Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Frozen Peach posted:

I'm in outer space

I can't feel a thing

this is incredible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Jestery posted:

Dang, the vong be tiny

I'm on the lookout for a compatible bong now

Unfortunately glass slides and stems are not the done way here, we mostly do 10mm anodised aluminium piping

This may make things tricky, but oh well

I got a dynavap, and the titanium tip, a few months ago and used it a bunch, now I'm like back on one hitters cause I need to conserve, these things save me so much weed and I can smoke all the time:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

My buddy has been going to some "pop up dispensaries" in Houston. Apparently this poo poo gets advertised on apps and they move locations every week, but the weed is straight from CA or CO and good and they sell it like it's a legal situation, even give you free prerolls and edibles. Weed is still mega illegal here but in Harris county it's nearly decriminalized for under 2 ounces.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Nearly decriminalized?

The DA a while back made this pronouncement that they would no longer prosecute weed under 4 ounces and instead give tickets and a class, and nothing on your record. So it's like not a law but they won't prosecute you, supposedly.

that's from NORML's website btw.

sadly this is not the case in Galveston county where I'm at.

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 16:00 on Jul 22, 2022

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

ReelBigLizard posted:

Update: I got my weed. It was surreal going to the co-op* and just picking up my weed and giving them my share number and buying some fishermen's friends** at the same like a regular purchase.

* like a british sam's club
** like altoids but cursed/blessed with licorice

what a minute, you got legal weed in England? if true that's amazing.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

ReelBigLizard posted:

I'm not in England, but yes, Britain as a whole has medical weed. I now have a monthly subscription for 10g a month, South African Birthday Cake, and I pick it up from my grocery store pharmacy. I have nerve damage in my arm and some back trouble as well as anxiety.

My wife gets 10g of Pink Kush too, so it's looking like a really good summer

that's awesome, glad you're getting meds. wonderful summer indeed.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Elviscat posted:

That's why you use a vape, or edibles.

Mushrooms also grow in the forest, just sayin'

Also, little known fact, Bigfoots only reveal themselves when you're so hosed up that you wake up in morning thinking it was a figment of your weedmagination, until you see the 14" footprints 9' apart fading into the springy forest loam in the morning.

Oh poo poo, big if true.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

weed is great, I got no complaints about weed.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Mozi posted:

one of my favorite weed memories is being at my first Phish festival, buying a sweet bubbler from a glassblower and smoking the first bowl with him, as a man dressed entirely in green walked around lighting people's bowls with a large magnifying glass

that's legit af.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Mozi posted:

good times

hell of a piece. NICE!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Vlaphor posted:

I'm obsessive over the smell, since I can't smell and don't know how my townhome smells, so I clean the bong each time I use it and put in new water, plus a litany of other things. I use Ozium, wax diffusers, and I blow the smoke into a large air purifier.

Friends I've asked say the smell is basically fully gone in 30-45 min.

get one of these and you blow zero smoke in the house

they really loving work and it lasts over a month per filter with moderate use.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

don't sleep on those personal carbon filters. poo poo is like the ultimate odor eliminator. I can puff my chillum and have no weed smell at all, don't have to vape. and if you do vape it's like extra stealth, or conscientious, or whatever you're into. also they make smaller ones you can take out in public, if you hit a vape pen out in the world and use the filter, it's insanely low key.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

this pipe my boy Remo is smoking hash out of is so cool:

it's like burl wood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FwORoX5LZ58

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I easily get 3 x higher with a dynavap bowl than a full pax bowl. The pax is a joke, it's got terrible airflow and just runs through weed. I've had it for years and every time I pull it out to give it another shot I'm disappointed. I don't use my dynavap all the time either, but if you cook it right you can get a monster hit.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I did some drugs today boy I tell you what. Good day, stayed busy also and feel accomplished. Thanks drugs!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Happy birthday to weed.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Jestery posted:

I got confused using my dynavap and burnt my lip with the nozzle of a jet lighter

loving OUCH

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9ieB0TbEbQ

simpler times

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 04:22 on Aug 11, 2022

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

onesixtwo posted:

:stonk: my face watching dude melt the plastic cup he drawing from

he still ranked the hash 9.6/10

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I wish vaping weed tasted nearly as good as smoking it. You get so few of the flavors coming through when you vape, instead it's just a generic toasty pine, like hash taste, and nothing more.

Hell this weed I got rn, when smoked, is like sweet piney and petrichor, sometimes a mild grape coming through, super good flavors. Vaped, it could be any weed I wouldn't know it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Waffle! posted:

My white whale is Strawberry Cough. Please tell me it's everything people say it is. The dispensary near me doesn't get any specialty strains.

I've had it and it's very mild fruity aftertaste. my white whale is the Blueberry I had in the 00's that was like fruit stripe gum flavor, so good.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

King Vidiot posted:

My taste buds must be hosed up because I have never smoked weed and thought it "tasted" like anything but weed. Every bud at the dispensary has this name like "Cherry Chunky Monkey Banana Gonuts" and they describe all the flavors and no, no it loving doesn't taste like anything at all. Liars.

weed smoked definitely has very complex and noticeable flavors. you ever watch videos of people pheno-hunting? They'll smoke like 6 variants of one strain back to back and rattle off all these flavor types they're getting and decide on best fit for the furtherance of the seed line. It's there, the flavors are very real, but when vaped you miss a ton of it.

I guess Live Rosin is an attempt to retain a lot of that flavor that's locked in the veg, but it's still not like smoking it.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

The Modern Leper posted:

Except for a bong (though even that's been years), I've had exactly the opposite experience vaping weed vs smoking it. With a joint or a bowl, I can get some flavor on the first hit, but it's generally just carbon after that.

I definitely get the toasty taste with a dry herb vaporizer eventually, but flavors are generally stronger and last longer over a bowl with a vape IME.

EDIT: As a general rule, flavor comes out more at lower temperatures, so maybe it would be different if I used a hemp wick to light vs a larger flame.

I smoke mostly out of a chillum or a small pipe. Weed has clear flavor when you smoke it, generally on the back end but some gas up front. also sometimes blow the smoke out my nose for more noticeable flavors. Vaping flower is just consistently that hashy taste to me.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

bagmonkey posted:

Fellow goon and Dynavap enthusiast PITTSBURGH GLUE FORTUNE told me about the Simrell FMJ (Full Metal Jacket), which is a copper band that goes around your Dynavap and has a single point you heat. It's also supposed to keep it warmer longer and yadda yadda yadda. Here's a link it's available for the same $10 at a bunch of other retailers that have much better shipping options / stock. I'll post a review once I get mine hopefully this weekend

this dude I watch on yt got one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZohSD33CzHk

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Pennywise the Frown posted:

That's exactly what my dynavap looked like every time I used it.

same, it looks like that after you vape it, that's normal

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Started pouring outside, so I loaded up the dynavap. Time for some rainy day chill times:

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

ngl, dynavap got me pretty lit rn.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

your lab results came back and you're THC deficient, we're gonna have to give you a serious of dabs.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Jestery posted:

Oh , will it hurt?

It hurts so good

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Elviscat posted:

Is this like a murder of crows?

dabs never murdered anyone, except boredom.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Weed doesn't kill people, people kill people.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

CBD doesn't do poo poo, sorry I know the truth hurts.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I got some CBD weed at home, it stinks to smoke it, and it doesn't affect me in any way shape or form. It reminds me of this one time as a kid we smoked chamomile tea (straight rolled it up in rolling paper)...it did nothing whatsoever but tasted kind of nice.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Jestery posted:

I have recently become known as "the chillest guy I know"

*whistles* That's one chill rear end dude right there dayum!

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

SO you're saying to get an effect from CBD I need to take an >LD50 dose, and even then it's like advil...well I would for science that's for sure.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I've gotten injured a bunch over the last decade and ngl, weed doesn't help with pain for me, but it does make my life considerably more tolerable. Ultimately I only need weed at night because I can't let myself go to bed without anxiety unless I have SOMETHING, and weed is MY DRUG, and I can do without all the other things if I have it. But drat if I don't have weed, I get up to some poo poo trying to get to bed. I've taken some heroic doses of various herbs and supplements, and OTC drugs and then some harder poo poo when I've had it...it all sucks, and weed is amazing, and really it's the only drug humanity needs for generalized shittiness.

Also, since the beginning of pandemic I quit drinking and went back to weed after about a year off (cause I wanted to finally act professional but became an alchy instead), it's been years now totally alcohol free!

LifeSunDeath fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Aug 29, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

I'd say it needs more than a little