Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

You can't pull rank on murder.

Hellblazer187 posted:

how would you describe a weed high to someone who has never experienced it?

If you've got a lot on your mind you probably won't anymore. Stuff that barely required attention can now draw all of your attention.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
The first time I got high I was struck with the sensation that I could only focus on two of my five senses at any given time, but found those senses way more intricate and fascinating.

Weed turns me into Daredevil, basically

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
First time I got high it was in my bedroom with a cute guy who never called me back :smith:

The high was great though :unsmith:

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

Code Jockey posted:

this is a big one for me, but add on "and contemplation"

i gave up introspection long ago. it was too hard on my ego.

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

Oh, I call the connections and contemplation "big brain thoughts" that I get when I'm high.

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

I'm high right now

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:

redshirt posted:

I'm high right now

me too! what are the odds?

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

dee eight posted:

me too! what are the odds?

I'd say the odds are.... pretty high.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Hellblazer187 posted:

:grin:

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

Hellblazer187 posted:

:350:

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

dee eight posted:

i gave up introspection long ago. it was too hard on my ego.

you might be on to something here, catdrug man

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
thinking about self isn't good unless it is focused and positive if you're a moper weed ain't gonna really help not mope imho

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Heh weed is fine if you're not feeling great about yourself, but avoid the gently caress out of shrooms

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

thinking about self isn't good unless it is focused and positive if you're a moper weed ain't gonna really help not mope imho

this is very subjective, but I agree, for those it doesn't work for, it doesn't work

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!
just got back from the weed store and was freehanding it up my apartment elevator
stops on 2 to pick up someone else so I shove it in my pocket
guy and his girlfriend get in
a second later, "it kind of smells like basil"
I laugh, thinking he's making a joke about the weed smell then immediately realize he was totally serious
his girlfriend chat about it a second more, "maybe pesto?"
me: I love pesto

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Should have snarled "pesto contains basil!!"

Jelly
Feb 11, 2004

Ask me about my STD collection!

SilvergunSuperman posted:

Should have snarled "pesto contains basil!!"
I am not that intelligent. TIL!

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Sorry to interrupt, I don't mean to pesto you, but I wanted to tell you that the smell is my delicious weed.

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Jelly posted:

just got back from the weed store and was freehanding it up my apartment elevator
stops on 2 to pick up someone else so I shove it in my pocket
guy and his girlfriend get in
a second later, "it kind of smells like basil"
I laugh, thinking he's making a joke about the weed smell then immediately realize he was totally serious
his girlfriend chat about it a second more, "maybe pesto?"
me: I love pesto

:lol: Nice save.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
I'm made of pesto (weed).

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

Hellblazer187 posted:

how would you describe a weed high to someone who has never experienced it?

like so:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7npWDyxB7d8

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
except it loving absolutely is habit forming tim meadows is a goddamn liar about that one

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum
My gf wanted some weed but we couldn’t find it, cause we just moved and all. Tore up the whole house like three times, checked the garage, the crawl space, every box and tote, nothing. She offhand mentions the battery holder for the lawn mower that’s in the garage and sure enough that’s where we stashed it. What a bunch of nonsense

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012
Most States have a store you can buy that at now. But holy poo poo I've been there... Struggling to find a hookup in a new town.

Lucky you the Internet exists.

meat police
Nov 14, 2015

Hotel Kpro posted:

My gf wanted some weed but we couldn’t find it, cause we just moved and all. Tore up the whole house like three times, checked the garage, the crawl space, every box and tote, nothing. She offhand mentions the battery holder for the lawn mower that’s in the garage and sure enough that’s where we stashed it. What a bunch of nonsense

the trick is to smoke it often enough you don't have a chance to squirrel it away

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

dreezy posted:

except it loving absolutely is habit forming tim meadows is a goddamn liar about that one

When people say that they mean it isn't physically addictive. You're not gonna die from weed withdrawal.

If you have a weak mind you can get addicted to anything :shrug:

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

When people say that they mean it isn't physically addictive. You're not gonna die from weed withdrawal.

If you have a weak mind you can get addicted to anything :shrug:

yeah but its specifically the use of the phrase "habit forming" in response to "i dont want to get addicted" when "its not addictive but can be strongly habit forming" is what people say. of course people say a lot of things and mean a lot of things that dont make much sense much less so when youre very high. semantics.

but hey compared to all the other lovely behaviorally addictive habit forming vices of modern life like social media, gambling, tv and apps that do the same thing as tv but with you all of the time, weed is one of the least bad.

Hotel Kpro
Feb 24, 2011

owls don't go to school
Dinosaur Gum

meat police posted:

the trick is to smoke it often enough you don't have a chance to squirrel it away

Wildest part was it was an edible in a small container, just hidden in the literal last place to look

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr
is there anything nicer than a brand new ounce turning up?
new car smell< new ounce reek

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I think I technically meet the criteria for cannabis use disorder and I go back and forth on whether I think that's a real thing or if it's just a bunch of squares writing the DSM.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
i'm imagining cannabis use disorder is like the drinking problem joke in airplane where you try to smoke a joint and stick it in your eye by accident

Jimbone Tallshanks
Dec 16, 2005

Next time my gf lights the filter I'm gonna make that joke.

Actually I'll probably giggle and then when she asks me what's funny I'll do a poor job of providing context and she'll roll her eyes.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
I think the way you smoke weed is fuckin weird but it's rude to say it's disordered imho

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Hellblazer187 posted:

I think I technically meet the criteria for cannabis use disorder and I go back and forth on whether I think that's a real thing or if it's just a bunch of squares writing the DSM.

are you talking about the nausea thing?

mystes
May 31, 2006

Hellblazer187 posted:

Like a lot of the things in the DSM it's basically written in a way where you can only have it if it is causing problems in your life so I'm not sure it's really that relevant whether it's a "real thing" in the sense of having some sort of unique etiology or something?

The most minimal way you could have "mild" cannabis use disorder with only two out of eleven criteria in the DSM-5-TR is like you take more than you intended and are trying to cut down but failing, which probably implies in itself that you're experiencing some level of distress over your use of weed, but if you're just like "nah I think the amount I'm taking is ok" then you wouldn't meet the criteria.

Beyond that, all the other criteria involve it actually disrupting your life somehow.

mystes fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Apr 26, 2024

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

mystes posted:

Like a lot of the things in the DSM it's basically written in a way where you can only have it if it is causing problems in your life so I'm not sure it's really that relevant whether it's a "real thing" in the sense of having some sort of unique etiology or something?

The most minimal way you could have "mild" cannabis use disorder with only two out of eleven criteria in the DSM-5-TR is like you take more than you intended and are trying to cut down but failing, which probably implies in itself that you're experiencing some level of distress over your use of weed, but if you're just like "nah I think the amount I'm taking is ok" then you wouldn't meet the criteria.

Beyond that, all the other criteria involve it actually disrupting your life somehow.

I'm not sure to what degree it is disrupting my life. I've had some persistent brain fog lately and I fear it might be the cannabis. If so, then yes that is affecting/disrupting my life. Maybe I lock my weed away somewhere and still have brain fog a month later, then it's not weed's fault. I don't know. That's pretty much it, though. The next day brain fog. I only have any at night so it's not like "oh I got high instead of going to work." But I'm afraid that doing it the night before might be part of what's making me get less done than I need to at the office.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

weed can cause brain fog for sure but so does getting old. so i mean its going to happen either way. think of it as practice.

mystes
May 31, 2006

Hellblazer187 posted:

I'm not sure to what degree it is disrupting my life. I've had some persistent brain fog lately and I fear it might be the cannabis. If so, then yes that is affecting/disrupting my life. Maybe I lock my weed away somewhere and still have brain fog a month later, then it's not weed's fault. I don't know. That's pretty much it, though. The next day brain fog. I only have any at night so it's not like "oh I got high instead of going to work." But I'm afraid that doing it the night before might be part of what's making me get less done than I need to at the office.
I mean basically your options are 1) don't worry about it or 2) try to quit temporarily to see if it's causing the brain fog. If you're stressed out about it and you try to quit and you can't it's probably fair to describe it as a "disorder" regardless of whether it's actually causing the brain fog?

JAMOOOL
Oct 18, 2004

:qq: I LOVE TWO AND HALF MEN!! YOU 20 SOMETHINGS ARE JUST TOO CYNICAL TO UNDERSTAND IT!!:qq:
yeah I've never had the "really need this to take the edge off" feeling with weed like I did with alcohol, also it feels much less detrimental to your health. actually the reason why I "switched" is because I woke up one Saturday feeling great and felt kinda weird about it - I realized it was because I hadn't drank Friday night. that was how I realized I should probably drink less. so now I dig having an edible + 1 or 2 drinks, gets you feeling much better than 5-6 drinks would

trouble is alcohol tastes really good when stoned. but hey I'm down to like...a few bad hangovers a year now

Heh weed is fine if you're not feeling great about yourself, but avoid the gently caress out of shrooms

sometimes but if you get *too* stoned you can get really weird and self conscious. the scene in Curb where Larry gets high and starts yelling at himself in the mirror is pretty spot on actually.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

My cannabis disorder is that I keep running out of it.