Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
I can't get over how hard this game just took a ridiculous swerve in the final act. They took their sorta serviceable (if goofy) gang story and one of the directors just scribbled "BIBLE DRUG ZOMBIES" over the last page.

What I'm saying is that this would have been way better if the final boss had been the pasta guy. Still, the commentary made it fun to watch. Thanks for another really great LP.

EDIT: Final Update on the last page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

I just realized that they messed up Belger's name in the cutscene subtitles where it says "Belgar". I can't believe they messed up a common Bible story name and also the name of one of their own characters.

2-ill for Mayor

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

quoted for new page

FutureFriend posted:

here it is, the final update of streetwise. i hope you all enjoyed watching the lp, folks!

Jade Star
Jul 15, 2002

It burns when I LP
I liked the little name drop that 2-Ill was previously known as 2-P, one of the baddies from the original Final Fight. If i remember right, he was one of the fast, low hp, sneaky attack you from behind jerks.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

for the love of all that is holy, how do you gently caress up "Cain" in "Cain and Abel", one of the most used biblical references in the history of mankind

TheJayOfSpade
Jun 21, 2012

The Thread was destroyed,
but hey, what can you do?
Cut scenes? Buddy, I wish all the scenes were cut.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Really seems that without cutscenes this is par for the course as far as arcade beat-em-ups go, so really the cutscenes are one of the only thing to remember this game by. Speaking of which, I for some reason though there was a Resident Evil 3 reference of the entire city gets nuked at the end of this and I don't know why I thought this.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Fabulousvillain posted:

Really seems that without cutscenes this is par for the course as far as arcade beat-em-ups go, so really the cutscenes are one of the only thing to remember this game by. Speaking of which, I for some reason though there was a Resident Evil 3 reference of the entire city gets nuked at the end of this and I don't know why I thought this.

Wishful thinking.

TooMuchAbstraction
Oct 14, 2012

I spent four years making
Waves of Steel
Hell yes I'm going to turn my avatar into an ad for it.
Fun Shoe

Color Printer posted:

for the love of all that is holy, how do you gently caress up "Cain" in "Cain and Abel", one of the most used biblical references in the history of mankind

You run a spellchecker over your script and don't look at the changes it makes.

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
At least you didn't run into any Abel semen down at the docks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Thanks for this LP even though I didn't get to participate in the thread (noticed it too late). It's always a pleasure to watch a FutureFriend LP. Also thanks for introducing me to the magic of Bigg Steele's "Tha Hood." It beats the hell out of nu-metal any day.

• Locked thread