Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
Nothing beats a joint in the warm autumn sun with the smell of leaves and coffee in the air and the taste of woodsmoke on the wind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
First dealer I ever had was a post-grad bio student that grew his own hybrid strains and named them after Nintendo 64 games.

Yes, you had to watch a live episode of a majora's mask or ocarina LP every time you picked up, but I still haven't found weed as tasty as his.

Shout out to all the weirdo but not malicious dealers out there.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

Discounting obvious things like “it’s covered in mold”, not that I’ve seen. Depending on what you consider bad. From what I’ve seen it’ll most likely be drier, harsher, browner, and maybe less potent. The internet tells me THC degrades into CBN (I yhink) over time.

Last week I vaped a bud that was in a mason jar for 2.5 years. Seemed ok.

Yeah, this. Weed doesn't really go bad unless there's moisture in it/around it, in my experience. But since most of it is dried to gently caress and back, that's not usually a concern. Any parasites/bugs/mold that may come on it in egg or spore form can be problematic, too, but the place would have to be real rinkadink to get that quality these days, it feels like. At least in a legal state with actual testing and dispensaries and stuff, anyway.

I've smoked 4 year old bag weed before, didn't really get me super high but it was still pretty good, considering the circumstances. The kief and shake was solid as gently caress though.

An ounce I picked up at a friends house a couple years ago has been treating other guests for a while now - stored in a jar in a cabinet - and that's going on almost 3 years at the end of the month here. I'd say it's probably fine if there's nothing otherwise fucky with it.

e:

bagmonkey posted:

hello welcome to bagmonkey's autism info dump time

weed doesn't go back, however the THC-A (THC before you activate it) and maybe the CBD? will break down to CBN if it's exposed to oxygen. CBN is the cannabinoid that makes you sleepy, so sometimes old weed can have a really "stony" effect. If the weed has been sealed in an airtight jar, my experience is that degradation is minimal and the weed will probably be just as good as the last time you smoked it.

[...]

Hey! I was wondering if there was something like that going on. Thanks, that's rad :science:

Mudlark fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Dec 18, 2023

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

fuctifino posted:

I'm still a week or two away from receiving my second apothecary box, as my first is already overfilled:

21 strains and growing. I love selecting random vials and making mini cocktails of the two, such as:

plus

No two cocktails are the same :toot:

My dream is to eventually show up to a LARP event with something precisely like this in tow. That's fuckin rad

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009

blunt spiner