Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion

That's a Real Doll, not a stuffed and mounted woman, right?

right?

oh God

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion
I think I'd hate the fedora people less if they actually wore fedoras, and not gotdamned trilbys, bucket hats, or whatever else they fling onto the wasteland that is their heads. Want to wear a hat? That's fine, but at least learn the names of the pieces of steamed felt you shove over your bald spot.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

thecluckmeme posted:

AUG Thread: THINGS I NO: WHORES

He also noes Confromity and is smarter then us.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, it's not surprising those two were buddies.

But still an rear end in a top hat

He's less creepy as a serial killer.

quote:

So much going on here

Black men cannot wear trilbys, either.

quote:

This guy sells weed at Bronycon

Of course he does.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Please tell me that's a doll or mannequin, and not the stuffed body of a little girl. OK?

Someone please tell me that.

Please God...

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Drunk Driver Dad posted:

Is it true how quickly pigs go feral and those pigs would have ate the gently caress out of those people alive if they had the opportunity? If so that's kind of ironic

A pen full of hungry pigs is a highly efficient way of disposing of a body. The clothes would have to be dumped somewhere else, of course. Ideally they should be fed a day or so before slaughter, so that the pigs have fully digested and passed their meal.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Guy Goodbody posted:

Wasn't the primary effect the French Revolution had on fashion that men stopped wearing those short pants that showed off their stocking-clad calves?

Stockings and breeches didn't die out until the 1830s. Boys still wore them until they were teenagers. Some male golfers now wear them. Google 'plus-fours'. :eng101:

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Where are his legs?

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Hobelhouse posted:

found the problem

His picture makes him look like a serial killer.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

"These shallow whores don't appreciate a nice guy like me."

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

CommissarMega posted:

Yeah, same here. Honestly, the other bodymod people don't look all that different from your garden variety sci-fi alien, but that woman's body is seriously unsettling in how utterly nonhuman it is. Did historical corsets get that bad?

Most surviving ones go to about a 23"--26" waist. But there were plenty of much bigger women in the 19th c, as is clear from photos and actual clothes. Since clothes are made to fit you while in your corset, we can safely say that most women weren't anywhere near this kind of look. You sometimes see them in advertising, but those are typically drawings, not photos.

Girls were started in corsets around three or so. So were boys: if there was any chance of deformity the corset would fix it. We still do that today. Anyways, girls simply grew up in corsets, and their bodies just adapted to them.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

AlbieQuirky posted:

If that's Cathie Jung, the irony is that her husband was an orthopedic surgeon.

In Gone With the Wind, Scarlett O'Hara makes a big deal of having the smallest waist in Atlanta at 18 inches. She was also described as being just a shade over five feet tall. And seventeen years old. And that's fiction!

Ms. Jung, on the other hand, is like 5'7" and has a 15 inch waist because why not gently caress your body up it's fine really it's fine :gonk:

We used to make costumes for a woman who had a natural 18" waist. She refused to wear the corsets that would give her the correct shape because she wasn't 'a fatty'. But when the dresses went on, and didn't look quite like the pictures, she whined and said everything made her 'look fat'.

Eventually we named a Halloween skeleton after her.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

She's too good for him.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

SatansOnion posted:

It warms my soul a little too. To paraphrase an old cynic whose name I don't remember, he wanted this job, and now he's going to get it, good and hard :angel:

shame about him taking everything else to hell with him

H.L.Menken said, "Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.'

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

Hihohe posted:

What episode of Tim and Erics awesome show is this from

"Just go along with him, dear. Maybe it will go viral and he'll move out of the basement!"

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion
One day. a friend wanted to watch anime. It turned out to be hentai. I just found out he teaches 5th grade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

cash crab posted:

It physically pained me to read that

I don't understand these. Are people supposed to wait around on their phone all day so they can reply quickly?

• Locked thread