Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

The Great Burrito posted:

I love the glasses that sprout when he gets "classy"

I'm the beauty filter he cranked up to 11.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
On a non-videogame tangent, y'all gotta watch Tickled. It's a documentary by a New Zealand journalist investigating something that advertises itself as "competitive endurance tickling." It goes straight to hell by about minute ten and only gets more horrific from there.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ularg posted:

The brand he uses is called Bigglies.

That's a load of crap.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
I liked the passive-aggressive begging for likes and subscribes at the end

Also the main body of the thing is him whining about how ugly people have it hard in the most incoherent way possible

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Trig Discipline posted:

it's true, if I lived in one of those cultures that couldn't count above three people would be like "drat son how many chins u got" and I'd be all "...many"

People can't count your chins anyway son

It's like fractal except more like fatass but on your face

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Trig Discipline posted:

Yeah when the doctor tried he started talking about Lyapunov exponents and I just sorta drifted off.

It's like someone took all the bones out of a giraffe's neck except you aren't likely to become endangered any time soon

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

PCOS Bill posted:

If you think it isn't stupid poo poo being done by edgy teenagers in almost every case I don't know what to tell you.

PCOS Bill takes a tentative step toward self-awareness.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pastry of the Year posted:

In hindsight, those stories are good but holy moly is that writing style Peak Mid-2000s Internet

I dunno, feels kinda SA-standard to me. I love those stories and I read 'em in full every time they show up.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
It's official, we're now in a bad 80s cyberpocalypse dystopia

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Now I can never eat mini pancakes again.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Fathis Munk posted:

also he added "the chick" to his tropelist ?!

If I remember the jargon from my days as a Troper (:negative:), "The Chick" is a role on "the team" rather than an explicit gender term.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ularg posted:

This is just so loving hilarious to me for some reason. Like as they walk around they bounce off each other.

Look at that wobblin' ankle

That thing gonna snap like a Kit Kat bar one of these days just *pop* fuckin' gone for good

Loudly whining about how body positive you are won't change your ectomorphic skeletal structure and that poo poo ain't built for your build

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

LethalGeek posted:

The hate for Tess Holiday fills my being with so much joy as everything about her pisses me the gently caress off.

So glad her bullshit was short lived. There is nothing attractive about someone's upper arm being that drat big. It's not hot when some nutball body builder has made them huge it's not hot when you're so loving fat you have an arm bigger around than my thigh! Then turns out she's just a selfish bitch (shocker) on top of spreading this horrible message.

The thing is she won the fuckin' genetic lottery because apparently her face and neck just do not accumulate flab like most people do, so she doesn't look like most fat women look. Speaking as an incrementally-less-fat-every-day dude cursed with a genetic lineage of surplus chinnery on both sides of my drat family, her ideas of 'fat is beautiful' just make me mad. No, Holiday, fat is okay-looking, specifically on you, only and only because your parents were lucky, and believe me, it ain't the fat parts that are beautiful.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
I think it was supposed to be "flies" but someone can't count.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Turtlicious posted:

if it were preventable they would prevent it. They are loving miserable every day, and don't kill themselves because it'd just be too much effort, it's a constant battle between self loathing, and the denigration of your peers. You're trapped in a prison of your own flesh, and you can't escape. When you ask for help people look at you and laugh, either saying you're just too lazy, you don't want it, or you don't deserve to be healthy. The only way you can beat back those feelings is with more food, or weed, or drugs, and you make the situation worse, in a self perpetuating loop that ends in an early miserable death.

Or they could try actually analysing how much of their behaviour is laziness and take the initiative to fix it and feel better. Fat people are remarkably good at hiding their own sloth and gluttony, especially from themselves. Source: I am a fat bastard due to my own behaviours and genetics, and would memory hole my worrying caloric consumption as soon as considering it had a chance of changing my behaviour.

They are no more helpless than they choose to be and they should be encouraged if they try to change, but I have no sympathy for people who declare themselves healthy anymore. I am unhealthy. That's why I'm doing cardio every day and weights three times a week.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
Plus there's all these fuckers going around offering sweet sweet guilt-free apathy as an escape mechanism, trying to convince fat, weak bastards like me that they have no chance of working up the energy or willpower to change.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

oldpainless posted:

Did we just become best friends?!

More like oldaloneless :unsmith:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

EmmyOk posted:

I'm a being of pure light though still with classically handsome bone structure. My rear end is immaculately shaped as if carved by Kojima himself, but still human and approachable.

I'm so ready to be ashamed of my words and deeds after reading this

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Panfilo posted:

Children are growing up learning that their entire self worth is tied to their size, particularly young women.

Pressuring women to be super thin does more to convince them they have no self worth in their current state, and it rapidly moves away from 'thin enough' regardless of their size. Just because societal pressures exist does not mean humans are robots that will move in lockstep to respond in turn. Action movies and pro wrestling are very popular among young men but it doesn't encourage the majority of them to lift weights and get buff.

I'm sure you use this exact logic to explain why poor people are just lazy and want quick fixes to their problems :allears:

You don't know the difference between objectification and idealisation, but you sure have a theory to tell us about how being poor and being fat are the same thing from some no-doubt-enlightened perspective. Please feel free to lay it out in full rather than making these petty little snipes.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
Mmm, but have you considered that anorexia nervosa and being a bit of a chunky chubster are actually the same thing?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Dienes posted:

But not in public where others can see it.

You cannot possibly be so lonely that hugging qualifies as a sex act.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

green chicken feet posted:

This page is a treasure trove.

"We have the scars to prove that maintaining a fat -> thin transition means your life becomes dedicated to rationing that one meal to last three days and to squeezing exercise into every bit of free time available."

Divide one meal over 3 days? At a normal 9 meals over 3 days, it would mean they have to cut their calories by 89% to lose any weight. Plus she mentions lots of exercise. That's impossible that her metabolism could run on that few calories.

If your average meal is 6,000 calories, then yes, that's how the math works out. Also that's probably a contributing factor.

I dunno. The reason I get worked up over this stuff is that it's one of the major reasons I hit full-on morbid so early in my life. There's a level of hopelessness to this poo poo and as background radiation it fucks up a fat person's perspective. Getting out of that state took a lot less willpower than I thought it would because poo poo like this makes it seem way more difficult than it is, but deciding to try took a lot more willpower than it should have for the same reason.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

ASIC v Danny Bro posted:

#istandwithpewdiepie

I think they'd rather not have to stand if they can just sit in solidarity instead

God how can pants fit so poorly on humans

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Knormal posted:

I completely thought that guy was a vaper at first glance.

He is. It's the hot new thing.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Those dead eyes. Holy hell.

Also yeah fat guys are good lifters. Percentage-wise weights are lighter for us and we pack on muscle like it's going out of style.

Excellent username-post combo, by the way.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

at least he's friendly

Welp, I just threw up in my mouth a little bit

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
I love how "clinically obese" and "morbidly obese" are two different categories

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

oldpainless posted:

I will always be there for my good friend poop dood

oldpainless, how do I become one of your good friends

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

LingcodKilla posted:

What I did forget at the time is that "sisters and brothers" is a term for black people. My bad. I'm not going to edit it after it was posted and quoted.

Uh, that's a really strange bit of projection.

What people are reacting to is the exchange "man it's hard for black people to get dates" → "well most people don't want to date close relatives (but lower class people do haw haw)" which... uh...

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
That last one was definitely a parody. TomSka is an extremely kind-hearted youtuberperson and all-around swell human.

That said he had objectively terrible taste for a long time, which is probably where those regrettable photos come from.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
He's just so happy being a goofball. Presumably blue is super into kendo/owns a katana/made a post about studying the blade once.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
gently caress furries for trying to hijack their way onto the LGBTQI movement. It's not a drat identity it's a stupid-rear end fetish.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Ularg posted:

Also I honestly can't tell if they are cleaning his butt crack or just another fat fold.

I think that was the left thigh-calf gulch.

Holy hell do I feel like a salad right now.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
Never seen skin crack that deeply before. There's probably change and dust in that little snag. I'm glad it's not bleeding but now my brain is wondering why it isn't and oh god :gonk:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Garrand posted:

gently caress the internet. Why do I know that?

Too much internet loving

Doctor Somfin prescribes you internet chastity for a day

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

V for Velveeta (sorry if I stole this one)

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

How horrible, the kid is 15, loves xir mom and is trying to discover xir identity.

At that age I'd already been an astronaut twice and was working on my presidency.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

oldpainless posted:

Does that kid say he's a loving wolf? Lmao

Kids have a duty to be fuckin' morons oldpainless my good friend

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Oh god I remember being in denial like this.

Not to this extent, mind you. I was at least fifteen pounds lighter than this lady at my heaviest.

But seriously, that denial-of-reality poo poo is the loving worst and it's toxic and if you have anyone in your life enabling it, it will never stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Sinners Sandwich posted:

What broke that cycle if you're willing to share? How do you stop someone enabling those thoughts.

Being told the words "morbidly obese" by a doctor, getting the gently caress out of a series of enabling relationships, exercising enough to fix my brokebrain regarding exercise being impossible for me (which enabling ex no. 2 reinforced like gently caress), and setting a goal weight for the end of the year. Also realising that "hungry" isn't a totally negative emotion helped.

The moment when you put on an old favourite shirt and it's a hilarious clown tent on you is the best fuckin' moment.

• Locked thread