Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPbg21cSR5Y

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Things is tough in the hood but that ain't no excuse for poor oral hygiene and that's why the squad call me Toothpaste.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Both fights with Stiff Devin were useless since he told us the info we were after before the fight started. What a game.

By the way, they call me Mashed-Nuts Crimeman

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Crowetron posted:

Both fights with Stiff Devin were useless since he told us the info we were after before the fight started. What a game.

By the way, they call me Mashed-Nuts Crimeman

Yeah, but our protagonist is dumb and apparently in denial about his brother's fighting addiction. Not that Hiro Protagonist here would know anything about that condition.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

You know, where I come from, nobody wants a piece of Cake

pick-e
Aug 10, 2014
This game so far, is amazing and making me question why I picked up God Hand over it back in the day. May have to track down a copy for myself.

Oh, and after stuff like "The Infant" and "Pork n Beans" I'm going to with an equally immature gang name: Nosepick!

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

its time to meet another of my top 2 final fight streetwise characters, please look forward to my bottom 2 final fight streetwise characters video in 2018

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Ey, whattsa matta wit you? I'm tryin' to eat pizza ova here!

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
:(

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
I can't believe you fought your way into the headquarters of the Cake Boss and his various stereotypes.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

As a fat, uneducated man who enjoys pasta, this episode was very triggering.

Toast Whisperer
May 12, 2015
The neighbours on my street know me as Tim's twenty dollar tuna

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

its time to meet the only final fight fanservice in this game

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

I can't believe you met and beat up Longshore Man X's brothers Gangster X and Soldier X.

TheJayOfSpade
Jun 21, 2012

The Thread was destroyed,
but hey, what can you do?
Mike Haggar was a former pro-wrestler, of course he's pulling all his punches.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

Ain't nobody gently caress wit' tha Floor Snack Ballaz!

:eats food found randomly on the ground and then engages in criminal activity:

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
When we actually gonna do criminal things like, I dunno, eat spaghetti or somethin?

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
At tround twelve minutes into the video somebody jokes about how in a diferent cannon Mike Haggar is president. That actually is cannon, his ending in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is him getting elected president.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

FutureFriend posted:

The back of the box for the European release of Final Fight "Streetwise" promises tracks from MF Doom and RZA but snatches that hope away by providing one track which is just a collab.

wth, gently caress this horrible game. talk about yer broken promise.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

David D. Davidson posted:

At tround twelve minutes into the video somebody jokes about how in a diferent cannon Mike Haggar is president. That actually is cannon, his ending in Marvel vs. Capcom 3 is him getting elected president.

Is Captain America his VP?

Tippecanoe
Jan 26, 2011

I'm dealing with some really bad sinus stuff today, so I'm 2 Sick 2 Work

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

White Coke posted:

Is Captain America his VP?

I just had to know, so I found a video. His VP is Tony Stark, though Cap and Chris Redfield show up to the Oval to check in on how he's doing.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Psion posted:

I just had to know, so I found a video. His VP is Tony Stark, though Cap and Chris Redfield show up to the Oval to check in on how he's doing.

Secretaries of Veteran's Affairs, and Health and Human Services respectively I'd imagine.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay I got the Stamp of Approval! :dance:

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.
Listen I'm late to the show because my gangster name is farm grown

and befitting an enthusiasm for both doing street activities on the farm and doing violence activities on the street, my gangster name is Free Beets

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012
I am also late to the show but I remember this game being a worse mid-2000s ghetto brawler from Capcom than Beat Down was, and Beat Down was pretty bad to start with.

Also, since my street activities were pretty much bashing people with a pipe in a dead end street in a suburb until they made the noise of the pipe in Streets of Rage 2, my gang name is Cul de Crack

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
my gang name is Hates The Game, btw. this loving game.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Since they're not going to be using it, my street name is Brangelina.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

we go to the last district in metro city and meet the last original final fight character

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Oh thank god Japan Town Street Ninjas are on our side?

Ghost of Starman
Mar 9, 2008
It's getting kind of meta, seeing a Japanese game's take on Western culture's take on modern Japan's take on ancient Japan's stealthy assassins. :psyduck:

Fake edit: Especially since what they apparently wound up with was "Fight Club, but with sillier outfits."

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
This is the soundtrack for the level:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3UqrjkWq9E

The metal bands aren't exactly bargain bin bands. Soulfy, Slipknot, Fear Factory... those are some big names. I think everything just sounds lovely in the context of that game.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

I guess the schoolgirl assassins hadn't been informed about the main character's status change from foe to friend, or they never knew about him and just assumed he was a filthy Italian. Just think how much easier breaking out of that place would have been with a dozen identical girls named Stabbu-kun backing you up. :nyoron:

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

kjetting posted:

The metal bands aren't exactly bargain bin bands. Soulfy, Slipknot, Fear Factory... those are some big names. I think everything just sounds lovely in the context of that game.

i think the big problem is, that even if i liked this kind of metal out of the context of the game hip hop is almost entirely the opposite musically, while this sort of music is centered around making loud, memorable instrumentals and for lack of a better term, noise to satisfy the brain, hip-hop is more centered around lyricisms and melodicism. they're just completely at odds with eachother and there isn't much intersection between tastes.

vvv Score Album Track listing:
"Bat Woman" – 2:14 - Played when Frank saw a woman throwing trash.

FutureFriend fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Sep 28, 2016

kjetting
Jan 18, 2004

Hammer Time
Yeah, there's definitely a glaring lack of direction on the soundtrack. Mixing metal and hip hop can work if it's done well, like on the legendary soundtrack to the totally forgettable movie Judgement Night. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judgment_Night_(soundtrack)

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

kjetting posted:

Yeah, there's definitely a glaring lack of direction on the soundtrack. Mixing metal and hip hop can work if it's done well, like on the legendary soundtrack to the totally forgettable movie Judgement Night. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judgment_Night_(soundtrack)

And the best song from said album https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uiiy-_ZiB0s

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

kjetting posted:

please, this isn't middle school, we can say slipknot is poo poo now

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
But-but two drummers, two drummers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

Everyone knows that Devo is the only TRUE band for any self respecting gangster :colbert:

• Locked thread