Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I found this article interesting, the only confirmed case so far in Canada was a 50 year old who only started vaping in the last 6 months and was vaping legal nicotine carts.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/vaping-related-illness-quebec-1.5299487

There's one other case in Canada so far that I can easily find, a teen a couple weeks ago likely related, but not yet confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Sandersons Mistborn series is pretty good. Fun and different and it moves along at a nice solid pace.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Left Handed Cigarettes a common one anywhere else? I've heard that pretty often but it may be more of a local thing.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I've rarely ever stirred my Fury Edge. Usually I just run a bowl till I stop getting vapor and its all evenly brown at that point all the way through without stirring so I've never bothered.

Seems like the vape mail/shipping ban is going to make it rough to get a vape in the US shortly without jumping through an assload of hoops. Get one while you can.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I run mine at 430f mostly lately. After 18 months of daily use or so I get about twelve 5 min cycles which means roughly six bowls for me. ymmv.

I only use at home so I just leave it plugged in when not in use.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

https://www.natlawreview.com/article/congress-amends-pact-act-to-apply-to-all-vaping-products-placing-huge-burden-small

Explains some of the changes to the PACT act and how it can affect vapes.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I'm not an expert so I'd recommend people look up the specifics themselves but the basic gist is that all e-cigs/vapes are getting added into the existing rules regarding mailing cigarette and smokeless tabacco products. The USPS wont ship those, UPS and Fedex I believe have also said they intend to follow the USPS decisions. And the new rules appear to take effect end of March.

Here is an article that covers most of it in regards to vaping as of a couple days ago. https://vaping360.com/vape-news/108577/vape-shipping-and-the-pact-act-what-we-know-so-far/

The current rule is:

quote:

Except as provided in 472.2, all cigarettes (including roll-your-own tobacco) and smokeless tobacco are nonmailable and shall not be deposited in or carried through the Postal Service mailstream. Nonmailable cigarettes and smokeless tobacco deposited in the mail are subject to seizure and forfeiture. Any nonmailable cigarettes and smokeless tobacco products seized and forfeited shall be destroyed or retained by the federal government for the detection or prosecution of crimes or related investigations and then destroyed. Senders of nonmailable cigarettes and smokeless tobacco may be subject to seizure and forfeiture of assets, criminal fines, imprisonment, and civil penalties. The Postal Service will not accept for delivery or transmit any package that it knows, or has reasonable cause to believe, contains nonmailable cigarettes or smokeless tobacco. If the Postal Service reasonably suspects that a mailer is tendering nonmailable cigarettes or smokeless tobacco, then the mailer bears the burden of proof in establishing eligibility to mail. The Postal Service has reasonable cause not to accept for delivery or transmit a package based on:

A statement on a publicly available website, or an advertisement, by any person that the person will mail matter which is nonmailable under this section in return for payment; or
The fact that the mailer or other person on whose behalf a mailing is being made is on the U.S. Attorney General‘s List of Unregistered or Noncompliant Delivery Sellers.

There are some exceptions, but its generally lovely.

quote:

Online retailers will be required to:

Verify age of customers using a commercially available database
Use private shipping services that collect an adult signature at the point of delivery
Register with the ATF and the U.S. Attorney General
Register with state and local tax administrators in all states and localities where business is done
Collect and pay all applicable local and state taxes, and affix any required tax stamps to the products sold
Each month, a list of all transactions must be sent to each state’s tax administrator that includes the names and addresses of each customer sold to, the quantities and type of each product sold, and the name, address, and phone number of the person delivering the shipment to the recipient

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Another great use of the Fury Edge dosing caps is making little mixed bowl sandwiches. I like to make them with shatter and kief.

Like so:
---------
Weed
Tiny Bit o' Shatter
Sprinkle of Kief
Weed
---------

Can do the same thing without the dosing caps for sure, but the caps make keeping everything clean a bit easier. If the caps get gooped up, you just drop them in a bit of iso and shake them up. Good to go.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Here in Canada it has pretty much shaken out to Flower, Concentrates, Edibles, and Topicals. Method of consumption seems to have become the default because if you just walk in and ask for some dank or whatever its not really enough info given the available options. Though really it just invites a few more questions about what exactly you are looking for.

Plus half the dispensaries now look like Apple stores and they are trying to maintain a certain level of professionalism because its important at this sort of early stage of rec legal to maintain that image to some extent.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Realized I was going to run out in the next couple days. Ordered a Oz online and it should be here on Monday just in time for 4/20. It's so nice this just isn't an issue here anymore. Thanks :canada:!

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Doing my part. Baked. Happy 420!

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Got my new oz of sativa, got my edibles, got 100g of avb soaking in some 75% alcohol. Getting pizza later. Page 420 just around the corner. It's a good day.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Yeah we'll make it today. It's early yet, once people get off work and enjoy the day, they'll post a bit. We'll get there.

Unless we get extra sleepy from all the weed anyways.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I'm just happy we made it. Good job weed!

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Hooray!

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

thathonkey posted:

what temp is best to vape at besides the obvious 420 degrees ??

350 to 375 for flavor. 430 for max extraction.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Wiggles a bit when it's clean. Couple sessions and it's usually stuck in place from resin.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Little stainless steel bowls basically. Yeah you fill them, drop one in, vape it, swap for the next one. Keeps it clean and works a bit better for keif/shatter flower stacks.

Empty the caps and drop them in iso. Makes cleanup a breeze at the cost of loading the caps being a bit finicky.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Ive had a few get pretty stuck. I keep a pair of needlenose pliers around for it but its only occasionally needed.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Tile Keychains with a 510 thread.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Oh thank God. I thought I was the only one.

:350::420:

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

fuctifino posted:

I made an electronically cooled bong.

I've managed to get it down to 7.6C using a single peltier modue. I'm adding a 2nd one that's twice as powerful on the weekend, and I'm going to try to aim for sub zero cooling.

As someone who has also enjoyed building weirdo weed devices :discourse:

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I made this awhile ago.

Ultrasonic humidifier bong. Weed Vapor passed through a couple downstems connected by a perforated tube. Vape would pickup just a bit of nice cool ultrasonic water vapor. Was good for dry mouth and nice flavor.

And then I knocked it over one time and shattered it. Was fun while it lasted though.

https://i.imgur.com/MRWf5mZ.mp4

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

:420::drugnerd::awesomelon::okpos::iceburn::crnasickos:

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Don't remember if it was this thread or the TCC one but I'll advise that if you add ultrasonic vapor it will probably make you cough until you get the ratio adjusted just right. I found that too much water vapor caused immediate coughing. Which is not really that odd, you're breathing in water, but still something to consider.

Was going to combine it with this thing I built https://docs.google.com/document/d/1KCZxWcBrHvBQlFKVkQCHuzNtuFEQeSX09vFU8ZxMvIY/ but then covid got worse, parts were backordered etc and never got back to it.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I've never seen anything conclusive. Anecdotally ice bongs have never given me a problem but I also don't use them all the time.

By the time it's in your mouth and throat I doubt it's still freezing anyway, just colder than it would be otherwise. Though with your setup it pretty far past the basic ice bong.

Either way inhaling anything too hot or too cold can cause damage so its something to keep in mind at least.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Borneol.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I like Super Lemon Haze.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

It's good. But does it play Vanilla Ice's classic "Ice Ice Baby" when it reaches temperature and then switch to Under Pressure when you draw?

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

2022 Highnet comes online and becomes self aware. Now terminator robo bongs stalk us everywhere, never stopping, never letting us rest. Everyone is soooo baked.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Pregame your decision bowl with a micro dose. But since that's hard to measure easiest to just do a full bowl micro dose.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

You probably don’t. Not if you enjoy flower, because that’s tough to enjoy when half a one-hitter may be too much.

Ever tried a dry herb vape? That's a nice use case for one if you want to try flower microdosing. It's very doable.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

We should commence testing immediately. These findings need to be verified asap.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Mom I wanna vape! Not till you do your homework! My homework is vaping! Checkmate.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Is smoking weed vs vaping the rolling coal vs electric cars of the weed world? Makes ya think.

Deep thoughts. :buddy:

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Cheesecloth and silicone oven mitts.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

The Dynavap welcome kit is still a steal of a deal. 2020 M, wooden stash, and torch for $50.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

Yeah it would be nicer if that stuff was cheaper and easier to get. I've been putting off getting new orings because it's all I need and I really don't want to pay shipping for just 3 orings or whatever.

At some point I'll measure them and order a bag of 1000 from McMaster.

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I made a Dynavap cigar stem/case/integrated decapper.

It's a little rough but works just fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sedgr
Sep 16, 2007

Neat!

I'm not sure it's to the point of kickstarting but Im going to make a few more and work out the gremlins.

Too :420: tonight though. Happy Thanksgiving.