Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The best way to do edibles, as someone with a high tolerance to them, is just to eat way too loving many for a sane mind to handle.

A couple years ago I had a huge amount of edibles in my home because I'd had my weed card for 2 years at that point and kept getting free/cheap edibles when I went to dispensaries and I decided to, you know, try and have some fun with them as someone who has been smoking too much weed on an hourly basis for almost 2 decades.

So I ate 600mg of gummies and then stuffed another ~1200mg into my pockets (for later popping into my mouth) and spontaneously decided "I should go for a walk". I of course also had a vape pen to get even more insanely ripped along the way. I started at my apartment in Scottsdale and I walked all the way to loving downtown Phoenix, a ~14 mile walk, along this route:

Eating gummies and going for walks was nothing new to me but as you might notice if you decide to Google Maps the route or something, this was quite a walk through every urban hellscape you can imagine. I passed by the grungy club center of downtown Scottsdale, then through a long corridoor of high-walled mansions belonging to baseball players, took a detour through some ultra-rich neighborhood at the foot of Camelback Mountain where every gigantic house was on 20 acres of prime wooded real estate right in the middle of a desert city, got through that into a land of addicts passed out on freeway overpasses, which bleeds into some of the worst parts of Phoenix. Then it happened.

Along the final stretch of this walk through Midtown, Phoenix, somewhere past the Biltmore (the ultra-ritzy shopping palace for the megarich) I reached peak high (also having eaten most of my extra gummies by then) and also stumbled into the most bizarre Alice in Wonderland moment of my life which I still remember fondly.

There's this huge stretch of nothing but car dealerships and when you are as high as I was it feels like it goes on forever. Every single one of them has wacky waving inflatable arm men, giant inflated gorillas and other weird balloon poo poo outside, and tents set up everywhere.

This was the middle of the day on a weekday and everyone else in the world was at work but I was busy rocking my brain out of my skull with edibles and walking, completely alone, through this land full of tall balloon beings. The entire time I only passed two people on the sidewalk and I poo poo you not they were both these gigantic 7 foot tall men in uncle sam costumes.

So I'm walking down this road right as every edible careens straight into my brain and fucks me up and I look around and literally everything - every person, every balloon, everything, is so loving tall that I feel like I am shrunken. I started to worry that I was going to shrink too much and get too small to be able to climb onto the bus to go home when I was done. At one point I started running to catch a bus I wasn't even trying to get on just because I wanted to see if I was still tall enough to climb on board.

After I made it through Wonderland I was starting to sober up mostly from being scared that I was too tiny to get onto a bus and I completed my walk chugging down cigarettes, walking through the poor part of town and getting stuck in not one but two different massive crowds of school kids getting in fights and waiting for buses until I finally got to the final stretch down Central Ave, finished my walk and then took a bus home.

It was so much fun I was going to make it an annual excursion but then covid happened the next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

stoopidmunkey posted:

For the folks asking about long term storage, I just found a year old ounce I’d hidden away. I stored it in a mason jar with a boveda pack and some oxygen eaters and shits like the day I got it.

I did this once where I bought an ounce, then the very next day got a great deal on another ounce and stuffed the first one in a mason jar. Then i forgot about it and found it years later when I was broke and out of weed and it was the best feeling I've ever experienced

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Weed thread I'm mad, Arizona got recreational weed last year and the way it got pushed through was by talking up how the tax revenue was going to education.

Well guess what, after 1 year we have the numbers

https://azdor.gov/reports-statistics-and-legal-research/marijuana-tax-collection

$175million in tax revenue.

$6.6million went to community colleges. We have 20 community colleges so that is approx $330k each

$0 went to any other education fund

$82 million went to the Marijuana Excise Tax fund which is split between DHS and local law enforcement.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 02:56 on Dec 15, 2021

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

That sucks for sure, but is this wrong then?

I have no idea what I am talking about, maybe 33% of the excise tax goes to community colleges and that's separate from the Education Tax revenue

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Granted I wouldn't touch any of that except the actual herb but that's like, 2, maybe 3 months worth of weed :effort:

Now that you can get an ounce for $60 at the dispensaries here I smoke way too much weed.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I smoke 1-2 ounces a month but I can't handle one hit from a live resin infused preroll :pwn:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Vampire Panties posted:

its my very long standing tradition to get high

:hmmyes::same:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Wendigee posted:

I googled, but as everyone knows google is pretty lovely these days.

Seems all the matches are ads or outright scams... i guess you need some decent hardware and knowledge, or access to such to actually generate these things?

https://beta.elevenlabs.io/speech-synthesis

This is as far as I know the only speech synthesis AI worth a drat and it's the one that those biden weed quotes are made with. You can mess around with it for free, but creating custom voices by uploading clips of actual speech costs money

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I can't speak for airports but at least with Amtrak trains, the dogs are not sniffing for drugs at all, even if you are boarding in a legal weed state and traveling to a weed-not-legal state. They are literally only there to sniff for bombs and hazardous materials. I learned this while I got sniffed by dogs while boarding an Amtrak with a backpack full of legal weed bound for a place where weed isn't legal

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I just absolutely crushed a few hippie boomers souls by telling them about how the idea of "weed culture" in the hippie movement was intentionally stoked by Nixon as a political weapon to delegitimize the anti-war left and pointing out how they'd spent their lives doing exactly what "the man" wanted them to do

Then I walked away and got high as hell :2bong:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Is portland even all that cheap anymore? Various Google sources list its prices as around $18/gram but I've been paying under $3/gram in Phoenix dispensaries for at least a year. Any given dispensary has at least 2 $70/oz strains.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Inspector Hound posted:

Got the story a little mixed up with LSD but the spirit is the same I guess

It was both
https://www.cnn.com/2016/03/23/politics/john-ehrlichman-richard-nixon-drug-war-blacks-hippie/index.html

quote:

“You understand what I’m saying? We knew we couldn’t make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin. And then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities,” Ehrlichman said

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Realistically it's probably every drug

But yeah it's probably more of a "drugs in general" thing that they pushed for hippies. The point being either way that the hippies loved drugs because Uncle Sam's agents were telling them how cool drugs are.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

After making that post, Amazon recommended a documentary about exactly that to me. Nice try, CIA.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YL1sGiZk1gM

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

bagmonkey posted:

but with lots of people (like me i am signing this post) blowing out their tolerance

This post makes me sad because I really wish I could get actually-high again but by now I am probably beyond the point of being able to function without weed for a week or two in order to bring my tolerance down :(

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Inspector Hound posted:

I think it mostly helps you feel less like poo poo while having cancer

I didn't realize I had blood cancer for several years in part b/c I smoked so much weed that I never felt bad enough to get checked out

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Can someone tell me why all of these jobs that would be the ultimate jobs for a lazy person - where you just get paid to sit there and occupy a room unsupervised overnight and maybe answer a phone call or shuffle some papers around - are the only ones that require drug tests

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Archonet posted:

I work as a night auditor at a hotel. I have approximately 5 to 6 hours of free time in an average shift, have no manager lording over me during the night, and generally have excellent job security because nobody wants to work nights -- and I've worked at a few hotels, not a single one drug tested me. Usually because if they drug tested they'd have to fire the entire kitchen staff, the maintenance guy, and half the front desk.

That all being said, I generally avoid being high at work, I'm not a functional human being when high and I've no idea how anyone manages it -- not to mention driving to and from. But if you're one of those people who can work stoned, look into night audit jobs at hotels.

I applied for some of those last night :respek: Ever since I saw the movie American Splendor my dream in life is just to have some lovely low-effort overnight file clerk job where I can make art on the side

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Every dispensary here has had a huge line out the door wrapping around the building all day long :stare: The deals aren't even that good! It's like buy one get one 70% off which is... pretty much just their daily deals.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I did buy a whole lot of 1:1:1:1 thc/cbd/cbg/cbn gummies and I'm only about 30 minutes into the first one, but dang, I like it already. It feels like getting high used to feel, back before all the super-potent-thc medicinal stuff. Very lighthearted and pleasant and smiley. Reminds me of getting high and watching samurai movies on my buddy's couch when we were in our 20s :kiddo:

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Apr 20, 2023

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

One of the most memorable experiences of my entire life was eating several gummies and then deciding to go for a walk, I ended up walking over 10 miles, all the way from downtown Scottsdale to downtown Phoenix. The reason it was so memorable is because that walk (along Camelback Ave) goes through the gamut of every type of (sub)urban environment you can imagine, every block or two you're in what feels like an entirely different city. One of the sections was an ultra-rich mega-millionaire neighborhood at the foot of Camelback Mountain and I went and walked around there (and thankfully didn't get shot) and it felt like exploring an alien world.

But the best part was when I got to the final stretch - there's a loooooooong stretch of road where every single building on both sides for over a mile is a car dealership. It was the middle of the day on a weekday, and it was tax season, and I kept passing by people dressed as Uncle Sam on stilts or whatever, and there was a random guy walking by that was probably 7' tall (I'm over 6' and he dwarfed me). There were giant inflatable gorillas and wacky waving inflatable arm guys. It felt like some kind of weird Alice in Wonderland thing where I was shrinking as I walked because suddenly everything around me was incredibly tall.

Anyway this high feels similar to that. Would recommend 1:1:1:1 gummies

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Right now I'm the kind of high where I want to sit hunched over a tiny CRT television in a tiny rooftop garden halfway across the world eating a bowl of weird noodles and watching black and white broadcasts through a junky home-made antenna that keeps picking up radio signals from satellites and poo poo

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Spaghett posted:

Take me there
e: Nevermind the song I had here before was not the sound I was thinking of

this one is though:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ga2EslFwTaA

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Apr 21, 2023

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Ok I'm going to go ahead and say it, these 1:1:1:1 gummies are the most pleasant weed experience I've had since the early 2000s

Edit: these ones, since according to Google there aren't many 1:1:1:1 gummies just lots of 1:1:1 gummies

https://www.askhoodie.com/products/r-r-brothers/1-1-1-1-peach-mango-100mg-cbd-100mg-thc-100mg-cbn-100mg-cbg-gummies

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Sucrose posted:

Usually when I smoke it’s not bad, but I swear edibles make me crazy anxious if I have more than a tiny amount. It’s like a whole different drug.

I have anxiety in general though, I take medication for it. I’m trying to smoke more weed and drink less alcohol, I think alcohol is worse for your body and definitely more habit-forming. Boy I gotta hit something after work for my anxiety a lot, and downing a shot or two is definitely not a good habit to get into, I know. I always just want to take the edge off, you know?

Man, I’ve got a brain that was meant to be on constant watch for any lions in the bushes about to jump out and eat us, it just wasn’t meant to live in an apartment and pay bills.

Oh I got generations of men in my family who dealt with their nerves by smoking cigarettes that took decades off their lives, I’m never going that route. I’m sure it would feel good to have a cigarette in my hands all the time, but you don’t see your dad and his dad die at 65 and then turn around and do the same poo poo.

In short I’ve got hereditary anxiety and I need a drug to get in the habit of, but it’s NOT going to be cigarettes like killed previous generations of my family, and I don’t wanna make it alcohol. Sorry for rambling.

For what it's worth on 4/20 I bought a bunch of edibles and I've stopped taking them now because they were sending my anxiety through the goddamn roof

The 1:1:1:1 thc:cbd:cbg:cbn ones were much smoother and only gave me anxiety after several consecutive days of use but the other ones (which were all some combination of thc + high cbd, cbg, or cbn) exascerbated my existing anxiety to stratospheric levels

Carlos Lantana posted:

I got "the fear" from some of that jwh synthetic stuff years ago
It was every paranoid high I'd ever had, all at once, like a bucket of spiders tipped down the front of my shirt

I had a friend have a complete schizophrenic breakdown that led to being institutionalized for a couple weeks and never being the same again after smoking synthetic weed for a while, which I am convinced is in some part an underlying issue that he had, but I have heard too many similar stories to believe the synthetic weed didn't contribute

I also regrettably smoked it for a while like 15 years ago and developed a bunch of chronic health problems out of the blue shortly after that still significantly affect the quality of my life, including blood cancer :smith: Seems to be the case for most people I know who smoked it.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:47 on May 1, 2023

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I've been high literally 24/7 for 16+ years and I think it's finally time to change that. I'm trying to go as long as I can this morning before smoking and then I'll shoot for a little longer every day. Every time I've tried to stop smoking before I failed miserably on the first day but I think it was because I always tried to quit when I was out of weed, and that made me anxious and it was harder to quit. Right now I've got a bunch of weed and I can reward myself for abstaining with a bowl later :2bong:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Yes there are actually two recorded cases of people dying from it, because they refused to stop smoking weed and kept throwing up so much that they died of dehydration.

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29768651/

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

It's largely attributed to the fact that weed these days is 10-100x more potent than it was back in the day that all the addiction/safety studies were done, so there's increasing prevalence of literal weed addiction (like actual physical withdrawal symptoms) particularly from people who hit super high potency dabs or extracts or whatever sciency poo poo all day, CHS, and other problems caused by overconsumption of super-high-potency weed that are now being observed and only recently starting to be studied, and the scientific consensus currently seems to be that modern weed potency makes it very dangerous for anyone under the age of 25 whose brain is still developing

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Jun 8, 2023

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

The trick is to always be so high that no one can tell the difference.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

You can call them Devil's Leggs as in devil's lettuce eggs

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I once agreed to buy weed from a homeless juggalo I met at a bus stop and walked 3 miles with him to his "apartment" which was like just a Peter Pan style den of juggalo kids and then he brought me to another apartment in the same complex where a bunch of strung out shirtless tweakers were passed out everywhere and I met a woman who called herself "queen" who made me smoke a bowl to prove I wasn't a cop before finally selling me weed.

Things are way better now

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

drop nugs in a volcano

:weed:

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

chronic 2001 has The Watcher which is probably the best dr dre song

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=erJQha5ur_U

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Faustian Bargain posted:

i really need to take a break but my stress is so high right now

ymmv but quitting weed severely lowered my stress levels and it came back when I started smoking again so now I quit again

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Hellblazer187 posted:

These fuckin intense dreams are leaving me foggier than the weed did! I assume that wears off?

Edit: Perhaps I should try moderation instead of abstinence. Or maybe I need like an actual doctor for my fatigue. Or maybe I'm just 300 lbs and 42 years old and I just don't get to have energy with those stats.

When I quit smoking weed the intense dreams went away after like 3 nights. They were cool though I kinda miss them.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

I can't speak for everyone obv but it took a full week after I stopped smoking weed for me to stop feeling foggy + have more energy. I've tried going back and smoking in moderation but it always gives me all the same problems that smoking 24/7 did. As much as I used to love weed & am still down with it and nonjudgmental about it it's crazy how much better pretty much everything about my life is when I abstain. I feel better physically, my brain works better, I'm in a better mood & emotionally stable, I sleep way better and keep a better schedule, etc. I actually want to be a part of the world instead of just wanting to hide away getting high 24/7

But in my case I was heavily self-medicating PTSD with being high 24/7 for 20+ years so I don't know how comparable my experience is to everyone else. I just wish I quit way sooner.

Also I have way more money now because I'm not smoking an ounce a week or whatever

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

Here's the trick to traveling with weed

Buy a pack of cigarettes. Take some out and roll them between your index finger+thumb to get all the tobacco out of them. Put weed into them. Take the eraser (including the metal part) off of a pencil and use it to pack the weed down, it's the perfect size to fit in a cigarette. Or just use a brand new unsharpened pencil I guess.

Put the pack in your bag & it just looks like cigs to anyone who sees it. Then you can just smoke 'em like Js or you can empty the weed out of them and smoke a bowl.

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

butt dickus posted:

not sure what your weed is like but if i tried that everything in my bag would smell like weed

Smelling like weed isn't a crime or prohibited though. I've been on amtrak trains like this where they brought sniffer dogs on and I panicked but then learned that the dogs don't give a gently caress about weed and are just sniffing for bombs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss
Jul 27, 2006

butt dickus posted:

i care about all of my clothes smelling like weed at a work conference with my coworkers

Just put the cig pack weed in your carry-on!!