Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013
I didnt watch raw but are the dudleys actually retired? cause it looks like wwe posted a clip of them leaving after that gallows and anderson attack and they're waving goodbye so?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

good on dean for being smart enough to not be wellnessed and being clean unlike his brother in arms roman reigns

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

WadeBartender posted:

I didnt watch raw but are the dudleys actually retired? cause it looks like wwe posted a clip of them leaving after that gallows and anderson attack and they're waving goodbye so?

The retirement promo came across as pretty sincere and it seemed sort of like Gallows and Anderson's attack was a "put over some other guys on your way out" stuff.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own
So I'm guessing they're gonna keep the Brock stuff under wraps for a while?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

The crowd popped really big for the end of Roman's match. I was legitimately surprised actually considering how hostile the crowd was for the whole thing, but basically right after he got the rope break off the Walls the crowd really swung in his favor. Probably because that Codebreaker kickout was hype as hell, I totally did not see it coming, and then Jericho heeling it up with the face slaps and Roman responding with all that Physical Charisma in full COME AT ME BRO mode is the kind of thing any wrestling fan is going to cheer for. So well done to all of them, good job getting the crowd on Roman's side for like a minute. We'll see how it goes from there.

Anyway, whether Roman wins or not depends on how much of their booking plan for Finn is intact. If they're keeping the same plan then yeah, it'll be Roman, but if they're rewriting from scratch Owens might get it, he and Jericho are the hot hand right now with the JeriKO act and there's good story to mine there.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Forceholy posted:

So I'm guessing they're gonna keep the Brock stuff under wraps for a while?

I don't think he's scheduled for another appearance this year

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU
the winner will be big cass

because hes not on the gas

and you can teach that

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

CubsWoo posted:

the winner will be big cass

because hes not on the gas

and you can teach that

Nah bruh, addiction is a disease. The commercial during professional wrestling program WWE RAW said so.

SpiritOfSanDimas
Oct 31, 2012

Chris James 2 posted:

Before:
After:

I mean standing really near the camera when its on a wide angle is gonna distort you. I do think his hair is getting thinner tho.

Also I was secretly on the Ambrose hate-train ever since his match with the Undertaker, which I thought sucked while everyone else loved it. Finally my people can show their face as public opinion has begun to turn against him

The Landstander
Apr 20, 2004

I stand on land.

SomeMathGuy posted:

The retirement promo came across as pretty sincere and it seemed sort of like Gallows and Anderson's attack was a "put over some other guys on your way out" stuff.

Relatedly, the Dudleys spent this whole run putting new teams over, good on them. :shobon:

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

When Dean flexes his arms in the ring during matches, there's an audible gasp from the crowd. His guns are registered weapons.

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

SpiritOfSanDimas posted:

I mean standing really near the camera when its on a wide angle is gonna distort you. I do think his hair is getting thinner tho.

Also I was secretly on the Ambrose hate-train ever since his match with the Undertaker, which I thought sucked while everyone else loved it. Finally my people can show their face as public opinion has begun to turn against him

Dean Ambrose's hair is thinning and he's only two years older than I am. How old was Cena before he had that halo of bald going on? 3-4 years ago?

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

For some dumb reason I keep rationalizing a Big Cass win as Vince wanting to legitimize the only young and also big guy they have left (outside of maybe Jinder but he's only 6'5" and Corbin who may be 6'8" or whatever but that's not 'giant' height) that isn't pushing 45 or older so a quick month or so reign for Cass lets them be 'former universal champion' and all of that once they need him to slide into the Kane/Show role.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

CubsWoo posted:

For some dumb reason I keep rationalizing a Big Cass win as Vince wanting to legitimize the only young and also big guy they have left (outside of maybe Jinder but he's only 6'5") that isn't pushing 45 or older so a quick month or so reign for Cass lets them be 'former universal champion' and all of that once they need him to slide into the Kane/Show role.

That'd be way too soon, especially since he such little singles experience. I don't see him winning it. Personally I think KO would be a fresh choice. Rollins is the man, but it'd almost feel like winning it by default, I'd like him to have a better storyline going on for his next reign.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

I also forgot about Braun, Harper and Rowan but none of them are even billed over 6'8"

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

No scoops on these 10 wellnesses that were supposed to happen?

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
We all knew Cass was going to make Vince drool, so I came to terms with a rushed push awhile ago. I don't think it's happening now though.

Enzo is going to be his Lana whenever it happens though. LGBT story lines!

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

CubsWoo posted:

I also forgot about Braun, Harper and Rowan but none of them are even billed over 6'8"

It also doesn't help that Rowan is boring as hell and Harper has been out for a good while now.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
I really wasn't sure about the Dudley Boys having a legit retirement tonight, but I was happy that they came in, worked with all the other teams to try to put them over. Them showing up last year on my birthday was a nice surprise since they were my favorites as a kid. Big brickhouse dudes with the coolest finishing move in my opinion. Though, I wonder if Bubba is going to stay home with his wife, or if we've get Bully Ray v. Broken Matt in the near future.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

oldpainless posted:

No scoops on these 10 wellnesses that were supposed to happen?

WWE won't suspend anyone until they've had a chance to humiliate them on raw and smackdown. It's why they didn't announce Del Rio until Wednesday morning

Mr. McGibblets
Sep 17, 2015

by Deplorable exmarx
Cass has never been pinned correct?

Cass is winning.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
quoting myself from the raw thread because i am a tool

sam bradford lmao posted:

johnny knockout irl after jobbing to braun

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

I knocked myself out by marking too hard whenever Brauns music hits!

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Just make this Bayley's theme for one night.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zKx6xpS_gk

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

Mr. McGibblets posted:

Cass has never been pinned correct?

Cass is winning.

Nah, he's probably gonna throw Jericho out, KO throw Cass out, and Roman or Seth pins KO for the title. This is probably Vince in mild panic mode, so we're not going to get some rookie or a fat canadian with the belt yet.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

Nah, he's probably gonna throw Jericho out, KO throw Cass out, and Roman or Seth pins KO for the title. This is probably Vince in mild panic mode, so we're not going to get some rookie or a fat canadian with the belt yet.

Burly, festive Canadian.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

Heavy Metal posted:

Burly, festive Canadian.

He's a big beautiful man with lots of insulation to keep his perfect muscles safe, but think about it from Vince's perspective. He probably looks at KO, and his mind shows him John Candy in basketball shorts.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

I hadn't seen Cena in a couple months before Summerslam, but is it just me or did he look smaller? Maybe he's cutting back on the juice since he's a sort of part timer

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

I love big sweaty Canadians

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Heavy Metal posted:

And they were way better after they split up too.

come on

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
If that was actually the Dudleys retiring, that was a real weird and lame segment to do it. If it wasn't them actually retiring, then it was just a run-of-the-mill weird and lame segment.

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

DeepDickPizza posted:

If that was actually the Dudleys retiring, that was a real weird and lame segment to do it. If it wasn't them actually retiring, then it was just a run-of-the-mill weird and lame segment.

Thinking it's the former.
https://twitter.com/BubbaRayDudley/status/767927812426784768

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Everybody digs different stuff, but my favorite stuff is singles wrestling with larger than life characters. Rollins and Ambrose (especially Rollins who was on fire) put on by far their best matches after splitting up, and I'd say they grew as characters (again especially Rollins), and improved on the mic as well.

I can see why some would prefer their Shield days, can't say I do though. I did dig The Shield though, especially when they turned babyface near the end.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Let's go ROMAN!

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Thank you Dudleys
See you @ the HOF

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Johnny Knockout is the only thing bringing me any joy rn.

Thank you Mr. Knockout

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Johnny Knockout is the only thing bringing me any joy rn.

Thank you Mr. Knockout

luckily the good wwe produced tv show is tomorrow. if it's not wrestling related and you're using this as a heat sink i'm here for you, friend

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
Like, if that was the Dudleys retiring, couldn't they have at least booked some sort of respectable feud to go out on where they look like something other than the biggest afterthought ever? Maybe give them something a step above a segment featuring the Shining Stars? They have to do a match with the Club at the very least, right?

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

DeepDickPizza posted:

Like, if that was the Dudleys retiring, couldn't they have at least booked some sort of respectable feud to go out on where they look like something other than the biggest afterthought ever? Maybe give them something a step above a segment featuring the Shining Stars? They have to do a match with the Club at the very least, right?

There's a WWE.com exclusive video of their "last walk" up the Raw ramp afterwards. I think that's it, man.

And yeah it's a bit weird but they may very well have suggested the attack spot. Go out on your backs and all that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Yeah, that's the weirdest retirement I've ever seen if it holds. Usually they at least try for a match

That pre show thing didnt feel like a last match, just a split maybe. Waited for the other shoe to drop but it never did

• Locked thread