Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Tia and Tamera were extremely my poo poo when I was 13. It was a good show, IMO.

Roger was my role model back then because no matter how much he got rejected by the sexy Black twins he never gave up.

E: this is now also the "Living Single" appreciation thread. Living Single was the superior Black predecessor to F*R*I*E*N*D*S much like R&B was to Rock and Roll.

Applewhite fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Aug 23, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
sister siiiiiisssster

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
Is that like "Sister Christian"?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
What's your price for flight op?

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

VendaGoat posted:

What's your price for flight op?

THE MOTOR REVS

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Three-Phase posted:

THE MOTOR REVS

:hfive:

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
queen latifah has my favorite

JiveHonky
May 12, 2001

by zen death robot
Grimey Drawer
gym socks

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
were Tia and Tamera really twins or was it camera tricks like Patty and Cathy

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I never watched this show because it was crap op.

Nigmaetcetera
Nov 17, 2004

borkborkborkmorkmorkmork-gabbalooins

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Tamera was a stop-motion animation that was inserted in post production.

criscodisco
Feb 18, 2004

do it
I will watch anything with Jackee in it.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Ein cooler Typ posted:

When Tamera was alone she was played by Tia, for scenes where they were both together Tamera was animatronic like Salem the Cat.

Kuato
Feb 25, 2005

"I CAN'T BELIEVE I ATE THE WHOLE THING"
Buglord
I didn't get that channel but I'd bone them the way they look now FYI; one of them was on the food network lately. this offer is open to either sister if one of them is reading

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax
That was an ok show that I remember OP. It was probably better than hanging with mr Cooper but not better than Martin. Maybe on par with Living Single

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
yeah i pretty much watched whatever Disney decided

it was good

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy
I think one of them has a reality show now.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
what is this thread about exactly

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

ROFLburger posted:

what is this thread about exactly

Sister sister.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006
whats that?

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I remember one episode of Moesha I was really confused by a joke. Brandi made a joke like "dad, the last time you thought you had a good idea, you bought a Saturn" and everyone in the audience laughed. Did she mean a Sega Saturn? It was around that time so it's possible but I doubt anyone on that show even knew wtf a Sega Saturn was. Did she mean a Saturn car? I don't get that either. They weren't particularly bad, and even with something like the Pinto you joke about the exact make, you don't just say Ford.

Help me solve this 20 year old mystery.

Vitruvio
Jan 28, 2015

Applewhite posted:

When Tamera was alone she was played by Tia, for scenes where they were both together Tamera was animatronic like Salem the Cat.

I miss practical effects. Today, Tamera would probably just be CG.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Great show. Used to watch it on Disney Channel

Dr. Lariat
Jul 1, 2004

by Lowtax

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I remember one episode of Moesha I was really confused by a joke. Brandi made a joke like "dad, the last time you thought you had a good idea, you bought a Saturn" and everyone in the audience laughed. Did she mean a Sega Saturn? It was around that time so it's possible but I doubt anyone on that show even knew wtf a Sega Saturn was. Did she mean a Saturn car? I don't get that either. They weren't particularly bad, and even with something like the Pinto you joke about the exact make, you don't just say Ford.

I still drive my 14 year old Saturn. It's a fine basic car.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Remember the story arc where Ray is visited by the ghost of his dead wife? And the ghosts message is to stop worrying about me and go gently caress that other woman already?

There was also the episode where Tia is almost raped by an internet man posing as a professional photographer.

ChrisHansen
Oct 28, 2014

Suck my damn balls.
Lipstick Apathy

ROFLburger posted:

whats that?

Iirc a pair of twins get separated at birth and get adopted separately but then their parents meet and they're like "omg I never knew I had a twin" and they get in all kinds of silly situations

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Someone make a thread about Smart Guy.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Lariat posted:

I still drive my 14 year old Saturn. It's a fine basic car.

That's why I don't get the joke. If she said a Yugo I'd get the joke.

Hell, are you even allowed to bad mouth actual brands on TV shows anyway? Coke should have paid Brandi to take a sip of Pepsi and spit it out and be like "why'd you buy me this swill, Q?" if that's allowed.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice

it was a cheap american attempt making a economy car like the japanese had been for 10+ yrs and with a sightly odd name, thats it - let it go man, its Moesha!

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Mariana Horchata posted:

it was a cheap american attempt making a economy car like the japanese had been for 10+ yrs and with a sightly odd name, thats it - let it go man, its Moesha!

I can't let it go

Why did the audience laugh

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

I can't let it go

it's to condition you to laugh when the audience laughs even if it isn't very funny or if you don't understand why it's funny

obey

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

criscodisco posted:

I will watch anything with Jackee in it.

same except Tim Reid

okay maybe just WKRP

Applewhite posted:

I hear they're going with mocap in the reboot coming in 2018, but it's going to be Tamera donning the pingpong balls for both sisters

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

I can't let it go

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rSaaaWv-00

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Jackee is married to a weird gay man in real life and Roger went on to become the shortest R&B singer of all time

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Dr. Lariat posted:

That was an ok show that I remember OP. It was probably better than hanging with mr Cooper but not better than Martin. Maybe on par with Living Single

Living Single was also my poo poo and F*R*I*E*N*D*S ripped it off and made it white for the masses. I almost made this the "Sister Sister/Living Single appreciation station" but I was worried there wasn't enough overlap.

Ein cooler Typ
Nov 26, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Is Sister, Sister going to get the Full House revival treatment?

http://www.mtv.com/news/2148964/sister-sister-revival/

I sure hope so

Nolan Arenado
May 8, 2009

I never liked Sister, Sister op, sorry.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Ein cooler Typ posted:

Is Sister, Sister going to get the Full House revival treatment?

http://www.mtv.com/news/2148964/sister-sister-revival/

I sure hope so

Where are they gonna find two new Black twins though? A set of Black twins is only born once every hundred years.

mucocele
Nov 3, 2012
GO HOME, ROGER

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

mucocele posted:

GO HOME, ROGER

It was funny because he was sexually harassing those girls.

• Locked thread