Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Isn't this the woman who does plus-size clothing reviews for buzzfeed? Or are there two women with that "my last grooming discoveries were made at high school band camp" look being photographed halfway professionally?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

pop fly to McGillicutty posted:

Thank God the arm made it. Glad somebody did.

I read through so I don't think I missed it but

the dude kept his dead arm

so he could

shoot

more

heroin

into it.

Seriously. he didn't want to lose all those veins. Anywhere from 1/2 to 1/5th of his veins. That's all he was thinking of.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
There was also a bedridden-sized lady who lost an immense amount of weight with Richard Simmons' personal attention, IIRC. He started her out with clapping. Just clapping. Which is a heavy exercise if you're bedridden-sized.

I think she got down to the "slightly overweight" kind of average older-but-not-quite-elderly lady build, but I could be confusing two people. She did lose enough to be able to walk around, I remember that.

All of this is something I read like 18 years ago in one of my mom's magazines, sooooo

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Heath posted:

It is bizarre to me how many goons get so drat ruffled that a thread developed a shorthand slang word.

Wait does anyone post about it besides Dongicus

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

steinrokkan posted:

Oh no, children are encouraged not to be obese.

Also not gaining weight = disorder now.

You're supposed to gain weight as you grow, people hitting puberty are growing. Plus, a lot of girls that age decide they're fat because they don't have a flat stomach or some other feature, so they give up and end up overweight or obese. Anorexia/bulimia aren't the only eating disorders that poo poo causes, just the most talked-about.

oldpainless posted:

Americans are fat as gently caress, second only to Mexicans, so this idea of society pressuring all these women to be super thin is obviously bullshit and NWAI (not working as intended).

It's working as intended, people spend billions on stuff that's supposed to make weightloss easy. And other things that aren't always a sign of self-confidence issues, but are often enough.

It's not so much society as it is advertising, reinforced by society.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I'm not a photographer but I feel that shot is really poorly framed or whatever the term is. Doesn't look right.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Guy Goodbody posted:

You want more of her to be visible?

I think her.. width might be part of the issue. Whoever framed the pic had to adjust over to get that much of her in the shot. Poor woman is like 3X as wide as the average lady.

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

Here you go

Countdown to face swaps: 3, 2...

mojo1701a posted:

Probably because they're bent over like you would be on a movie poster. If it was a close-up of them, it could work.

But since they're standing in such a long shot, the staging looks awkward as gently caress, especially since people don't bend like that to look back.

Also yeah, transition lenses, ew.

Yeah, that's not helping. I'm okay with it not being a close up of them, though. Perfectly fine.

Still can't tell if her necklace is a collar or just on-trend (short necklaces & actual chokers are big right now)

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Jerry Cotton posted:

So why are there no old fat acceptancepride fat people?

Have you never met one of those saucy grandmas who don't give a single gently caress about weight and dress like Christmas trees?

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I can't decide if she had that coat custom-made so she could "be" a gothloli, or if she paid an insane amount of money to buy an actual plus-size gothloli coat from a Japanese retailer. Either way, no.

A lot of clothing companies that can be lumped under the term "alternative" have started carrying larger sizes over the past few years. And newer ones just automatically go up to at least US 2X out of the gate. Most of them go up to a US 4X (I think that's a 24).

So it might just be a cheaply made coat from one of those brands. I don't know for sure, I don't go for pink coats and I'm not a 4x. I'm basing this off of the fact that a brand I often see when browsing around makes a lot of similar coats:

Also, for whoever asked, gothic lolita is basically "little-girl goth." Which means sometimes there's a lot of pink. In pink or black, the outfits usually look like a pinafore ate a wedding cake, and it's more noticeable with pink/white.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Mouse Dresser posted:

Ugh, I really loving hate when people wear a hoop skirt without a petticoat layer. All you see under the skirt is the rigid plastic edge rather than a nice fabric-y fullness as it's supposed to be.

Also that ghost sweater fuckin' owns. I want one.

Great that's a thing I've never cared about before, but now will notice.

The ghost sweater was from Asos (I want one too), but no longer for sale. It was popular enough that knockoffs should come out soon. Or it'll be reissued next Halloween.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Weldon Pemberton posted:

I outright refuse to believe these pictures were taken in 2017. They're like 1999.jpg.

I can confirm that that "waist-high fishnet hose under regular clothes" poo poo is coming back into style, seen it a ton online lately.

Also. It's "Kodak moments" as in "Kodak film," not "Kodiak bears". So they got it right. Which is confusing, considering they're like 15.

Everything else could be from 1997 til yesterday, so I'm going by the weird fishnet thing.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Molly had a single unbroken expanse of some futuristic carbon thing, damnit

And they were silver

Trap sprung etc

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
gently caress the furry puns, this woman is awful

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I need that shirt.

Here's my least favorite thing ever. I would rather watch ten zit-popping videos than listen to this waddling, talking embodiment of First World Problems. You've probably seen it before, but I was trying to describe the extent of my impotent rage in another thread and this was the best descriptor I could think of in my DayQuil-addled state:

Woman has huge meltdown over Bath and Body Works Candles and one unfortunate store employee who seemingly did nothing wrong.

I have questions.

Does B&BW even get daily shipments? Most places get 'em weekly or twice a week, I just find out when the next one is.
Also, the manager explained her mistake (and I bet she explained it more thoroughly but this lady had already given into sweet sweet self-righteous anger), she mistook the smaller candles for larger ones. On paper. She didn't see the candles until they came to the store. How hard is that to figure out?

It also sounds like she should have asked about exchanging her PEACH BELLINIS for the smaller candles. I mean, that's what I would do if I loved the scent that friggin' much. This isn't a question.

This isn't a question either. She isn't owed anything. Sometimes people make mistakes, or no one makes a mistake, and it causes an inconvenience. Even a fairly large one, for day to day life, like driving an extra 15 minutes :rolleyes: I run into this kind of thinking all the time, selling stuff online & through apps. If I hosed up, I'm much more willing to work with the person, because I feel bad about loving up. If I didn't make any error, I'm sorry you don't fit into the shorts with the clearly marked tags that have "Runs small, measurements on request" in the listing, but that's not my fault. Even then, if someone is polite and willing to cover return costs, I'll work with them.

But I'm a one-woman show with ratings to worry about, not corporate. If you gently caress up as an employee and all you can do is apologize (I'm pretty sure Jen didn't have the authority to give her free anything, or she would have, if only to shut her up), that's all you can do!

Also if this is the worst thing to happen to this woman lately, I am jealous as hell of her life. Even though she lives in rural Wisconsin.

Munchables posted:

Over 20 thousand subscribers and almost 1.7 million views on that one video :psyduck:

I think most of the views and probably a significant chunk of the subs are horror-views and people subscribing for more horror. That or the woman does giveaways that require subscribing, which is not a sound strategy.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Pick posted:

There's nothing inherently sexual about hoof shoes, he might just like them. A lot of people have a fetish for high-heel shoes, but at the end of the day they're shoes. It's like the argument against VCRs, that they are/were mostly used to record TV shows, which was illegal. Well, yeah, but they did have legitimate legal uses and it's not fair to ban something because some group of people, even a majority, are creepy about it. If he were walking on dildoes, sure, but a hoof shoe is a hoof shoe. It's just a shoe.

He's wearing a tail too, that tilts it more towards "ahhh fetish" and away from "just different" for me.

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

Anyways, Courtney Love has fallen on some hard times.

I want to be the girl with the most cake

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

At least she's fit, I guess. I am confused as to what the temperature might be.

I think we need a Bad Fashion thread.

It really bothers me that she's wearing lovely new balance sneakers or whatever with all that

And the temperature is "festival"

Hoof boots have been a thing in haute couture for a couple years now. and yes, a thing in fetishes since whenever the first person who wanted to gently caress a horse made a pair, so probably hundreds of years. But they've had enough fashion designers tackle them that they wouldn't be automatically fetishy by themselves.

I found these while googling up hoof boots, someone make the bad fashion thread already

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
That's actually better than the original, because of the expression on the girl's face in the original. Sad smiley here.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

goose willis posted:

Unless you're trying to go for an 80s goth look who the gently caress thinks black lipstick is a Good Idea

Dark lipstick is super trendy among beauty bloggers rn

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

whiteyfats posted:

How could anybody over 16 enjoy Taylor Swift's music?

Shake It Off is fun to dance around to

Other than that, I got nothing

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Vanrushal posted:

Thanks for this, that's one less Venture Bros. reference flying right over my head.

I'm trapped down here with an admitted arsonist! Spaced-out on yellow jackets, by the look of him.

Anyway, yeah. I always assume any VB reference I don't get is 1. music-related and 2. has something to do with the fact that the writers are around 50 and I am not.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I am really confused about that person's nipples. If they exist.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

robotsinmyhead posted:

I'm just confused at how her lower leg is like "Swarthy Turk" level of hairy and not so much anywhere else.

She probably shaved for at least several years before growing it out, which will do that. And she almost certainly has long hairs on her thighs, they're just fine and very light. I'm pretty dark haired, and my thigh hairs are fine and almost blond.

cnut posted:

Because to eat pussy you have to get past the pubes. You probably don't need to do that for sucking dick.

Hahahahaha

Facebook Aunt posted:

I'm honestly torn on shaving. Those legwarmer legs look terrible, but they would feel soft. Shave the hair and you'll be running a never ending battle against prickly stubble. Stubble sucks. But this same argument could be used to justify dudes going full ZZ Top.

This is why I wax, TBH. I don't have an issue with having leg hair, but I wear a lot of tall boots and tall socks and tights and leggings year round, and at a certain length, long hair under those becomes uncomfortable for me. Plus waxing thins out the hair over time, causes it to grow in more fine and soft, and post-waxing, there's very little stubble. A few here and there from hairs that broke off instead of being pulled out entirely. five minutes with tweezers every few days and that problem is solved.

I'm pale enough that the hairs are still fairly visible in the grow-out period, but nothing like before. It's awesome.

I also have trichotellomania, so I get massive satisfaction from ripping out 30 hairs at once. Even if I didn't, I'd still wax. I hate that stubble feel.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

computer angel posted:

Lol if this was actually true all balding men who shave their heads regularly would have luxurious manes by now.

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

How have you lived long enough to post on the internet and you think this old wives tale is legit?

I'm talking about how cutting any hair at a blunt angle makes it look thicker. Which is what got that particular old wives tale started.

That doesn't just go away once it hits a half inch or w/e. It's not the reason the entire strands look dark, but it could add to the overall appearance.

Dry-shaving/overshaving actually can cause hair to grow in thicker, but only if you do it enough to actually thicken the skin. Rare on legs.

Jesus, this thread.

Sludge Tank posted:

oh hey fellow trichotellomanian. I too have this but it's only for a very specific patch of hair on the frontal-left lobe area of my head. everywhere else hurts.

Sup. It's always interesting which areas do what for who. I can yank my eyebrows out all day long without flinching, but if I pull my hair too hard brushing it, my eyes tear up.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Glukeose posted:

Do you happen to have any methods for resisting the urge to pull, or any advice for someone who wants to stop pulling? My girlfriend has trich and pulls her eyebrows, and it makes her extremely self conscious. Her current solution is one of those little fidget spinners to keep her hand busy. Sorry if this line of questioning is weirdly personal, I've just never seen anybody else with that particular fixation.

I sacrificed my eyebrows 17 years ago for the sake of my lashes, but maybe don't tell her that? Depends on if it would depress her about her own situation. But redirecting it towards something she's okay with pulling can work. Ingrown leg hairs, stubble on legs, pubic hair if she's not having an audience with the Pope, belly if she's like me and gets nine thick dark hairs between her belly button and pubes proper. That doesn't really help unless she's in a place where she can take her pants off and/or whip out a pair of tweezers, though.

Trimming nails very short is also good, and hiding tweezers, or giving them to someone else and saying "don't give these back to me until next week." Fidgety gadgets never worked for me, I'd start reading or otherwise become absorbed or nervous and next thing I knew, I'd ditched the gadget and was halfway through an eyebrow's worth of stubble. But that's me. I also didn't try to hard to redirect my energies to the gadget, because I had already been sacrificing my eyebrows for like five years and honestly figured if they grew in at all, they'd grow in weird and also make my face look weird.

People rarely even notice I'm sans eyebrows, when I point it out they act like I David Copperfielded them away. Knowing there's a lady who does fine without them might make her feel better about having little missing spots?

She can also learn to fill her brows with makeup. Maybe. I don't know her, dunno how feasible that is. That's what my sister does when she can't help herself and has little bare patches. It's different than drawing them on.

Sorry I don't have better advice.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Hihohe posted:

what is with their heel? Is it flaking off?

There are a ton of different dermatological foot issues. Could be severely dry skin, could be a number of fungal/bacterial infections, genetic issues.. All I know is it looks painful.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
"The male gaze being suspect" is kind of a weird reason to stop helping your scrub their personal areas?

Like, I do not give a single poo poo, my kid likes to run and hide when he's out of the shower or other wise naked, wait for me to come looking for him, and then he jumps out and goes "AHHHH IT'S A MONSTER PEE" which is what he calls his penis no matter what anyone else says about it. And he waves it at me while he does this. I think it's funny, cause he only does it at home, to his mom or dad. I can't believe I'm telling this thread about this but I can't think of a better way to indicate I'm comfortable with my own kid being naked, but not in a creepy way? I'm not comparing it to the situation of the author of that book, because he's a dad of daughters and I'm a mom of a son. Just saying I don't have weird hangups.

My point is, he still washes his own tiny dong. Has for like two years now. I felt weird helping his dad teach him how, even though I'm his mom. Having your own kids wash their junk ASAP is a good idea because they're gonna be doing it for the rest of their lives.

The dude shouldn't feel bad about cleaning his kid's privates, and he shouldn't feel bad for being upset that the pervasive "men are perverts" thing made him double-guess himself, but he also should be teaching them to scrub themselves anyway.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

MY PALE GOTH SKIN posted:

but not in a creepy way

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Yeah that was kind of creepy, but without context, I thought maybe he was just an over-explainer like I am.

Now that I know his message is "I HAD to stop washing my daughters' vagoos because MEN ARE OPPRESSED," without addressing the complexity of any of the issues, ew. Gross.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Hedrigall posted:

Maybe both the parents and the pedophiles should just pipe down so the rest of don't have to read any words about children's genitals, thanks in advance

If I can read all that stuff about lions, you can read about my kid pretending his ween is a monster

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
She overdosed on god-knows-what to try and deal with the pain from having a loving aneurism, too. That may or may not have also hosed her cognitive abilities.

It's honestly sad no one is trying to.. I don't know, is there help for that kind of damage? Seems like no one in her life gives a poo poo.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Hell I'm glad she can walk around naked and confident for a few days each year.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I'm just sad now.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
I'm fairly sure he's darkened his eyebrows and possibly lined his top lash line with cosmetics, too. Possibly applied the same eye brow goop to his facial hair.

I'm also fairly sure he'd have an issue with anyone knowing this, though, because goddamn that facial hair screams "CONFUSED ABOUT MASCULINITY AND ALSO NOT CONFIDENT ABOUT IT EITHER"

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Okay but like

How is that helpful or necessary

"if you do that, or that, and unngh especially that, without consent, it's rape" or what?

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Still. Nothing in the video got a reaction out of me except for her gracefully bringing that particular bit of mucous membranes against a public seat. I winced a little. Labia/vulva can stick to slick surfaces like that, too. Same way scrotum skin can.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

That looks fake

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Also I think they wear underwear of some sort under those, to avoid fabric riding up all over everywhere, and that would alter the.. blast pattern

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Stop baiting.

• Locked thread