Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

Congrats! How much did you lose if you're willing to share?

30 ish pounds so far. Got another 30 to lose before I'm done, and I've started lifting so it's being replaced by muscle. If I don't make my goal weight by December 31 because I'm too stronk, I'm gonna call it a win.

Apparently it's having a significant impact on my appearance already, and I sure feel better about basically everything all the time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

The Saddest Rhino posted:

that takes a lot of willpower and i am proud of you

I'm actually disappointed by how little effort it's taken to get this far. Like, I was expecting agonizing battles with my base instincts but it turns out it's mostly just "you already had a slice of the company birthday cake today, no cookies for you, eat your tasty small chicken pita and drink a protein shake and feel good you dope." One of the big problems that's been keeping me fat is memory holing previous eating or justifying serious regular binges as minor indulgences. I'm just lucky that my heart and blood pressure have always been remarkably healthy for my weight, and that I caught this poo poo when I was relatively young.

Also gym folks are really friendly and a lot of them like teaching newbies and if I'd known that lifting was just JRPG grinding at a younger age I'd probably be a professional powerlifter now.

But thanks ya wonderful goons, the support is truly appreciated and y'all rock. :kimchi: I'll dig up a photo of my fat bastard former self for thread content soon.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

A lovely Reporter posted:

Keep it up, you're doing great. Honestly, I could use better diet habits too, even if I'm not fat yet. Gonna not snack anymore today or tomorrow.

Snacking's a weaning thing. Snack smaller and less efficiently until you just sorta let it go. Cut it off cold turkey and your brain will turn it into a reward mechanism that it will abuse like hell.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Leavemywife posted:

I drink diet pop, thank you very much.

...I'm not helping my case, am I?

Diet soda is loving you up big time. It makes you get used to having the aftertaste of something sweet in your mouth at all times. It also feels like it absolves you of a lot of diet sins when it really doesn't.

Cut the soda.

Also count calories and be real about it. I get to have a double quarter pounder on the regular because I limit my caloric intake elsewhere. Skip the fries and drink because that's a minimum of 300 calories you don't need to waste on bad carbs. You're probably memory holing eating (it's a big problem), so stop doing that.

Basically read YLLS' weight loss thread OP every couple weeks. Shine knows their poo poo.

E: and boost your protein intake. If you're a big guy you'll probably need powders. Optimum Nutrition is really good.

Somfin has a new favorite as of 22:09 on Mar 29, 2017

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Jmcrofts posted:

Stop spreading misinformation.

Controlled studies have shown no difference in bone density loss between carbonated and regular water.

A can of diet coke has 40mg of soda which is less than 2% of the daily recommended intake. Even if you drink 2 liters of soda a day that's less than 10% of your daily sodium

Diet soda still fucks your eating and drinking habits up though

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Solice Kirsk posted:

Ha! They loving wish they looked as slim as that cartoon.

I've noticed a real aversion to depicting rolls or folds or love handles or extra chins in haes-style art. Almost like those features are objectively ugly. Huge thighs, big arms, thick necks, sure, but don't touch that waistline or the face silhouette!

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Hedrigall posted:

I think the question might be "Why am i too fat to pick up these games i dropped???"

The camera angle alone makes me think of someone who starts doing that lip-smack panting thing just from getting up

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost
The m'lady

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Megabound posted:

It's not MGTOW but Gamergate. The question still remains unanswerable.

Because you see they're not like those other girls

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Hedrigall posted:

Why do all fat nerds have piggy noses? Like I see tons of fat people with normal noses but as soon as they have a fedora and neckbeard, their nose is like 100% nostril. It's loving weird

Poor camera skills make any face AUG. Slightly high angle, 3/4 shot and slight neck extension and literally any face can look halfway to okay.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

U.T. Raptor posted:

mockthread.txt

Except for Tropers. No-one defended TVTropes.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

I am jealous of that cow's nice round muscle-y butt is that bad

Only because you neglected to refer to it as "beefy"

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Fleta Mcgurn posted:

awwwww fudgesicles!

Aw drat you shoulda said "beefy rump" that woulda been sweet

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

You say that like there's another kind..?

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

No joke, well done to the family/friends for going along with what is presumably a crazy-rear end last wish.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

We Know Catheters posted:

I worked with this guy a long time ago

https://youtu.be/KoU2QJAAfW8

Give us the scoop, WKC! What was this goober like back in his old life?

Holy gently caress I've never seen such an in-depth attempt to disguise a weak jawline. He's got a three-fold bloatee going on and it's doing nothing for him.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

We Know Catheters posted:

Grocery store, he was a cashier. He got fired, after I had left, for making comments towards a customer.

That video is on his YouTube account. The other videos are just as crazy.

:perfect:

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

I'm kinkshaming the gently caress out of this

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Pastry of the Year posted:

Weirdly, "too much" and "not enough" are both equally viable answers.

Lotta trees, zero forest.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Subjunctive posted:

What tech did his money come from? I gotta know.

He doesn't have any fuckin' money and he doesn't have a personal chef. It's artifice designed to fool himself into believing that he's successful.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Slugnoid posted:

how poo poo does your life have to be to get jealous of the imaginary man who gets to sleep with your imaginary daughter in 20 years.

American media has a really weird thing where it basically makes male dad characters' (ex-)wives and daughters into the same entity. And then that gets overlaid with the tendency to sexualise the gently caress out of every female character in media. It leads to this weird state where American men believe that they're entitled to their daughters in some weird quasi-incestuous ownership thing that just gets weirder and more worrying the more you think about it.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

Hihohe posted:

This is the worst episode of Monster Factory

Turn on your monitor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

Nap Ghost

PCOS Bill posted:

Why are leftists such disgusting degenerates at all times?

Dunno, why is Hannity going to bat for a dead sex abuser?

• Locked thread