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

ASIC v Danny Bro
May 1, 2012

D&D: HASBARA SQUAD
CAPTAIN KILL

Just HEAPS of dead Palestinnos for brekkie, mate!

I thought it'd only be a short read, but man...

How far down does the rabbit hole go?

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

gentle pete
Feb 21, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

fffffuuuckk yes.

Fleta Mcgurn
Oct 5, 2003

Porpoise noise continues.
CASH CRAB IS BEST CRAB

I'm having a horrible day; thanks for fixing it.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

:psyduck: Y'all are delivering too well, too early.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Also, FYI, I am the only mod who has agreed to participate in this thread, so uh... tread with that knowledge.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

I missed this thread.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Yessss, I was just thinking about how much I missed this thread today.

No picture sadly, I'd have took one if I knew this was back, but I saw the most stereotypical neckbeard while I was out today. White trilby/fedora, graphic tee, camo cargo shorts, sneakers with tube socks pulled all the way up, and that gross neckbeard goatee thing, you know the one. Like this guy stepped right out of a m'lady pic, it was unreal.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Sociopastry posted:

fffffuuuckk yes.

Ugh, it's last year's garbage bag too.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

ShootaBoy posted:

Yessss, I was just thinking about how much I missed this thread today.

What I've been thinking about, and I have no idea why, is something from the last (?) thread: this British kid on YouTube correctly described by cash crab as "having zero chill" who recorded a ton of super duper histrionic videos about politics, etc., and had these goofy fake sponsor messages at the beginning of each video.

Does anyone remember this? It's pretty much impossible to google.

Nckdictator
Sep 8, 2006
Just..someone
Thanks GBS

Ratjaculation posted:

this kid is not a Nice Guy, and look how much pu$$ay he is wreckin

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Profile of a 20 year old guy on a wolfaboo chat site

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
Text, not pictures, but this is pretty AUG. Its one of those sites by crazy people that are afraid of chemicals but love hydrogen peroxide and think balancing pH cures cancer.

quote:

Another disease that is named after its symptom is cancer. In fact, to this day, most doctors and many patients still believe that cancer is a physical thing: a tumor. In reality, a tumor is only a side effect of cancer, not its cause. A tumor is simply a physical manifestation of a cancer pattern that is expressed by the body. When a person "has cancer," what they really have is a sluggish immune system. And that would a far better name for the disease: Sluggish Immune System Disease or SISD.

If cancer were actually called Sluggish Immune System Disease, it would seem ridiculous to try to cure cancer by cutting out tumors through surgery and by destroying the immune system with chemotherapy. And yet these are precisely the most popular treatments for cancer offered by conventional medicine.

This whole situation stems from the fact that the disease is misnamed. It isn't cancer, it isn't a tumor and it certainly isn't a disease caused by having too strong of an immune system that needs to be destroyed through chemotherapy. It is simply a sluggish immune system or a suppressed immune system. And if it were called a sluggish immune system disease or a suppressed immune system disorder, the effective treatment for cancer would be apparent.

quote:

Sugar can lead to alcoholism

Sugar can cause toxemia during pregnancy

Sugar can cause emphysema

I.V.s (intravenous feedings) of sugar water can cut off oxygen to your brain.

Sugar increases your risk of polio.

quote:

Almost 75 years ago, Otto Warburg was awarded two Nobel prizes for his theories that cancer is caused by impaired cell respiration due to a lack of oxygen at the cellular level. According to Warburg, damaged cell respiration causes fermentation, resulting in hyper-acidity at the cellular level.

In 1984 Keith Brewer, PhD (Physics) translated Warburg's theories into a practical, cost efficient treatment protocol for cancer. Brewer successfully treated 30 patients with various cancers, using Cesium, nature's most alkaline mineral. The results of Brewer's work -- all 30 survived.

Dr. Brewer noted that the element also apparently retards aging. After taking cesium daily for five years, he reported he was still more vigorous than when he began. He was 92 by that time. This is consistent with research being done with treatment of chronic fatigue.
Its true, taking cesium does prevent you from dying of cancer; because you die of cesium poisoning first!

quote:

It is absolutely amazing how frequently nutritional deficiencies are diagnosed as physical diseases or disorders. Let me give you an example. There's a common heart disorder called mitral valve prolapse. This is the diagnosis you're given when you have a heart valve that doesn't maintain the correct shape. They'll tell you it's a congenital defect. They'll say it's something you were born with and, unless the valve is repaired through surgery, your heart will never beat correctly and you'll have heart problems for the rest of your life. What they won't tell you is that this is almost exclusively a nutritional problem. The heart valve isn't misshapen due to a congenital defect; it is misshapen because the heart is a giant muscle that's sagging out of shape due to a lack of nutritional support.

When you don't have B vitamins and the proper amount of magnesium, zinc and calcium in your body, guess what happens to all the muscles in your body? They all start to sag.

quote:

My suspicion, which is shared by others in my profession, is that the nearly 10,000 SIDS deaths that occur in the United States each year are related to one or more of the vaccines that are routinely given children.

quote:

Soak any infections or cuts in 3% peroxide for five to ten minutes several times a day. My husband has seen gangrene that would not heal with any medicine, but was healed by soaking in peroxide.

Put two capfuls into a douche to prevent yeast infections. I had chronic yeast infections until I tried this once or twice a week.

Tilt your head back and spray into nostrils with your 50/50 mixture whenever you have a cold, plugged sinus. It will bubble and help to kill the bacteria. Hold for a few minutes then blow your nose into a tissue.

Also: your body makes hydrogen peroxide to fight infection which must be present for our immune system to function correctly. White blood cells are known as Leukocytes. A sub-class of Leukocytes called Neutrophils produce hydrogen peroxide as the first line of defense against toxins, parasites, bacteria, viruses and yeast.

Simply put, it is the oxygenation of the body. Sickness and tumors are generally oxygen-hating growths which thrive in oxygen-poor bodies.

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Bismuth posted:

Text, not pictures, but this is pretty AUG. Its one of those sites by crazy people that are afraid of chemicals but love hydrogen peroxide and think balancing pH cures cancer.

Its true, taking cesium does prevent you from dying of cancer; because you die of cesium poisoning first!

Just wait till this guy hears about phrenology!

Groke
Jul 27, 2007
New Adventures In Mom Strength

treiz01 posted:

Just wait till this guy hears about phrenology!

There's always retro-phrenology, where you adjust someone's personality and abilities by adjusting the shape of their skull. It provably works, too; if you hit someone over the head even just lightly, their personality is likely to change in the direction of "more irritable" and if you hit harder you may cause permanent alterations in cognitive capability, etc.

Bismuth
Jun 11, 2010

by Azathoth
Hell Gem
I'm scared of "chemicals" and vaccines but I fill every orifice and wipe down every surface in my house with vinegar and hydrogen peroxide and think taking cesium injections cures cancer.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Ugh. A few years back I started dating someone who had a family member that was one of these. He started telling me the reason for my kidney problems and needing dialysis was because I had an alkaline deficiency (which completely misunderstands biochemistry) and that I should eat this miracle dirt and be cured. If I weren't trying to impress the girl I would have hauled off and decked him.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Groke posted:

There's always retro-phrenology, where you adjust someone's personality and abilities by adjusting the shape of their skull. It provably works, too; if you hit someone over the head even just lightly, their personality is likely to change in the direction of "more irritable" and if you hit harder you may cause permanent alterations in cognitive capability, etc.

Perfect

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Also:

Copyright 2016 (Sign in or confirm age to view 'mature content')

Mature content

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Ah yes, the thread that will always lift my spirits is back.

brotato
May 14, 2013

Is this guy a fuckin time traveller? This is some web1.0 poo poo

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo
Some actual cool new content! Thanks for reopening.

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

On the chemicals subject: I am super sad because my bf's mom is an anti vaxxer. She once, in all seriousness, told me that the reason I have crippling depression and ptsd is because I take medication for it, and then went on to tell me that the reason my sister had allergies is because we were both vaccinated as children but that "it's worse for red heads". Like, what?

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

Sociopastry posted:

On the chemicals subject: I am super sad because my bf's mom is an anti vaxxer. She once, in all seriousness, told me that the reason I have crippling depression and ptsd is because I take medication for it, and then went on to tell me that the reason my sister had allergies is because we were both vaccinated as children but that "it's worse for red heads". Like, what?

Well, yeah? Redheads are the devil's vessels.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

That's so AUG!

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
OK but which one is Radical Larry?

FluxFaun
Apr 7, 2010

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I couldn't give a harder "would" even if I was in a petrified forest.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.
Yay. It's back.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Agekin? Just when I thought nothing could surprise me...

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

I couldn't give a harder "would" even if I was in a petrified forest.

Jastiger, account sharing is a bannable offense.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Mistress Most Bad rear end

Intoluene
Jul 6, 2011

Activating self-destruct sequence!
Fun Shoe

Action Tortoise posted:

Mistress Most Bad rear end

I honestly thought this was a guy.