Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ularg posted:

My friend had Zelda music at their wedding, no weird wardrobe, though. I was cringing but honestly most of the family there probably doesn't know where the music came from.

I've hinted to my fiancée that I'm going to slip "Careless Whisper" into our wedding somehow, because I like to suddenly play the song whenever we're trying to find music to play for something.

I once turned on the 10 hour version while taking a shower. She came into the bathroom and turned it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I kinda feel bad about this one since I know the guy, but combine this look with being an unashamed brony and he just hits all the markers.

There's also this, which he was tagged in. I don't know the context except that it's a "Q&A group going to Jersey".

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Perestroika posted:

Dude's already got a pretty big, round head, and then he goes ahead and picks the narrowest possible hat with a tiny brim that only makes his head look even fatter.

I will admit that some people just don't have the head for a hat. I've never once found a hat that actually looks good on me, no matter what style or size.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I don't think he has to worry about getting a date.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

EmmyOk posted:

I got incredibly high the other night and watched all of the infomericals for The Gathering of the Juggalos and honestly it was a life altering experience that'd I'd recommend to everyone.

and one more of Boondox because he's my favourite :allears:

So is it actually like, part of the creed for a Juggalo to be overweight or does that just come naturally?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

TheDon01 posted:

Looks like a lot of other "maybe felonious" AR-15s I see at the range.

drat short barrel and a VFG, it counts as a pistol because that "stock" isn't really one, or is it now? I haven't followed the ATF decisions on that dumb thing.

Edit: just noticed there isn't any loving sights on that drat thing.

The ATF declared that the SIG Brace isn't classified as a stock as long as you don't use it as one. As soon as you shoulder it like a stock, it becomes a stock in the eyes of the law and therefore makes it a short-barreled rifle rather than a pistol.

He's hosed either way unless he registered that thing as something. A vertical foregrip on a pistol makes it Any Other Weapon, while a stock makes it a Short-Barreled Rifle. He's dancing on both sides of the "federal felony unless registered and used in a specific manner" line.

Last page, but I finally listened to an Insane Clown Posse song that wasn't "Miracles".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z3f5hqBWvQ

quote:

I went to piss, nothing came out, I shook it
And pulled it, it snapped right off in my hand

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Xen Tricks posted:

I know it's something that has been low key a part of the human experience forever, but why is it that more recently defining yourself entirely by the media you consume has become commonplace?

Gary was a Brony, lived a Brony, died a Brony. He had a Brony apartment, had exclusively Brony friends, was given a Brony funeral. How can something consume your life so entirely to the point where your personality is your consumption of a given media and nothing else?

It seems only recently that the hyper focused form of this has come around, going from oh Mike's a comic nerd or Greg's a Sci fi geek to James is a Whovian. Why?

It's always existed. The Internet just allows modern man to congregate around shared interests. People who would normally be ostracized in their town if they didn't keep their weirdness a secret can communicate with similar weirdos thousands of miles away and organize their own subculture.

It's the same reason people think the world is getting more violent or society is decaying when statistically we're getting better: modern communication technology allows you to see the problems the whole planet faces, rather than just dealing with your locale.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

MizPiz posted:

I'm going to be the guy that puts the blame on capitalism. Everyone's right that this has been a part of the human condition since humans became a thing, but the focus on the media (or any other product, really) they consume is based on specific brands and IPs becoming a way to identify the identify a facet of one's personality ("this is the truck real men own" "this is the computer creative free-thinkers use"). This not only makes owning the product a way to tangibly prove you are that type of person, it makes the degree which you are quantifiable, meaning owning more makes you more of that type of person. Media is easier consume regularly than a physical product, so it's going to be what more people use as a means to identify themselves.

Though, there are people identify to a specific product or brand to an almost cult-like degree.

What you're saying is communists are against bronies.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Red Suit posted:

Soup Scissors Gang?

Bowl Cut Gang.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

garfield hentai posted:

Quora's pretty good in general, worth checking out if you'd think Yahoo! Answers would be funnier if everyone was up their own rear end over how smart they think they are

I keep getting Quora emails for some reason and 95% of the questions are something to do with police abuse, with the top response always being a cop or retired cop saying "You civvies just don't understand what it's like, man."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Data Graham posted:

It all comes down to whatever you said your interests were when you first (perhaps unwittingly) signed up. I get a digest every morning with a new slate of questions from people asking which is better, Java or Python.

The thing is, I don't even remember signing up. They just suddenly started appearing.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

bringmyfishback posted:

Awww, I like her outfit. Also, hilarious post/username combo.

She's one of the really unfortunate combinations of being quite pretty and having good fashion sense but being in spectacularly poor physical condition. I don't even know how you manage to get that big; you need either a medical condition or extreme inability to take care of yourself.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

WrenP-Complete posted:

See how some of the answer responses are red in color? That indicates that the person who was looking at the profile marked that answer choice as unacceptable. The opposite isn't true though, the black answer text could just be the profile viewed by an account that didn't answer that question.

OkCupid doesn't let you view the answers to any questions unless you answer them. Though it would still show up as black if you put "No preference" or whatever it is for the "What answer do you want your partner to pick?" option. Unless the person who screencapped it was equally weird, they may have just made a fake profile and threw up random answers just to see what the other guy put.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I would have left too.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

WrenP-Complete posted:

Did a protestor get hit in the second video?

It's hard to tell because they're all crowding around the fender but I think at most they just got nudged slightly.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Catnipped posted:

Went to a vegan protest once back in my "crusty vest with animal welfare patches and weed crumbs" days and the only thing we did was give the pigs bottled water on their way into slaughter bc of how high the temps were that summer. That's the kinda stuff people need to focus on, the animals themselves, not the people going about their lives and trying to do their jobs. Vegans act like they're the only ones who know that farm animals are treated bad when everyone knows. They use shock tactics so much which just makes people hate em.

Not vegan anymore though, doctor's orders. I think it's possible to be vegan and not be a dick but it honestly depends on how logical that person's willing to be. "Release every farm animal to a rescue ranch and let bees go free too" vs "better cages for chickens so their legs arent all hosed up" because healthier/happier animals produce better products anyway.

/Ramble

I've always been of the opinion that the death of animals for food is a natural part of the circle of life that long predates humanity. The entire history of life is organic beings consuming other organic beings for sustenance, from the first single-celled organisms to mass produced frozen beef patties. Death comes for everything, and the vast majority of wild animals have a much more painful and terrifying death than being euthanized for slaughter: being taken down by a predator and strangled to death or torn apart, a long and painful battle with disease, etc.

I do think we owe it to ourselves to fight for animal rights in the sense that food animals are given better conditions instead of being put through painful, cramped, and short existences. But suggesting that we just set everything free and totally stop the slaughter of animals for meat or the production of dairy products is displaying an incredible lack of understanding for the realities of the animals' lives if they were released into the wild as is suggested. It's commendable in a sense that they want to avoid harm, but it's not like a cow or pig is going to live a carefree and pleasant life in the field for decades if suddenly thrown into the forest. More likely it'll survive about as long as it would domestically before having its throat torn out by a coyote or getting swine dysentery and making GBS threads itself to death.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Funnel.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Red Suit posted:

Source is a 4chan offsite mlp news site I guess?

The source was suspect, so I looked it up.

It appears to be real.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

poo poo, a new release from The Classless Louts? Lookin' good, guys.

I always thought people like this were a rarity, but on Sunday at Halloween Horror Nights I saw a guy wearing an honest-to-god black robe, like a Harry Potter style wizard's robe, over regular street clothes.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

china bot posted:

bury me in the uncanny valley

It really wouldn't be a bad idea if they didn't try so goddamn hard to make every character look exactly like the TV version. I'm surprised Hermes is just a black dude with dreads and not wearing a CGI-enhanced rubber mask to make his face fatter.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ularg posted:

I can't imagine how horrible it is to be a women in a game shop. Because no matter how clear it is that you're with someone else or how long you've been there you will have several creepy dudes making awkward glances the entire time.

I was honestly impressed at the last con I was at. My girlfriend (now fiancee) and I went into the tabletop room, which had a local gaming store send over a ton of their stock and set up a mini shop taking up a wall and a half. They had a husband and wife team as two of the people running the booth, which likely helped stymie any "But you're a girl" notions from any of the players, and the two of them were also the ones running the mini D&D sessions you could sign up for.

In general, the local convention scene seems to be better about that kind of thing than a game store. A lot of the vendors are women and there's a huge female presence everywhere, which seems to force the assholes to keep their traps shut about whether or not they're appropriately nerdy. Perving on girls in skimpy costumes, though? That poo poo ain't going away.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

drink Dr Pepper actually posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6AzUv3LXDc

The moderator recoiling as if he were physically slapped by the word gets me every time.

Going back to cons, I actually had a vendor booth at a small one earlier this year. Way fewer awkward people than I expected. However, there was a Deadpool cosplayer that stayed in character while she was at my booth, and started slapping the things she wanted with her toy sword while mumbling jokes through her mask that I couldn't make out.

There tends to be a stupid amount of Deadpool cosplayers at any given con, especially after the movie. It's common to see them congregate.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

It's really a cleanliness issue, so yes. Snip those teeth. And to answer the other poster, in assuming the balls are below the gum line. Like baby teeth.

Does that mean that when he gets old enough, the dicks fall out and his balls grow in?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BrigadierSensible posted:

I just had a thought:

Given Bronies are called "Bronies", and lady Bronies are called "Pegasisters": What do these people call the actual target market for the show? IE What do the stunted manchildren with their fuckable plushies call actual fans?

Judging from how they treat Fluttershy, "prey".

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Fathis Munk posted:

Oh you don't know this delightful dude yet ?

Enjoy. :nws: http://i.imgur.com/z915bn4.jpg

The comments are what really sell how amazed everyone is at this.

"Bondage. Because otherwise even a lifeless plushie would try to escape."

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I am deeply concerned.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Tetracube posted:

I wonder how he explains MLP being a show on TV. A portal to the pony world? Are the ponies OK with being spied on for human amusement? Did the writers create the ponyverse using magic?

He mentioned something about no longer being a Brony because the show "stopped being accurate to the real Equestria".

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

BrigadierSensible posted:

I truly don't know if this is mental illness, or intentional self delusion.

I dunno. Normally I'd obviously say he's crazy as a shithouse rat. But then you get posts where he talks about how he knows she isn't really Twilight Sparkle and is just a stuffed animal. But then a while later he turns around and denounces his prior statements as lies and goes deeper into the fiction.

It almost seems like he's so terminally lonely that he's more comfortable lying to himself and digging the rabbit hole deeper than finding a way to live in reality.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Knormal posted:

Wait that looks to be a digital camera she's holding. How is that picture not from the 70's or early 80's?

It looks like a cheap point-and-shoot 35mm like a Kodak Star or something. I have a few like that in my collection from the 1990s.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

That nazi has an Enfield. Immersion ruined.

That is absolutely a Kar 98k. It even has the disc in the stock.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Megabound posted:

Here's the aftermath of a hoarder and poop bottle collector:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xY7m4KzYR4Q

Stay safe AUG thread.

I can't understand how someone can be this dense. "I thought it was the mold and dust! I didn't think all the urine and poop splashed around my house was anything bad!"

I made it all the way to the bucket emptying before gagging. Just seeing all the lovely piss water splashing around was almost too much for me. I can't imagine how anyone on the crew was able to get even close to the house without a gas mask; you must be able to smell it from the other side of the street.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

bean_shadow posted:

In a lot of episodes they do wear gas masks. Not sure why they didn't in this one.

ETA: Oh but you see, the neighbors never complained. So it must have been ok.

I will say that legit gas masks (not just 3M respirators but legit fully sealed military gas masks) are surprisingly excellent at keeping out the atmosphere. I have an old Russian or Ukrainian-produced PBF gas mask that I've worn for things like trash burns and it's like your own little atmosphere in there. The filters are long gone from the age of the thing so I wouldn't trust it for serious CRBN threats, but you can hold your head over a roaring fire and not even smell the smoke (plus your eyes are protected as well, and serious trash piles like this house fume). The obvious downsides are greater difficulty breathing, hearing, seeing, and speaking.

Also, that recap reveals some things from the full episode that make her sound even worse:

quote:

She likes that she can eat that stuff, see that her house is filled with fecal matter, and she’s still standing. It’s a very bizarre survivalist game she has in her head, and it’s incredibly unhealthy on multiple levels. Dr. Zasio realizes that she gets actual pleasure from eating food with poop on it. Shanna is amused by their concern, and this is not a good situation for anyone.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

fullroundaction posted:

This makes me super sad. On the other hand, scientists should study her immune system because how is she alive.

Like when Ozzy Osbourn got his genome sequenced and found that he has a genetic resistance to drugs?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Sludge Tank posted:

Thailand brah

What is this?! An AUG for ants?!

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Helios Grime posted:

Bad hygiene is pretty AUG.

I wish this was behind a link because now my arms feel itchy.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Can we just spam this thread with posts until we move onto another page and never have to see these last few things again?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

dads_work_files posted:

I thought what actually happened was that the catfish was the one that contacted the show, and the investigation was just a case of using the information the victim gives them to lead back to the person they already know but I could be wrong.

Yeah, this ended up in a report a few years ago. In most cases, the catfisher is the one who contacts the show. Everyone has to sign contracts to appear on the show beforehand, so it would be virtually impossible for MTV to actually make the identity of the catfish a surprise to themselves. Apparently the hosts truly don't know who the catfisher is and do authentic research to try and identify them, but the producers are aware of everything going down.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Jestery posted:

Can a company be aug?

I find nothing wrong with this sense of humor.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Megabound posted:

Nope, he shoved the same sound down his dick again but this time coated in honey because he read that a trial had shown that it helped combat infection. He's posting actively right now.

You ever read something that's so painful that it makes your hands feel weak?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

murphyslaw posted:

When I was 14 I had my toe amputated. After the procedure I asked the doctor at the hospital if I could keep it in like a jar of formaldehyde. He didn't bat an eye, just said that unfortunately they'd thrown it away but that it was a relatively common request.

That is my toe story.

I was a weird 14 year old.

So you should ask before the surgery, got it.

• Locked thread