Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

twistedmentat posted:

This actually seems more like a case of too much stuff, to little space, but still, poo poo.

There's like around a thousand dollars in superguns under that lovely TV. The SEGA style one you can see the pink joystick from retails for something like ~600 bucks IIRC, or at least it used to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

People really forget that a lot of disco was like modern EDM in that it just contained super repetitive low substance lines repeated over and over and over backed by a single catchy hook. Because this has been a pretty solid constant in the realm of "music people who are high as gently caress want to dance to" since forever. Even going back to the dawn of popular music, Oh Susanna got popular because it was easy to just keep riffing on the hook in between all the verses while drunk people danced about. I think these days you go back and look at popular disco hits that are still around, even stuff like Staying Alive, and wonder just where the vitriol and hatred came from since that music isn't so bad. But it's poo poo like this, or this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWRWYYt47RI that was the main source of anti-disco ire back in the day. Just really garbage music all around.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

hackbunny posted:

Something weird that I’ve noticed is that about 20 percent of my customers will refuse to buy one of my videos if the featured car has a V6 engine. They don’t consider a V6 powerful enough, and they only want to see videos with V8 engines. Other guys prefer manual transmissions because they want to see the way a woman handles the clutch.

Sometimes, their fanaticism surprises me. I once made one video with an old Volkswagen Beetle. A customer emailed me complaining that he could tell from the sound alone that the car’s starter wasn’t the original. I checked in with my buddy who owns the car and he told me that he had, in fact, replaced the original starter with a later model. That was a little bit crazy.

:lol:

I believe this, Volkswagen people are rivaled in their crazy obsession only by Jbody weebs. The absolute hatred obsessive water cooled VW people have for air cooled VW people and vice versa is one of the more hilarious car feuds on the internet.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
That's pretty close, I'm pretty sure his hair was dyed and the actual clothes were some kind of bright red or pink though.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Found it:

Originally posted by Dienes

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

BrigadierSensible posted:

Is she getting in or out of that bin?

This is important.

Riding side saddle.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Why isn't this woman worried about the obese bigfoot casting a shadow on her!?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

This would be perfect for robbing a bank

Doesn't work as well as you'd imagine: http://www.cnn.com/2016/08/19/us/alleged-fugitive-dresses-as-elderly-man/

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
FYI that's a picture of Koji Igarashi, the dude who was the lead dev for Castlevania from Symphony of the Night onward.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

cash crab posted:

I am vaguely concerned about their ages.

Considering I'm pretty sure one of them is Pixyteri, the answer is probably a lot older than you'd expect.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

LingcodKilla posted:

That's not a real fish. The fins are too uniform in appearance. It's just too perfect.

Yes it's very clearly photoshopped, but now I want to know what the original picture was...

Fathis Munk posted:

AUG Thread: it's obviously a sex thing

There's been a lot of nice titles recently.

Also yeah that gallery is mystifying but the sauerkraut snowman cracked me the gently caress up.

I had seen one of those in a pretty great imgur collection, that I don't remember if I posted here or not. It also included this old favourite of mine

E: uh actually I guess this one is :nws: for dido chair
http://i.imgur.com/c2M08jW.jpg

There might be some :nws: in the album, can't recall http://m.imgur.com/gallery/51UkO

The best part is that the one with the guy next to the UPS truck is a goon. IIRC he was driving to a wedding and saw the accident so he pulled over and took that picture holding a sewing machine that was in his trunk just to weird people out.

El Estrago Bonito has a new favorite as of 11:06 on Dec 2, 2016

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Who was the guy who used to troll old GBS constantly with his opinions about hardline communism? I was just thinking about how quaint and unbannable his posts would be today in new GBS.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Palisader posted:

Not Commie Ned Flanders, I assume?

I want to say their username was female sounding?

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

I dunno what you're talking about : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7jO3UofL3g

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

FrozenVent posted:

I learned nothing new by scrolling down.

I think this guy is the younger brother of a guy I went to school with. They got kicked out of a Sikh cult because they were too weird, so this seems right in line.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

LingcodKilla posted:

Looks staged. That carpet is way too clean.

More likely the person is just bipolar and goes through the depressive state/manic state cycle and so every few weeks they go into crazy mode and clean everything super well when they're riding the manic high and then retreat into the pizza and videogame hole a day or two later.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
My friend did some feeder stuff over Kik for a while. She said it was the easiest money she ever made. She'd just have her friend take (clothed!) pictures at really unflattering angles and dudes would send her hundreds of dollars, pizza hut gift cards and buffet groupons.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Fathis Munk posted:

Taken from here which you should click on if only for the :nws:ish first one
http://imgur.com/gallery/MHbOO

The Orion one at least makes sense. Orion was a gimmick you could really only pull off in the pre internet era. He was a guy named Jimmy Ellis who just happened to be able to sing and look a whole hell of a lot like Elvis. So he burst onto the scene right after Elvis had died, the first big "Elvis faked his death" rumors were going around, and suddenly you had this mysterious guy in a mask who sounded like Elvis and looked a whole lot like what many people imagined Elvis would have looked like if he got back into shape. He also showed up right as country music was in a really awful place, pop country was dominated by the gaudy cornball saccharine rhinestone cowboy look and alternative or "folk country" was full of outlaw country guys who didn't want to be associated with country music at all and were fairly controversial among your standard country fan. So here comes this guy who sounds like an icon from the good old days of country, and a lot of people regardless of if they thought he was secretly Elvis or not, saw it as a return to form and he gathered a pretty strong following.

Dude really sounds like Elvis though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqvhTqbVJ3s

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Jestery posted:

Related, this is a wacky instrument of which like 100 were produced, this demo guy is horribly soft spoken and the instrument seem awkward to use so i guess it fits here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqdVQ9VdoAg

I was certain this would be a video about the Eigenharp:
https://youtu.be/Y3Laq2788EE

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Guy Goodbody posted:

Maybe you couldn't pull off that look, but that dude is killing it.

If by "it" you mean "taste" than sure.

Megabound posted:

This is my mate, he's absolutely a top bloke.

But he seems to be taking fashion tips off an old thread favorite.

You should send him a link to my favorite named online store:
http://www.ethnicmonarch.com/

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch

Solice Kirsk posted:

Let's not forget the guy that died butt-chugging Mylanta in a movie theater or whatever.

I thought that guy OD'd on Immodium? Which if people here don't know, because why would you, Immodium is essentially a low grade opiod. Heroin/Oxy addicts sometimes take it because it can stave off the DTs. The amount you have to take to get actually high is so much that it puts you in danger of death from an impacted colon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
Everything I've heard about Trump points solidly to him having adult ADHD and Dyslexia. All of the signs are there to support both. When you listen to people close to him talk about how he can't stay focused, has never read a full book in his life, gets super focused on one thing and refuses to drop it for hours, that kind of stuff is highly indicative of those specific learning disorders. The dictating thing makes a ton of sense, dictating is a very common and well supported method for helping people with dyslexia or similar writing disorders handle writing and correspondence and people with dyslexia often have strong aversions to reading anything that isn't purely technical.

• Locked thread